• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akselziys

Aksys Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Persona 1 PSP I enjoyed the re-translation, though them trying to making it similar to modern Persona with the bright menus and remixed music was kinda meh since it was darker and more morbid before.

Would have been nice if it had an option for the original music like Persona 2: Innocent Sin had on PSP. Or at least making the remixed music closer to the source material like they did in P2IS PSP.

el3m

Oct 27, 2017
I missed P2 in psx days and my entry into Persona series was with P3P and I liked it so much that I instantly played through P2 IS on my psp. Very distinctive vibe compared to other RPG's.

I tried to play through the P2 EP PSX version, but I was missing some QOL updates too much and struggled to even properly start the game. I think there's a fan translation project slowly progressing, so maybe one day I'll complete the duo.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
P2 Tsumi is probably the best entry on the classic Persona series. It has its distinctive vibe while still retaining some of his SMT roots like the negotiation system It saddens me that we probably will never go back to something like that since more people like S.Links and the modern loop of gameplay.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
2nd Persona game I played, started it once I finished P1P which I absolutely enjoyed and didnt realize how long I played the game for - a total of 90 hours.

P2IS was good but I enjoyed the combat and setting for P1P more.

Still need to play P2EP, went straight to P3P and then to P4.

DigitalDevil

Oct 25, 2017
I've had Eternal Punishment sealed for almost a decade.... Been tempted to open it but never have despite my love for SMT.

I'm wondering if I should finally bust it open.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to finish it. Had so many goes at it over the years. But in my latest save i'm the farthest i've ever been. It has my favorite cast of characters, at least from the Persona games i played. I also think it has the best music. Just the encounter rate coupled with those dungeons...
Despite that i will finish it someday, i'll make sure of that.

xania

Oct 27, 2017
The P2 games are my favourite of the Personas, even with lacking the QoL stuff the later ones have. I just love all the characters so much. I think I'm one of the few who likes IS better than EP, but for some reason I keep putting off playing the PSP remake. Shame they never brought the EP remake out of Japan, having both to replay would be a good incentive.

hi i'm ark

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Persona 1 PSP I enjoyed the re-translation, though them trying to making it similar to modern Persona with the bright menus and remixed music was kinda meh since it was darker and more morbid before.

Would have been nice if it had an option for the original music like Persona 2: Innocent Sin had on PSP. Or at least making the remixed music closer to the source material like they did in P2IS PSP.

It really is a shame. The P1 soundtrack is oppressively grimy and does a wonderful job of setting the mood. Both P2 games inherited that feeling pretty well, and I still like the cast in IS/EP the most out of all the entries in the series.

Rune

Oct 27, 2017
IS and EP are two amazing games. Put something like 95 hours in EP back in the day. After each story beat I would check every location to read all the new npc dialogue. Personally, I enjoyed the negotiations and all the ridiculous combos you could do. It was especially cool how different character's negotiation combos would sometimes change as their relationship with each other did.

Last edited:

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Persona 2 is a gem. It might be too easy, but I think the gameplay is more rewarding than that of Persona 4 or 5. Eternal Punishment is probably better in this arena.

OP
OP
crimilde

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I can vouch for Persona 1 PSP though. Finished it last year and had a great time. Too bad Innocent Sin on PSP is so poor.

Yeah, I thought 1 was superb and that's after playing 3 and 4.

I love P1P too, such a good game. Though i would had loved the option for the original music.

All this praise for P1 is making me very excited to start playing it next. I was going to switch it up a bit and try my hands at some other game but this sounds too good. :)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish they hadn't dumbed down the difficulty for the PSP version. Outside of the final boss, the original PS1 version was already on the easy side. And they completely nuked the difficulty out of the final boss. Such a shame considering all of the other improvements.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this praise for P1 is making me very excited to start playing it next. I was going to switch it up a bit and try my hands at some other game but this sounds too good. :)
It's a high paced classic MegaTen with very little fluff. Honestly the opposite of Persona 5. I heard many people prefer the original soundtrack but I can't comment on that but I did like the new soundtrack.

Love my collection.

HW7qbq0.jpg

OP
OP
crimilde

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
It's a high paced classic MegaTen with very little fluff. Honestly the opposite of Persona 5. I heard many people prefer the original soundtrack but I can't comment on that but I did like the new soundtrack.

Love my collection.

That sounds great in my book. One of my biggest issues with Persona 5 was that the scripted conversations were "hardcoded" in a way that they didn't take into account or change based on previous interactions that you had.
While I totally get that it may be difficult for them to fork the dialogue in so many ways, it was pretty immersion-breaking for me so until they can do it properly, I can live without that.

Sadly I can't see the pic. :( It just shows as a question mark on my end.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds great in my book. One of my biggest issues with Persona 5 was that the scripted conversations were "hardcoded" in a way that they didn't take into account or change based on previous interactions that you had.
While I totally get that it may be difficult for them to fork the dialogue in so many ways, it was pretty immersion-breaking for me so until they can do it properly, I can live without that.

Sadly I can't see the pic. :( It just shows as a question mark on my end.
Oh really? Well, that's strange. Hope this pic isn't too big:

HW7qbq0.jpg

angolo

Oct 28, 2017
Padova
what interest me of this game making me want to play it is the plot, everybody likes it
playing p5 right know --> it's very a very japanese game, loving it :)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im familar with LTTP and RTTP, but never seen a LLTP lol.

In all seriousness though, really liked the characters and storyline for the Persona 2 series. The gameplay can be a bit outdated but everything else about the series is awesome.

On the other site there was a thread about a PSP Eternal Punishment Fan Translation project that ive been waiting for since I finished IS. Yes there is a PS1 version I could play, and I have. Really hope someone is still working on this :(

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Im familar with LTTP and RTTP, but never seen a LLTP lol.

In all seriousness though, really liked the characters and storyline for the Persona 2 series. The gameplay can be a bit outdated but everything else about the series is awesome.

On the other site there was a thread about a PSP Eternal Punishment Fan Translation project that ive been waiting for since I finished IS. Yes there is a PS1 version I could play, and I have. Really hope someone is still working on this :(
Someone is. ;)

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ha it was a silly typo. My fault for not double-checking the title before posting. :D

Yeah I know, was just giving you crap lol. Its all good.

Hope your liking the game so far! Maya has to be my favorite character in the whole series. Love the rumor system in these games. Hope you dont get too burnt out and check out EP after your finished with IS.

Thats really good news! I was afraid they had just moved on to something else.