• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
YouTube star Logan Paul and some buddies went into Aokigahara, or the infamous "Japanese Suicide Forest" and eventually go on to show someone who committed suicide in the video. It's very disturbing, I won't link it so we don't give him views + it's a very disturbing image. Keep this in mind if you really want to seek it out.

I hope in 2018 we can steer kids away from creators like this douche and his brother who do shit like exploit suicide corpses for clicks. Hopefully YouTube stops promoting them and demonetizing other creators who are infinitely more harmless and a better influence on the community.

Edit: the video has now been taken down. Here's an apology he posted to Twitter:

Last edited:

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
A few of the kids at work love watching him and/or his brother. Even before this I couldn't stand either one of them, but this is just disgusting.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped through it to see how far he went.... yeah fuck this guy. THAT should NOT be in anyones YouTube video. Hopefully the video gets removed by YouTube and his account is taken away. That is not right.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not the first time this has happened. Yes it is tasteless for a random Youtuber to do this and profit from it, but Vice did a feature on the Suicide forest a while ago where they discover a skeletal corpse from someone who had killed themselves a few months earlier.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
wut? they showed someone committing suicide on video and didn't try to help??

Nemo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How far down the rabbit hole can cunts like this go for Youtube money?

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked by how many times he continues to cut back to the victim with close ups. And keeps his alien hat on and laughing about the situation and jokes with his friends.

Also, when he and his friends say in the video that they care for you and are there for you if you feel suicidal or not okay mentally, yeah that's bullshit too.

They don't give a fuck about you at all.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
Could be fake. Doesn't make it better though. Wouldn't surprise me if a youtuber like him would do such a thing

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Seriously foul. I wish this joke of a YouTube celebrity gets washed away because it's really unhealthy for kids to be watching his antics.

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ.He should delete the video, imo.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
There are two very real, very scummy possibilities.

1. It's fake, and they're going to get called on it and say it was a social experiment to raise awareness for mental health issues (the close-up of the body has feet practically touching ground, blurring over any area that could cover for a harness).

2. It's real, and they're acting like jackass and disrespecting a dead body literally in front of them, recorded for clicks.

I'm really, REALLY in camp #1 because I don't want to believe the sheer evil of this video.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It could actually be handled in an interesting way, that is if it wasn't for this complete and utter fucking knob-end in front of the camera.

I can't remember the name of it, but I watched a BBC documentary about the suicide rates in Japan and in that doc they went into these woods with a guy that looks for bodies so he can report them to the authorities and bring closure to families, and if possible, talk people that were contemplating killing themselves out of it.

He wasn't dressed like a complete loon or camping with his buddies for a dare and internet cash though.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
It's bullshit, an actor with his toes touching the ground. Everyone can't keep a straight face in video.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After watching the video....Yeah uploading this was a terrible idea. If nothing else it demonstrates that frat boy idiots really don't know how to handle real life when it comes at you fast and proceed to do the only thing they know how to do which is act like idiots.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the kids at work likes this guy and/or his brother. Everything I've heard about these two has been weird and gross. This kind of shit shouldn't be acceptable.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
When I saw this mentioned earlier I can't say I was surprised. It seemed like something he would do. Although the fact that his audience is primarily kids makes this even worse. How anyone thought that this was a good idea is crazy, then he makes it all about himself when he talks about this being a first in YouTube history.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Like, his video's purpose isn't bad IE you're stronger than you realize but it kind of fails at the part where he films the corpse of a person who thought there was only 1 option left. it's almost as if this guy doesn't really care about the message he's sending and wanted youtube views.

youtube should delete his account.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess it's fake. Using the excuse of privacy to blur out the face keeps them from having to make the actor up to look dead, and they can always deny it by, again, using the privacy excuse.

Then again, I could be wrong. The whole thing looks too "clean", especially the person's clothing. I wouldn't put it past these attention whores to fake it for views.

Status
Not open for further replies.