• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean..... I guess this is better than Pewdiepie. A little bit. I think.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Did he speak with Japanese police yet (we're they even actually looking to speak with him). That would show way more maturity then an over produced "We're soooorrrry" video.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guess you can just pay to have a second chance.

i always found donating to charity very hollow for people who massively fuck up like this. if you can just pay to be a better person, you're not a better person in any kind of magnitude.

if he's actually changed, good for him but i still won't be watching his content, just as i was before and during the massive controversy.

Dec 31, 2017
This is so insincere it's painful. Yes in the short term he donated money to a good cause, but you have to be so naive to believe he didn't do that just to salvage his channel/reputation. In the long term this guy now gets to stay on youtube and continues to make horrible videos; that's what he's known for and that's how he will influence the young generation that follows him. The argument that this one off photoshoot is "bringing attention to a cause" is shortsighted in the sense that he's likely going to go back to his previous racist, ignorant, nonsense when he starts making videos again. He likely hasn't truly changed and will continue to be a net negative when it comes to influencing children. If he continues to make sensible videos on the regular about suicide/prevention for an extended amount of time, then I can believe that he learned his lesson. But for now, this is just a way to salvage his reputation, take advantage of young minds, and go back to making millions as if nothing happened.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"well I have no work-force skills so maybe I should try this YouTube vlog shtick again"

Good luck, champ.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is so insincere it's painful. Yes in the short term he donated money to a good cause, but you have to be so naive to believe he didn't do that just to salvage his channel/reputation. In the long term this guy now gets to stay on youtube and continues to make horrible videos; that's what he's known for and that's how he will influence the young generation that follows him. The argument that this one off photoshoot is "bringing attention to a cause" is shortsighted in the sense that he's likely going to go back to his previous racist, ignorant, nonsense when he starts making videos again. He likely hasn't truly changed and will continue to be a net negative when it comes to influencing children. If he continues to make sensible videos on the regular about suicide/prevention for an extended amount of time, then I can believe that he learned his lesson. But for now, this is just a way to salvage his reputation, take advantage of young minds, and go back to making millions as if nothing happened.
This is honestly the most accurate post I've seen in this thread. $1,000,000 is obviously good, but he's not going to suddenly stop promoting awful behavior to children because of that, which has the potential to do even more harm.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
he's in the PR 'I'm Sorry' mode and I'm sure he regrets doing the video. If the backlash hadn't happened he wouldnt have learned shit. So yeah he has his second chance, but let's not pretend he learned anything besides 'suicide is bad and I need to stop from uploading things like this in the future'

The next lesson he needs to learn is to you know, not annoy a whole fucking country when he goes to visit.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for a while i have felt that this generation of young people is odd in the sense that they haven't seem to have done anything to make old people particularly outraged, and if anything they're more outraged by what the old people are up to. maybe with things like logan paul and the tide pod challenge they're finally picking up the slack.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if he donated a million bucks he has to be loaded. I wouldn't have even bothered with trying to do the Youtube again. I'd take my earnings and fuck off.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
Yo...like I hear that if you have an Asian girlfriend, you can't be racist! Maybe he just needs to find a full Asian girlfriend because having a half Asian gf(Chloe Bennet) could still leave him half racist.

/S

Get the fuck outta here with that "he's not racist because he perpetuates racist stereotypes" and isn't calling us chinks. As you saying he isn't being racist if he calls someone a small dicked ching chong Charlie Chan?

Fuck this fuckboi and he's lucky he didn't roll up to the wrong person and get his shit kicked for being a racist.

-An ABC

why are you putting shit in quotes that was not even said?

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
It's a start

I mean if he donated a million bucks he has to be loaded. I wouldn't have even bothered with trying to do the Youtube again. I'd take my earnings and fuck off.
Youtube isn't even his primary source of income. Both Logan and Jake make a shit ton of money selling their merch.

Nemo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for a while i have felt that this generation of young people is odd in the sense that they haven't seem to have done anything to make old people particularly outraged, and if anything they're more outraged by what the old people are up to. maybe with things like logan paul and the tide pod challenge they're finally picking up the slack.
That's because this generation is just shooting themselves in the foot and self destructing. The amount of influence social media has on this generation is insane, with the constant need for attention and self admiration, and yes I know I sound like an old man yelling at clouds.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with second chances, but there won't be a third. Well, his fan base will give him 4th and 5th like pewdiepie.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I want to believe that anyone can change and improve.
But this pretentious shoots...
G5zm37.gif

Glad someone else saw it.

If you fall for this bullshit you're an idiot. Logan Paul is a child and while he may yet grow up to be a decent person, it didn't magically happen because of recent events.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why are you putting shit in quotes that was not even said?

Ok, is this one better?

I am asian and they are racial stereo types or insensitive comments, but they are not hateful or racist. I don't know if you have experienced racism, but that ain't it. You could put more into his words and make implications, but that's all they are, implications of what you may think he is trying to say with his actions or words. I think he is more a douche bag rather than racist. I can probably go as far as diet racist, but i don't see hate in his actions.

The stuff he did disrespecting people and being a jock around japan is kind of feeding the american stereotype if anything but not racist either.

Racism is different lets not dilute it here. Being racially insensitive or just a plain douche can be changed a lot easier compared with a deep hatred for the colour of someones skin or the shape of their eyes.

But logan paul is one entitled fucker. Would definitely give him a taste of his own medicine if he was ever here.

There are real racists to go after and they dont even use social media because they are too busy doing actual harm. Let's focus on those.

Your definition of what's racist is terrible and that's the last I'm going to say about it. The fact that you won't call someone racist for using racist stereotypes is mind-boggling. Logan Paul is racist and his shit family can get some.

Last edited:

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's because this generation is just shooting themselves in the foot and self destructing. The amount of influence social media has on this generation is insane, with the constant need for attention and self admiration, and yes I know I sound like an old man yelling at clouds.

I'm there too. And it doesn't mean we're wrong. The constant cycle of social media is rewiring people's brains. Now people watch something on TV to be the first to come up with some clever zinger and post it on Twitter. And then everyone jumps on board. I go out with my girlfriend and almost every other couple that is out is on their phones the entire time. Like WTF.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't like him at at all but he doesn't deserve to be a permanent outcast from society. Hope he matures... a lot.
This.

If it's not some PR stunt- if people aren't willing to give him credit for trying to evolve, and giving a whole million dollars to help efforts, they aren't interested in lessons being learned, they aren't interested in progress, and they're only interested in burning people down for every little transgression. To which I say- they don't deserve a spot at the table for this conversation.

Logan is in a great spot to affect change, to set an exampl, and put his money where his mouth is. Even if he has to be the poster boy for the consequences. Fine.

To his other actions in Japan, I say the same. I don't watch Logan. I think he's a big dumb fuck who isn't worth my time. But I'll say that we have all be young, done dumb shit, been ignorant and insensitive to SOMETHING at some point in our lives, and had to ask to be forgiven for it, or paid consequences. Anybody not interested in somebody genuinely learning from mistakes (depending on the mistake) isn't being genuine themselves.

I found that other Japan video way worse than the suicide forrest one.

The guy is a complete fuckwit. No redemption.
I agree with this. They were both shitty, but the Japan vid carried a thicker level of egregious than the suicide vid. I really think he needs to answer to that too. Go to Japan and do some time, or something. I don't agree with the non-redemption thing though. Jesus people, at least let the guy have a goddamn effort before you cast him to he fire

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I give him six months before he fucks up again in some manner. People will still be asking for a second chance for him as well.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing is, this isn't a "should we forgive him?" type deal. This isn't a person who provided some kind of value but made a mistake. What happened is that he did something that showed the world that his brand of "entertainment" is toxic and harmful to the children who watch him.

I'm not saying he should continue being villainized or whatever, but the result of his actions should be that everyone knows not to indulge in this trashy form of celebrity worship. He didnt simply make a mistake on his channel, hiw channel was exposed as being awful. The ideal result of this should be that people wise up and stop watching his channel. This apology video is completely pointless and calculated. Nothing has changed.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Dude must be really rich to donate $1 mil like that. Or it's a Donald Trump donation and it won't ever actually happen.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm there too. And it doesn't mean we're wrong. The constant cycle of social media is rewiring people's brains. Now people watch something on TV to be the first to come up with some clever zinger and post it on Twitter. And then everyone jumps on board. I go out with my girlfriend and almost every other couple that is out is on their phones the entire time. Like WTF.
These gosh darn kids and their video games, they're like zombies. Back in my day we used to throw rocks at each other

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll see how it goes, but everything about this guy and his personality screams this is just damage control and he'll be back to business in 2-3 months.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These gosh darn kids and their video games, they're like zombies. Back in my day we used to throw rocks at each other

If you don't think technology affects people's brains, I think you're demonstrably wrong. Here's an example: people didn't dream in color until the advent of color televisions.

As far as video games, they certainly deserve criticism as well, but that's not what we're talking about here are we?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Did he address his other wrong doings or is this just focused on the suicide forest incident?

Because if its the later, then nope, not buying it.

If this was a one time mistake he made, then I'd be more forgiving.

But he's shown a history of shit behavior even before the suicide video went viral for all the wrong reasons

- Burying $3000 at vidcon, making the lives of all the security guards much harder because they need to keep order while thousands of screaming tweens are running around
- Faking him getting shot in front of child fans
- Exploiting children through heavy merchandising
- Just being an all around asshole because kids think he is "edgy and cool"

I found his utter disrespect to the people of Japan far more egregious than the suicide video, and that is probably the worst thing he has done. But it shows the logical progression of the crap he did in Japan ultimately leading to that moment.

If he is just focusing on the suicide forest incident, then he clearly misunderstands or is just trying to appeal to the people who only learned about him because of the suicide video. He has always presented himself like an asshole and youtube never had an issue with it, but now that one incident went too viral youtube got involved and the severity of punishment is equal to what happened to pewdiepie when wall street clipped together his videos showing "anti-semetic" content.

Unless his actual youtube content changes, this is just a PR stunt.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Proper manipulation of kids.Drew Gooden delved deeper into Edfluence, if you want to see what the more pretentious and super amateurish videos are like. Some of them just have first takes and they don't edit out the bad takes XD

So Jake Paul has literally become a late night infomercial snake oil salesman. Dude is straight up selling online courses to kids to learn how to be Jake Paul. The Paul brothers are trash.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounded like straight up bullshit to me so I googled it and it seems like there is some truth to it. Whoa.

Yeah I learned it from Persona 5 actually and then had to look it up for myself.

It sucks being cynical but what an apathetic person he is :(.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did he address his other wrong doings or is this just focused on the suicide forest incident?

Because if its the later, then nope, not buying it.

If this was a one time mistake he made, then I'd be more forgiving.

But he's shown a history of shit behavior even before the suicide video went viral for all the wrong reasons

- Burying $3000 at vidcon, making the lives of all the security guards much harder because they need to keep order while thousands of screaming tweens are running around
- Faking him getting shot in front of child fans
- Exploiting children through heavy merchandising
- Just being an all around asshole because kids think he is "edgy and cool"

I found his utter disrespect to the people of Japan far more egregious than the suicide video, and that is probably the worst thing he has done. But it shows the logical progression of the crap he did in Japan ultimately leading to that moment.

If he is just focusing on the suicide forest incident, then he clearly misunderstands or is just trying to appeal to the people who only learned about him because of the suicide video. He has always presented himself like an asshole and youtube never had an issue with it, but now that one incident went too viral youtube got involved and the severity of punishment is equal to what happened to pewdiepie when wall street clipped together his videos showing "anti-semetic" content.

Unless his actual youtube content changes, this is just a PR stunt.
LEAVE LOGAN PAUL ALONE

Nov 2, 2017
I never watched the guy, so is this over produced "Coming to the CW this fall" apology video his normal style? What is with all those hand close ups? Several of you are fine with some monetary donation along with a promise to change, but if his net worth is already in the 10s of millions then this is a societal speeding ticket.

Dude should have gone away to work a hotline or attend meetings for 6 months to actually learn and improve himself. Based on the last bit of the video it seems that he may chronicle this journey of his, which will be Hall of Fame worthy in the category of people who fail up if it is monetized.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Saw the first scenes of this high production video and closed the tab. This is just another video to earn money with. This whole situation will lead to more income for him.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I feel for the kids growing up on Youtube. Back when I was a young, impressionble teen, my Youtube content of choice was mostly Smosh, SxePhil, Egoraptor and Jon Lajoie.

Ten years too early for the millionaire fuckery.