• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Except YouTube is Logan's job + he has millions of fans that want to watch his videos. I can definitely see him feeling obligated to provide his fans what they want to see. I'm sure his fans are really happy that he's back.

The only thing sketch about it is monetizing his video (if true).

So?

If he was on network TV he'd have been cancelled and wouldn't be back on the air in 3 weeks.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now, I understand the notion to put up a video to bring public awareness but if this is just another example of "hey, look at me, look at what I'm doing now. I also donated 1 million dollars" then I still don't have much respect for the guy. If he's sincere then good on him, most deserve a second chance.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, his target audience (preteens, teens) are especially prone to experiencing suicidal ideation, so in the end this video could do some good even if his true intentions are selfish, so there's that.

as someone else pointed out though, some of those camera shots betray his douchiness.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
I feel like you're talking like it's WWE or something but I'm having a hard time elucidating why. I don't understand why you think so little of people that the general public is not capable of having a nuanced opinion, like you think everyone is a sheep who is just so mystified by Logan Paul that they can't make rational decisions because he defies expectations.

I mean, I don't see too many nuanced opinions among the vitriol - that's why I brought it up. It's not about thinking so little of people, it's about human nature to categorize good and evil. You can't honestly not see that we are very much in an era where we are quick to say somebody is bad or good and judge their actions, regardless of their nature, in accordance with our original assessment. It's very much the climate we live in in today's world. I sorta see what you mean about WWE, but things are even more black and white in terms of good and evil (except for the tweeners, who incidentally end up being the most popular and memorable characters because we relate to them more than extremes)'

I'm not jealous of this douchebag and I'm certainly not small minded. I'm pissed that, as someone who struggles with depression, suicidal thoughts and a suicide attempt, he made a mockery of suicide and now he's attempting to use it to gain some fucking brownie points. Also the fact that he hasn't addressed the racism or how his fans have acted.

I'm sorry that he did what he did and that people in your position had to see it (and anyone for that matter). I just hope that some good can come from what he's doing after the fact, regardless of opinion of the source.

Ok

I'd note I'm not going to YouTube telling them to take it down.

I'm saying I don't buy this and I don't believe he;s changed and I'm not going to give him credit for anything right now.

That's fine, and I'm probably in the same boat as you are. I just prefer to see the good that can come of money and awareness, even from a douchebag.

The thing is, you're starting to conflate the hatred towards Logan, to hatred towards his good deeds.

Just because someone does a good deed, does not necessarily mean you have to suddenly be nice to him, or like him.

So what if people don't like him even if he does good? There are always going to be people who won't like him, even if he does change.

I don't get why you can't accept this fact, and have to make it a morality thing, and try to call people out for being small-minded or jealous as if that has anything to do with the main point.

If you believe he's doing good deeds, or can do good deeds, then let it be. People will judge him on his entirety, not just on his singular moment. This discussion reminds me of Mindy St. Clair, lol.

I don't care how people judge him - I personally think he's a piece of shit, self-aggrandizing merchandise machine. But if he's going to give money to a cause that needs it and reach viewers with the message via a signal that most people simply don't have access to, I'm not going to attack that aspect of him or that particular action itself. My contention was with people in this thread literally finding every reason in the world that donating a million dollars to suicide prevention causes was a bad thing.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, you're starting to conflate the hatred towards Logan, to hatred towards his good deeds.

Just because someone does a good deed, does not necessarily mean you have to suddenly be nice to him, or like him.

So what if people don't like him even if he does good? There are always going to be people who won't like him, even if he does change.

I don't get why you can't accept this fact, and have to make it a morality thing, and try to call people out for being small-minded or jealous as if that has anything to do with the main point.

If you believe he's doing good deeds, or can do good deeds, then let it be. People will judge him on his entirety, not just on his singular moment. This discussion reminds me of Mindy St. Clair, lol.
This. So many people in this thread are acting like people are saying the donation is a bad thing, which is just not the case.

$1mil to Suicide charity? That's AWESOME! Do I think Logan is full of shit? ABSOLUTELY.

Last edited:

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This. So many in this thread are acting like Logan is some poor victim and that people see the donation as a bad thing, which is just not the case. $1mil to Suicide charity? That's AWESOME! Do I still think Logan is full of shit? ABSOLUTELY.
It's a strategy right out of the sociopath playbook. Unfortunately this kind of manipulation tends to be very, very effective on people who have never learned how to recognise it (particularly children, his main audience).

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This. So many people in this thread are acting like people are saying the donation is a bad thing, which is just not the case.

$1mil to Suicide charity? That's AWESOME! Do I think Logan is full of shit? ABSOLUTELY.
I still don't see proof that the money he's donated has gone to charities. I don't see confirmation if $250K to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline that he name-drops has gone through or the other charities that he's donating to with the rest of the $750K. It's best to stay sceptical.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
so is this like a voluntary fine?

self-penalty? or did this tow-headed moppet actually learn somethin?

stay tuned, and keep checking youtube for more!!

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
This dude showed a corpse for millions to watch on top of his continued racist remarks.

Nah, nah.

Any tv personality would have been fired and been left in the dust.

1 million is a lot yes, but it isn't much (for him) in the grand scheme of things because he will earn that money back in spades.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
The second part is jealousy, plain and simple. For all of the talk about making the world a better place and doing the good thing, a lot (I stress that "a lot" does not equal all) go no further than talk. Some people have never lifted a single finger other than to type to support the causes they so vehemently defend and attack in the name of. And here comes some asshole YouTuber that screws up and makes an apology video and donation pledge that will de facto do more for their causes than they will ever do or ever could do. It's the recognition they'll never get and the impact they never made, despite them being in from the ground floor, and all by an outsider who probably doesn't even give a shit to this day except for the fact that they got caught.

I mean, I see the point, but it's still sour grapes in the end.
What the fuck dude? Are you actually serious with this post? You think people are jealous of a racist shithole that profits off of being a genuine subhuman?

I have never seen a more wrong post in my life. Jesus.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's entirely possible for a 20 something to do something incredibly stupid, get embarrassed beyond his wildest imagination, and end up changing and growing as a person.

Since I'm an empathetic human being who was also a dumb 20 something at one point in my life I hope this guy is sincere in his change and reflection.

I feel like the hate surrounding this guy and this incident is pretty intense and I have a hard time understanding how it's affecting some of you so much.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's entirely possible for a 20 something to do something incredibly stupid, get embarrassed beyond his wildest imagination, and end up changing and growing as a person.

Since I'm an empathetic human being who was also a dumb 20 something at one point in my life I hope this guy is sincere in his change and reflection.

I feel like the hate surrounding this guy and this incident is pretty intense and I have a hard time understanding how it's affecting some of you so much.

And all the racism?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

He's not just 'dumb', he's a racist dumb, the kind who think his whiteness allows him the privilege of acting like a jackass and idiotic towards others and expect the world to just laugh with him and pat his back.

LOL at you who frame it as 'oh I'm a empathetic human being, unlike you folks who is still mad at him', get out of here with that shit.

DreamMakers

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
User is warned for downplaying serious issues and arguing in bad faith
What the fuck dude? Are you actually serious with this post? You think people are jealous of a racist shithole that profits off of being a genuine subhuman?

I have never seen a more wrong post in my life. Jesus.
People are extremely jealous of him, no need to hide it. His a multi millionaire at 22-23 , he will see more money in his life time then whole generations of families have even grossed.

Edit: wow fucked up and bias moderation, how can i be downplaying a serious issue, am i the one spreading a gif from a suicide prevention video to mock people. WTF

Last edited:

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.

lol.
If you want to ignore the plainly obvious and just make up a fantasy world where this dude hasn't been a complete shit forever, then go ahead.
Nobody is going on that ride with you.

Edit: Apparently some will.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
What the heck is people characterizing those criticizing this kid as 'small minded', 'jealous', 'unempathetic'? You're trying to take a moral high ground for a kid who yells 'for bitches' and acting like insufferable prick at religious shrines and jokes around at a dead body in a restricted place, completely making light of the entire situation?

THAT is the kind of dude you're taking a moral high ground for?

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
I am sure many 20 year olds have done stupid shit, but then there is also showing a dead corpse purple hands and all for millions to watch particularly children for profit. Do you know many twenty year olds, including yourself that did that type of heinous shit? I don't know what kind of stupid stuff you did, but for me "stupid" stuff at 20 was passing out drunk in a patch of blackberry bushes.

You have empathy toward people that profit off of showing dead corpses? That is one hell of a moral fiber, and one I wish I could have!

How about spreading his racist ideologies through his twitter posts and videos for starters with his reach and popularity?

THE DUDE SHOWED A DEAD CORPSE TO CHILDREN.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
People are extremely jealous of him, no need to hide it. His a multi millionaire at 22-23 , he will see more money in his life time then whole generations of families have even grossed.
Who are these people that are jealous of a racist that profits off of dead people, can you provide me any links, interviews, etc?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I'm jealous. I wish I had his money. I will never make that much in my entire life.

That is perfectly fine and a really just part of being a human being. It's just normal to be jealous of other people living a much easier life than you.

Really LOL though at characterizing the backlash he received as being fully motivated by people jealous of him. How about decency?

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who suffers from suicidal ideation the fact that a human being was brought so low that they had nowhere else to turn but suicide m to then have said lowest point filmed, made a mockery of and then paraded on the internet for views pisses me off to no end.

And a self absorbed blatantly insincere "documentary" certainly won't make me change my mind in thinking Logan Paul is a total cunt.

Him giving money is literally the easiest thing he could do. He's probably gained more from this controversy than he's giving away.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
I wish i was a multi-millionaire. Im 26 and not a millionaire so when i see a 23 year old who's banking over $20m a year, i'd envy his wealth.
Ha! Yeah I live in Tokyo and I don't do that kind of behaviour so there's no need for that.

I also wish I could have as much money as Bill Gates, does that make me as good as him?
Let's conveniently skip the whole "the way he earns his money," profiting off of his racist views, videos, and corpse videos.

It's one thing to be jealous about being rich, it's another to be jealous about being rich off the profit of the destruction of others. Get the point or enter the ignore function.

DreamMakers

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Let's conveniently skip the whole "the way he earns his money," profiting off of his racist views, videos, and corpse videos.

It's one thing to be jealous about being rich, it's another to be jealous about being rich off the profit of the destruction of others. Get the point or enter the ignore function.

All his videos show dead bodies and have racist remarks ? How many have it ?

Enter the ignore function ?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wow. You're coming across as really aggressive.

I'm jealous he has a lot of money, that's all I said and you ignored my question so I will repeat it.

If my being jealous of Paul Logan's wealth makes me as bad as him then does being jealous of Bill Gate's wealth make me as good as him?

So you can either answer the question or just go ahead and ignore me and pretend this didn't happen. Also, I never defended Logan or how he makes money at any point. That's how you took my answer.

Sorry, that's on you.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Wow. You're coming across as really aggressive.

I'm jealous he has a lot of money, that's all I said and you ignored my question so I will repeat it.

If my being jealous of Paul Logan's wealth makes me as bad as him then does being jealous of Bill Gate's wealth make me as good as him?

So you can either answer the question or just go ahead and ignore me and pretend this didn't happen. Also, I never defended Logan or how he makes money at any point. That's how you took my answer.

Sorry, that's on you.
Another one bites the dust.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who suffers from suicidal ideation the fact that a human being was brought so low that they had nowhere else to turn but suicide m to then have said lowest point filmed, made a mockery of and then paraded on the internet for views pisses me off to no end.

And a self absorbed blatantly insincere "documentary" certainly won't make me change my mind in thinking Logan Paul is a total cunt.

Him giving money is literally the easiest thing he could do. He's probably gained more from this controversy than he's giving away.
I said something similar earlier in the thread, but nope, apparently we're just jealous.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Cool that he donated that money and talked to that suicide attempt survivor, but somehow, the video still felt like it was more about him than anything...

These slow shots of him watching his face and pondering lol, is this dude serious? Setting up that redemption tour I guess. This guy is still an arrogant prick, I'm sure.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool that he donated that money and talked to that suicide attempt survivor, but somehow, the video still felt like it was more about him than anything...

These slow shots of him watching his face and pondering lol, is this dude serious? Setting up that redemption tour I guess. This guy is still an arrogant prick, I'm sure.

The name itself "Redemption tour" feels almost like he is not taking this situation seriously.

I am probably looking into this too much but it sounds like some big entertainment event rather than a heartfelt documentary.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Did he apologize to the suicide victim family personally?

If not, nah.

If he was black, asian, brown, muslims and making fun of a white guy suicide, there WILL not be a second chance. In fact, the whole group will be blamed for the action of one.

Last edited:

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people in here so vengeful. Why not just accept that he's trying to change and move on. If you didn't like him before, it's not your obligation to start liking him now. However in terms of being a decent human being, you don't have to continue to berate him just because. It serves no purpose other than satisfy your vindictive personality.

Because he's pond scum. Let me guess you're worried about his feelings? Get a grip.

Deleted member 7207

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the heck is people characterizing those criticizing this kid as 'small minded', 'jealous', 'unempathetic'? You're trying to take a moral high ground for a kid who yells 'for bitches' and acting like insufferable prick at religious shrines and jokes around at a dead body in a restricted place, completely making light of the entire situation?

THAT is the kind of dude you're taking a moral high ground for?

Really LOL though at characterizing the backlash he received as being fully motivated by people jealous of him. How about decency?

You may want to go back and reread Creatchee's posts if that's your takeaway. Life is complicated. It's okay to dislike/despise/hate someone while understanding that they are still capable of doing some good. If he's being genuine, great. If he's not, shame on anyone that continues to support him, but at least some good came out of that douchebag's time on Youtube (re: awareness and donations).

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
So whats this guys body of content going to consist of now?

You can't make an informative sorry video with gratuitous puppy dog close ups and then go right back to Krusty the Clown foolishness...

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
You're not being fair dude. Him saying that he's jealous of Logan having lots of money does not necessarily mean he's condoning his behavior.
Like I said, its one thing to be jealous off someone who is rich. Elon Musk is a great example to me personally.

It's another to be jealous off of someone that profits off his (LP) types of views, videos, and media feed. If you are jealous off of people profiting in that matter, thats on the individual for lacking any semblance of moral fiber.

Lastly, to discredit people who don't have any empathy for people like Logan Paul because we are merely jealous of his fortune and fame, is looking at it through some fucked up narrow viewpoint. Money is important, yes, but it's not the be all end all for many people.

Last edited: