• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Ooookkk

https://io9.gizmodo.com/lois-lane-a...live-1822556169/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Titans and Young Justice were already big reasons to look forward to DC's new streaming service. Now, the company is adding a weird new one: Metropolis, a series set in the iconic home of Superman before the Man of Tomorrow actually arrived.

Announced today by DC, Metropolis will follow versions of Lois Lane and Lex Luthor before Clark Kent made himself known as Metropolis' protector. Weirdly enough, they'll be working together, to "investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city's dark and bizarre secrets." So... Gotham, but in Metropolis?

Don't know why this couldn't be Gotham Central but with Metropolis and Superman but you do you.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
This will be the third Superman prequel TV series and they're all titled after locations from the comics.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This will be the third Superman prequel TV series and they're all titled after locations from the comics.
That Krypton show looks like it is gonna be horseshit. I'm ready.

krypton-2.jpg

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
But why? Who asked for this? Who thought this was a good idea?

Then again I thought Gotham was a bad idea but it's now one of my favorite shows so wtf do I know lol

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
They used to date in Superman TAS.

Yeah, the idea of Lois and Lex having at least known each other to some degree - whether through dating or thorns in each other's sides - is somewhat well established.

The curious thing will be the tone of the series, and exactly how much mileage they think they can get out of the 'before Superman' concept. After all, if Superman is thoroughly shown to be unnecessary before his arrival through the combined wit of an ace reporter and a mad scientist/billionaire businessman (if they even take that angle, which given the setup I'm not sure they will) over the span of five years, then why would he be accepted as the city's protector? Well, unless they have 'The Superman' as some enigmatic people of the hero type ala Grant Morrison's take in the New 52.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
That plot is weirdly giving me flashbacks to how Lex was supposedly portrayed in the canned J.J. Abrams Superman movie.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The twist will be that, while he works to solve crimes, Lex Luthor turns out to be a bad guy all along. Who could've seen that coming, right?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a bad thing. It's common story element in some canon that Lois dates Lex for scoops and shared interest in bettering the town, until she sees the corruption in his pursuit of those goals.

So...yeah. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.