• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Dragami Games is a new company spun-off from Kadokawa Games, headed by the previous CEO Yoshimi Yasuda. In addition to Lollipop Chainsaw, the following IPs are now under them:
DEMON GAZE
NATURAL DOCTRINE
GOD WARS
The Lost Child
√Letter
LoveR
Root Film
Relayer
Yasuda just came out with this tweet. Seems Lollipop Chainsaw is being revived in some fashion? I could have sworn there were rumblings of a remaster in the works, if so it's probably that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I will take one copy please, specifically the Special Edition if you have it in-stock.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I just found an unopened lollipop chainsaw blowup chainsaw in my closet the other day. Guess it came with the preorder or something?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
If they don't contact Suda and Gunn for whatever this is, it's gonna be disappointing.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Such a quirky silly game, I hope the remaster rumours are true.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
A remaster would definitely be preferable if they're not going to seek out collaboration with either GHM or James Gunn, but one can hope they manage to keep all the music intact when doing it since the selection added so much to the game.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I remember that vague tweet that hinted at something coming our way. I'm definitely in for a remaster. Although, I imagine some of the licensed music will have to be changed because... that shit always complicates things.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Game needs more than a port. A fully enhanced remaster would be much appreciated. A lot of gameplay elements just kinda drag.

It's one of a handful of games I've completed that's truly style over substance imo.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? Demon Gaze is now owned by someone else? This shouldn't affect the recent re-release's situation, right? I still haven't got it, I hope they won't yank it from eShop due the ownership change.

Also didn't know Suda failed to get the rights to the game after his acquisition by netease.

Wait what? Demon Gaze is now owned by someone else? This shouldn't affect the recent re-release's situation, right? I still haven't got it, I hope they won't yank it from eShop due the ownership change.

Also didn't know Suda failed to get the rights to the game after his acquisition by netease.
I don't think he was ever trying to get the rights, so much as he had wanted to work with Kadokawa to see about re-releasing it. He knows he can't get everything that they ever worked on back.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I finished the game in 4k 60fps on rpcs3. 60fps is transformative for the game. You can even run it at 4K 120fps but that mess up the qte timing.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Unless it's a remaster i'm not sure a lollipop chainsaw-like game without grasshopper will work

edit: wait so the previous CEO of kadokawa games divested the business into a new studio called dragami games and now they own lollipop chainsaw?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
PLEASEEEEEE let the original game to modern consoles as a remaster! I'll even take Xbox BC even though they stopped that program! I'd love a sequel too!

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Oh my god please yes, I've always wanted a "Grindhouse double feature" re-release of this packed in with Killer is Dead. Maybe I won't get that dream, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes, I never got to play this. suda x gunn is a match made in heaven.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
We've heard rumours of this since December, no?

Getting a version of the game on PC would be neat.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
It was so good and you could definitely feel the Gunn and Suda51 in there. I hope it's just a remaster and they keep everything. I don't trust them to do something without those two.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
It would be interesting to see this back on the market for current consoles and PC.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Best Suda51 game by far. Hope this and Shadow of the Damned get a remaster soon and without any cuts to the licensed songs.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
game plays like butts however it has cherry bomb in it and the dialogue is great so who's to say if this is good or bad

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Gunn saying he is not privy to a conversation about it doesn't give me much hope that either he or Suda are involved which is gonna be a major bummer.