• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Father of Jacob Wohl, who Wikipedia describes as "an American far-right conspiracy theorist, fraudster, and internet troll".

Nutjob and father of nutjobs.

Even in their own country where everyone and their mothers can carry a gun, armed civilians don't exactly stop mass casualty events. But yes, other western countries should totally emulate America's lax guns, so that even the criminals can upgrade from using knives to just full scale attacks on civilians with guns. What a joke. America by their logic, should be the safest country on the planet when it comes to preventing these sort of events, and yet it isn't. As you said, nutjobs.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
how Tf you let a terrorist get some kind of monitored release???

Terrorist offenders are mostly people who have not harmed another person. You can be convicted of a TACT offence for a number of reasons, including providing funding for terrorism, trying to radicalise other people etc.

Of he hadnt harmed someone in an act of violence there's only so long he can be kept in prison. The questions will be around what happened in the prison and how he was being managed afterwards through MAPPA and associated processes.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Not sure if posting a front page is allowed, please remove if not, but

EKkppSSWkAA_Ebt

Had been a guest at a Cambridge University conference on prisoner rehabilitation... threatened to blow the Hall which was hosting the conference

tenor.gif

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so the terrorist was apparently released a year ago on license

and apparently one of the people that tackled him was a guy convicted of murder on day release

what a mental story

edit: also there's some footage of the guy being challenged. Someone spraying a fire extinguisher in his face.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Did people see the pictures of the guy with what looked like a stick being involved with the pile on? No biggy, just a dude with a 5ft long narwhal horn.

and apparently one of the people that tackled him was a guy convicted of murder on day release

what a mental story

edit: also there's some footage of the guy being challenged. Someone spraying a fire extinguisher in his face.
It's absolutely terrible what happened, but what bravery. And somehow these new lions of London Bridge end up a story almost as otherworldly as the Fuck you I'm Milwall guy.

Miss Piggy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Amazing bravery from the video of the guys with the fire extinguisher and tusk from a wall(!).

RIP to the victims and others injured.

Nov 1, 2017
Absolutely brave folk to take down the guy like they did, they deserve acclaim and applause for that.

I was a bit puzzled why the police shot the guy when he was restrained at first but the possibility of him having explosives on him makes sense why they had to shoot him. You can't take the chance. Not one.

Last edited:

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
That David Wohl tweet is a real riot. What a moron. If it were America, the guy would have had an automatic rifle and killed 15 people before any of the gOoD GUyS WiTH A GuN even noticed him.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely brave folk to take down the guy like they did, they deserve acclaim and applause for that.

I was a bit puzzled why the police shot the guy when he was restrained at first but the possibility of him having explosives on him makes sense why they had to shoot him. You can't take the chance. Not one.

I this instance, I have no qualms with the police shooting him.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The judge went on to consider the risk that each defendant posed and the extent to which the public required protection. In respect of the Shahjahan, Khan and Hussain, he concluded that the public could only be protected by the imposition of an indeterminate sentence. Their commitment to long term terrorist aims had been different from the others. They had serious long term plans whereby they intended to send Khan, Hussain and other British recruits for training and terrorist experience. Should they return to the UK they would do so trained and experienced in terrorism. They engaged with the others who were contemplating short term attacks in the UK but rightly considered themselves to be more serious jihadis than the others. He had also taken into consideration the relative youth of Khan. In respect of the others, none had shown any long term or strategic perspective and their risk could be controlled by multi agency involvement from the onerous reporting requirements coupled with stringent licence conditions. He accepted that they had been determined upon a high profile and violent terrorist action but outlined the weakness perceived in each of these defendants.

sounds like the original judge who sentenced Usman Khan knew he was a real danger but the court of appeal bought his bullshit story and replaced their indeterminate sentences with fixed terms.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018

what a mental story

I hope he suffered a whole world of pain before he died. Fuck that guy

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Incredible bravery from these three, they absolutely saved some lives. The one with the Whale tusk is Polish as well which will conflict the xenophobes in this country.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think the judicial system should be blamed for this. Criminals can reoffend.

Criminals have to be released sometime and the criminal system can put processes in place to monitor someone but you can't guarantee they won't reoffend.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

Incredible bravery from these three, they absolutely saved some lives. The one with the Whale tusk is Polish as well which will conflict the xenophobes in this country.

Apparently a face was blurred by request of the police in the papers because some of those fighting the terrorist are ex-cons and there was some reintegration/support group nearby.

Second hand information off the internet, but you just know whoever these people are if they have faults or have done problematic things they're best just remaining anonymous and being remembered for bravery/redemption in this one instance.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Apparently a face was blurred by request of the police in the papers because some of those fighting the terrorist are ex-cons and there was some reintegration/support group nearby.

Second hand information off the internet, but you just know whoever these people are if they have faults or have done problematic things they're best just remaining anonymous and being remembered for bravery/redemption in this one instance.

Yep one of the three is a murderer that was on day release, it's an absolutely crazy story

It's on the mirror website if you want to read the story, they name the guy and go into detail about the murder he committed so not going to post it here.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I don't think the judicial system should be blamed for this. Criminals can reoffend.

Criminals have to be released sometime and the criminal system can put processes in place to monitor someone but you can't guarantee they won't reoffend.

Unless terrorists successfully comply with and complete deradicalisation programmes in prison they shouldn't be getting out

This is what happens when you let religious extremists with violent beliefs back out and they haven't been rehabilitated.

Putting an ankle bracelet on someone only does soo much. As I said above if you outright refuse deradicalisation programmes or you don't complete them to a satisfactory standard, you simply shouldn't be getting out.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless terrorists successfully comply with and complete deradicalisation programmes in prison they shouldn't be getting out

This is what happens when you let religious extremists with violent beliefs back out and they haven't been rehabilitated.

Putting an ankle bracelet on someone only does soo much. As I said above if you outright refuse deradicalisation programmes or you don't complete them to a satisfactory standard, you simply shouldn't be getting out.

The biggest issue with this is our criminal system isn't about rehabilitation. Rehabilitation costs money and would require a huge change in what the judicial and criminal system wants to achieve?

Prisons are underfunded and I would guess do not have the resources to implement the kind of rehabilitation system to get the best chance possible of deradicalisation for terrorists or simply rehab for other criminals.

Oct 28, 2017
Beerse, Belgium

This.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
The biggest issue with this is our criminal system isn't about rehabilitation. Rehabilitation costs money and would require a huge change in what the judicial and criminal system wants to achieve?

Prisons are underfunded and I would guess do not have the resources to implement the kind of rehabilitation system to get the best chance possible of deradicalisation for terrorists or simply rehab for other criminals.

A line has to be drawn on religious terrorism. We know religious beliefs are some of the closet held beliefs human beings have, so if you want to run a risk analysis on who is most likely to offend when back in the public, violent religious extremists are probably off the charts.

So as I said if they don't complete the necessary programmes, as many are outright refusing to even attend, they shouldn't be getting out.

A lot of violent crime can be fuelled by poverty and poor education. Things that have many ways to resolve or try and support offenders around in public. Or maybe it's substance abuse or mental health problems. Again, tough things to tackle but you can find multiple ways to try and stop reoffending.

Religious beliefs or beliefs that are tied up in religion are a whole different beast. Especially if they inspire violence as a means for the believer to feel as if they are carrying out a mission for a higher purpose. The red line should simply be not letting high risk prisoners like this out unless they comply with deradicalisation programmes.

Of course, how do you tell Ken Ham evolution is real and get him to believe it? I don't envy those trying to get violent religious extremists to stop thinking they need to kill or attack heretics. But if we can't be certain to a 99.9% degree these prisoners won't engage in terrorist behaviour again they shouldn't be released into the public again.

Two random people have been killed because police/the government thought an ankle bracelet would be enough.

Last edited:

Azraes

Oct 28, 2017
London
Decided to head back home and continue working as all of this unfolded. London Bridge again were my first thoughts on the tube. Southwark is a such a shit borough in ways.

We've needed prison reform for a while now given the fact that rehabilitation was never given enough priority, we do have jails that are over occupancy which means if someone constructs a good defense over a flimsy precedent there are people willing to let them go. There are several points here that bear analysis but they are mostly seen as the problem for 'the next government' to figure out for a while now.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Not all heroes wear capes, but some wield narwhal tusks. Knight that man.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Shit like this will never disrupt Londoners. We were moaning about trains most of yesterday evening. I've already forgotten this fuck's name.