• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
UPDATE:

Rejoice, for it is found

PbZS8j.jpg

Ninja Theory slides:

DDH7RSIXoAA-JY2.jpg
tumblr_mkhngf1qbd1qjgoy5o4_640.jpg

ORIGINAL POST:
Back on the old site in a thread about DMC, DmC, and/or Bayonetta, someone asked what those infamous, lame, and homophobic slides from that Ninja Theory presentation for their design ethos behind DmC's Dante (someone else can post them) would be like if they were made for a theoretical NT-made Bayonetta game.

It had images that had "Bayonetta is NOT ..." above a picture of The Bride from Kill Bill, then it had "Bayonetta IS ..." above a picture of Amy Winehouse in rougher times.

I've looked and can't find these images, but they were perfect. Feel free to use this thread for other elusive internet video game imagery

Last edited:

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that you're asking people to find and post the Bayonetta is... slides for you, but you refuse to post the Dante is... slides so that others don't have to go find what the fuck you're talking about themselves. Nice

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I will always straight up defend DmC's creative choices, regardless of the weird-ass pitch that Ninja Theory decides made sense to give.

The end result was awesome, but the in-between was kind of awkward.

And we're getting a legitimate Devil May Cry V. I'm eating cake.

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
DDH7RSIXoAA-JY2.jpg
tumblr_mkhngf1qbd1qjgoy5o4_640.jpg

You talking about these dante ones?
Yup! Das it

Amazing that you're asking people to find and post the Bayonetta is... slides for you, but you refuse to post the Dante is... slides so that others don't have to go find what the fuck you're talking about themselves. Nice
"Refuse" ... so dramatic 🤭 I just didn't do it.

Besides, seriously doubt anyone who isn't already familiar would be able to find it considering I tried and couldn't , and that description is enough to go one for those in the know. You won't be able to find it since you don't know, and I wouldn't expect much from you

I'm a bit surprised ERA can't find it—usually this place is good about that kind of stuff.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I was about to google the original ones...until realising these actually were

Wowwwwww D:

You realize why alot of the OG fanbase turned on that game? We got blindsided by that shit man. I mean all we said they shouldn't have the MC look so damn anorexic like he was in the reveal and they got super offended and decided to burn that whole bridge down.

Nov 23, 2017

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Love Bayonetta but she was a bit ruined in 2 hope she comes back in 3 sassier than ever (nothing wrong with an enemy defeating her but the way it was handled in 2 basically was every fight, and then some to make room for Loki including the last boss , also something wrong with the way she reacted it could have helped a bit if loki wasn't so annoying)

And that picture is weird, doesn't fit :^S

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
This is painfully unfunny.

yeah can we not use serious eating disorders/sicknesses as random insults please.

No it wasn't an insult. The OG reveal had dante so fucking bony and skinny we damn near everyone thought he was anorexic. Like he wasn't normal skinny we could see all his bones under his skin, it was not a good look at all and fans called them out on why they made him look that way when we knew they weren't going to do anything with it because its a DMC game, we can get some deep moments in the games but we aint gonna talk about why Dante has an eating disorder. I mean we barely touch on Dante being a sad motherfucker who has boughts of Depression( Anime and DMC 2 are depressed Dante)

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Never let people forget Ninja Theory's embarrassing homophobic slide from that conference and the games press ignoring it:

OPGYEdn.jpg