• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
5771043-6903759352-night.jpg

My wife and I are going to NYC with our two-year-old son this weekend to visit family, but we will only be in the city for one of those days. We'll be hanging out near the southern end of Central Park and then hitting up the Nintendo Store near Rockafeller Center after that in the morning. We always like sampling unique coffee shops when we travel to big cities, so I thought I'd throw the question out there to get some personal recommendations from ERA.

I don't care so much about the ambiance as I do the coffee. I'm no snob, but I like quality coffee and I love when a place offers some unique coffee concoctions that you can't normally find elsewhere. Most recently Jo's Coffee in Austin, TX really impressed me.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, you're going to find mostly commercial options in that area. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

However, if your looking for really amazing coffee I'd suggest Bunni in Washington Heights on 181st street. Nowhere near Central Park but very much near the cloisters and fort tryin park. Both of which are off the beaten path and BEAUTIFUL.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i used to drink coffee every day

now im on monster rehabs

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
there's blue bottle coffee at Rockefeller center but I wouldn't say they are unique. they are a west coast chain.
there is also ninth street espresso 109 east 56th street and I'm not a coffee guy but I liked it.

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
Probably not the place to find unique anything. Go down to the LES or Chinatown for unique coffee options.

mattneil8

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
As stated, there are mostly chains in the area but I like Blue Bottle and La Colombe the best. Bluestone lane is pretty good too. My coworkers really like Zibetto but I find it overrated. Also Ground Central is cool but they may be a bit far, one on 8th and one between park and 3rd.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's blue bottle coffee at Rockefeller center but I wouldn't say they are unique. they are a west coast chain.
there is also ninth street espresso 109 east 56th street and I'm not a coffee guy but I liked it.
As stated, there are mostly chains in the area but I like Blue Bottle and La Colombe the best. Bluestone lane is pretty good too. My coworkers really like Zibetto but I find it overrated. Also Ground Central is cool but they may be a bit far, one on 8th and one between park and 3rd.
Blue bottle in Rockefeller
Owned by Nestlé.