• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Good morning Era. As usual for a Sunday, I am worrying about things that I don't plan to do for months, so I figured you could help me out.

I'm looking to purchase a 60+ inch 4K HDR TV around June. Some quick research states that new TV models come out in the spring, so is that the best time to buy the current models?

For example, this TV (just a random example) looks good and is in my budget. Will it still be available in June in stores at a lower price or will it be replaced by something new and possibly more expensive?

I've never purchased a TV, so excuse my ignorance. I plan to use this TV with an Apple TV and some light single player gaming, so the "smart" OS it comes with doesn't matter. Thanks for any help.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to wait for Black Friday. Any holiday sale is good. Given you're wanting to pick one up around June, perhaps consider a Memorial Day sale or July 4th sale if you're in the US.

I can't speak to the seasonality part of your question though.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Screen-Shot-2018-04-06-at-11.40.08-AM.png

most tvs follow this pattern. I think last year's models are discontinued when new models hit the market. You probably won't be able to buy a new X900F this June.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Also check out Wirecutter and rtings for reviews and suggestions. Rtings can feel impenetrable but is a great resource for finding a great tv for your needs in your budget.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Used to be a Sony TV rep for a few years. You're pretty close on this one. New models start to hit April-June. So consider buying March-May. 900F is one of the best Non-OLED TVs. In your budget, probably the right choice. My guess is it'll end around $1299-1399. Sometimes the waiting game means you'll miss out though, so check in with stores on inventory and price often. Once you buy, stores can still price match within the return policy so buy on a Sunday and be a smart consumer and check Amazon and other local brick and mortar stores to recoup some money on the back end.