• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I have no idea what that says because the image link doesn't lead where it's supposed to.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Pretty sure it's the racing game, which they've said we'll see not too long from now earlier this week.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Joke: it's just the racing game they already teased

Woke: Sonic Mania 2 baybee

Bespoke: oh my god Sonic Team finally got their shit together and they're making the perfect 3D Sonic game which they're gonna announce at E3!!

Last edited:

NantenJex

Oct 25, 2017
They're announcing a new game? If only there was some kind of upcoming event where they could get a lot of attention by announcing a game and potentially have demos on some kind of show floor? But I doubt that's likely, I haven't heard of anything of the sort. /s

(sorry couldn't help myself :P)

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps I'm missing something? Releasing the next animated short sonic mania adventures 3 doesn't scream new game to me?
This is just a GDPR privacy thing no?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't even notice that in the original tweet. Aaron Webber is so on-point it's scary.

Probably just Sonic Racing though. Hasn't been "officially revealed" yet (though we all know what it is, lol).

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case people can't read what it says:
As part of our ongoing efforts to prepare for our new game announcement, as well as release Sonic Mania Adventures Part 3 this month

They teased a Sonic racing game a while ago, so looks like that'll be announced before/during E3.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna bet is gonna be the new set of nintendo [timed] exclusives as per his toll to stay in smash.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps I'm missing something? Releasing the next animated short sonic mania adventures 3 doesn't scream new game to me?
This is just a GDPR privacy thing no?
It's Sonic social account stuff, and not even very overt one at that. Read very carefully, text mentions a game announcement straight.

That said, yeah, it's the racing game. Staying cautiously pessimistic for now.

Deleted member 26684

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's likely the racing game. I really hope they work out a way to start doing the Mario & Sonic games again. The Switch could really use something like that.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I don't understand why they string their announcements along for so long. It's a totally terrible way to announce anything and they've been doing it with Sonic for years now and they don't seem to have learned a darn thing.

"What if we don't show anything of the Racing game we semi-announced for another quarter of a year?!"

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Who am I supposed to main in the next racing game now that AiAi and MeeMee are not an option? :(

Oct 25, 2017
Who am I supposed to main in the next racing game now that AiAi and MeeMee are not an option? :(

Shadowth_shadow_moto.png

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yep the new racing game.
I doubt Sonic Team will show anything for a while and we know SEGA isnt making Sonic Mania 2.

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Probably the racing game since they didn't actually show any conclusive info so far. They didn't even revealed the name of the game.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
The racing game by sumo is going to be better than any 3d sonic thing, so im super excited. Oh my god, what if it used the character designs from mania. Please reboot sonic like that, throw xenomorph sonic into the garbage.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
The racing game by sumo is going to be better than any 3d sonic thing, so im super excited. Oh my god, what if it used the character designs from mania. Please reboot sonic like that, throw xenomorph sonic into the garbage.
Nah old Sonic is outdated and poorly designed. DremCast Sonic was the best. Modern Sonic is ugly.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Aaron/RubyEclipse (who's behind the Sonic Twitter account) also said this in the last Sonic stream:

A lot of you have been waiting for news and information, and you're very curious about what that title was that we teased back at South by Southwest, and at least in the near future, you might be hearing some more news and information about that. So hey, that's coming up. Get ready. It's on the horizon.

So yeah, 99.9% this is the reveal of the new Sonic racing game from Sumo Digital. Doubt anything Mania related is coming given Plus isn't in stores yet. It's the racing game.

T-Min

May 23, 2018
Tennessee
I'll never understand the hate for Shadow. His game was utter dogshit, but I'll always love his character.
"Ow the edge" jokes aside, I still have a soft spot for the character too. I really like his characterization in Adventure 2, in any case.

I'm actually looking forward to the new racing game. Sonic R is a major guilty pleasure for me, and another game like that sounds fun as hell. All my love is going to Mania Plus, though.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
An all Sonic racing game could be cool, if it is a true Sonic R followup and not a kart game reskinned.

Most characters on foot, different character abilities, etc.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss the Sega IPs but it's Sumo Digital, so it's gonna be great regardless!