• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
Online on PS3 didn't work in the UK. If you tried to connect to players from the US it would crash. I sent emails to Terminal Reality etc and never heard anything. Frustrating as I played one match and loved the co op gameplay.

oh so that's why,i just thought it died really quickly,the online trophy's were all i needed for the plat but couldn't get a game at all when i tried.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
The game was pretty damn good with some solid mechanics and Easter eggs for long time fans.

I wonder if they'll balance out some of the later levels since I recall some parts being a bit frustrating.

DO IT!!!!

GhostbustersGespensterEinfangen.gif

I was so addicted to this game as a kid. The end stair climb was bullshit though.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So who's gonna release it? Atari has been non existant this gen?

The date would likely be close to the same date 10 years ago right?

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah same here, my brother and I bought it at launch and neither of us got it to work.

so it didn't work from launch?

i bought it at launch,completed it and went onto another game or two then came back and played it through again for the single player trophy's.

i had to play most of it a third time because i managed to miss the "do $X damage in the architects office" trophy,so by the time i got around to trying online it was probably 6 months after launch.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Oh damn, this was a great Ghostbusters game (played the PS3 version way back when)

I'll be picking this up, be interesting to see who handles the remaster.

Nov 2, 2017
Someone on Youtube did an edit of the game to kind of turn it into a movie. I've played the game all the way through, and I liked how he handle editing the story with the gameplay parts.
Need to check that out.

Don't forget the Wii version differs from the X360/PS3 versions. Aside from the motion controls it has more cartoony graphics. Now that I think of it, a VR remaster of the Wii version would be pretty cool.
I played the Wii version on the PS2 (cartoony graphics w/out waggle). Haven't completed it but got far. A little buggy but great fun.

As others have said, this really is the closest we will get to a GB3 with original group (outside of cast, Ramis and Aykroyd are the GB writers).

Nov 18, 2017
It was a solid game.

If they added some QoL improvements, character customisation and sorted the co-op online it could be great.

Day one anyway.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'd be down for that. I loved it, and wouldn't mind revisiting it on my current console.

The only thing is that I wish I could have created my Ghostbuster. Since the player character doesn't talk, and is always referred to as a rookie, I'd have loved to have been able to customize myself as a GB.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, since the 4k Steelbook comes in June for the 35th anniversary.

1. Please make it physical!
2. If they're redoing the MP, please exclude the trophies/achievements. I missed out on the plat because of the goofy-ass MP with its glitches. Otherwise, I'd be good with a PC port.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's not based on the PS3 version since that was sub HD and had less effects.

I think I have this on my steam account anyway. Would rebuy if it was on PS4. It's basically Ghostbusters 3.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Had a blast playing through this on the 360 - would be great if it came back.

I just had a thought though.. how awesome would a VR Ghostbusters game be?

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok but from what I see they show CG scenes, so is this going to be the PC version in high details aka "remaster" or is this going to have some effort.

I really hope they do a good effort and make a PC version, and fix all the bugs because this is one of the few games I've finished multiple times and never get bored playing.

Nov 18, 2017
So just an upres? Need screenshots.

Will still buy but I hope they'd detail more visual upgrades and confirm it bundles all extra content.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer only mentions "remastered in high resolution" so I wouldn't expect much more than that.