• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently, Taiwanese game rating site has listed Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered for Xbox One. I think the remastered version hasn't been officially announced while I'm searching on internet to get any related information.

PQFdEVR.jpg

mvzktay.jpg

There was actually a Ghostbusters site(I think it's a fan site?) trolling that↓
(APRIL FOOLS' DAY) GHOSTBUSTERS: THE VIDEO GAME GETTING REMASTERED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE PS4!

So... it will be interesting to see if they eventually announce the Remastered version for Xbox One in the near future.

Source (*Updated)

Last edited:

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
I never got to try it but I think people liked it when it came out, right?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but a carefully done remaster of this could be amazing, given some of the limitations of the engine.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Interesting, this doesn't appear to be an Xbox BC. This game is pretty nice so it's good that more people can experience it again.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
A remaster I actually want! I have it on 360, but the performance is...not great. I might bite on this one.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
lets hope they fix the game this time, got so annoyed that i lost my save a good chunk of my way into the game and then started it again only to lose that save again

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I never got to try it but I think people liked it when it came out, right?
It's no masterpiece, but the actual busting feels great and the original script and voices add a lot. Without those you'd have a semi-decnt action game, but the authenticity elevates it to a must-play for Ghostbusters fans. I consider it to be Ghostbusters 3.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
195E3E26A726A1E97037E9EFAF8506B90C2D2473

So i should stop playing this right now then... Playing this it baffled my mind why they couldn't just add create a character feature, rather than having use play a mute generic guy.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely loved this game when it came out. I haven't been able to complete a playthrough since then, as I always get distracted by something else.

I should play this again, though.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Might end up double dipping then since I have the original on Steam. One of the more underrated licensed games around and just the best Ghostbuster game in general.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
This is great news that game was amazing as a Ghostbusters fan.

Real talk though. The multiplayer, and multiplayer trophies might need to not be included. As they were glitched badly.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Huh, interesting. Apparently the game was pretty sweet so I'd be willing to check this out.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I own the original digitally for 360/Xbone BC and I'd buy a remaster on day 1. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and this game was great.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I remember this was one of the badly bodged PS3 ports from the dark days. Be interesting to see it uplifted. However, how much of it will look sorely dated thanks to the basic design of games from the early days of the last gen.

Apr 8, 2018
I'm guessing this is to coincide with the 35th anniversary of the original movie happening this year.

The game is pretty good though and I'd be down to play a remastered version. It's the closest you'll get to a "Ghostbusters 3" with the OG cast of Ghostbusters.

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Youtube did an edit of the game to kind of turn it into a movie. I've played the game all the way through, and I liked how he handle editing the story with the gameplay parts.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I remember this was one of the badly bodged PS3 ports from the dark days. Be interesting to see it uplifted. However, how much of it will look sorely dated thanks to the basic design of games from the early days of the last gen.
Yeah I distinctly remember the comparisons between the PS3 and 360 versions and the PS3 version came out looking real, real bad.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Don't forget the Wii version differs from the X360/PS3 versions. Aside from the motion controls it has more cartoony graphics. Now that I think of it, a VR remaster of the Wii version would be pretty cool.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Remember Activision tanking the game because it wasn't Call of Duty or Guitar Hero? Those were the days.

Bring on the remaster!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That's great to see. The game is a lot of fun and a new remaster would be nice before the new film is out.
Makes me wonder if it's still canon.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Good news. I heard the PC version is a dumbsterfire so this is very welcomed.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It was published by Atari.
It was originally set to be published by Vivendi until the Activision merger where it was dropped because it wasn't a franchise they could annualize.

I remember. I still have the original promo box they gave to retailers that came with an Ecto-1 license plate, a crappy shirt, and some other shit with the Sierra logo on the side.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I remember hearing about a remaster before. Maybe it was an April Fool's Day joke. Maybe not.

Either way, that's good news. It was a pretty decent game that I wouldn't mind playing again.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Shit yeah, always wanted to grab this on PS3 but heard the online was dead and performance was really bad. This would fix both of those, I assume

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's backwards compatible on Xbox One already. It's only $14.99 on the store in Canada.

And due to the upgrades with BC it runs perfectly and has better AF and such.

Oct 30, 2017
Shit yeah, always wanted to grab this on PS3 but heard the online was dead and performance was really bad. This would fix both of those, I assume

Online on PS3 didn't work in the UK. If you tried to connect to players from the US it would crash. I sent emails to Terminal Reality etc and never heard anything. Frustrating as I played one match and loved the co op gameplay.