• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This shit is actually a nice change of pace and pretty clever lol, I also enjoy the bite-sized nature of it, gives you something to look forward to every Friday.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
First actual hollywood celebrity that becomes a Youtuber that I actually enjoy. Hope he never does actual gaming and just keeps teasing it on every video till the end of times lol

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i lost my shit when i clicked on this weeks and the premise was going to the dentist. i could watch jack black slice of life vlogs with vague gaming content from now till the end of time

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's because so many celebrities keep turning out to be shit heads but this is the warmest thing. It's Jack black being the coolest dad, like this is so humble

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
I chuckled when he called his son BRO, then points out he should stop calling his son, bro immediately afterwords.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Pretty funny his kids keep telling him to stop filming when this is partly their idea lol
Also impressed with the editing. Isn't one of his kids doing it all? I'm happy it isn't the typical Youtube-style of constant hyper jump cuts where there is never a pause in dialogue so you get a chance to actually breathe.

Also I know this is out of the scale of these style of videos, but I'd love a Brutal Legend Jack Black commentary playthrough.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Pretty funny his kids keep telling him to stop filming when this is partly their idea lol
Also impressed with the editing. Isn't one of his kids doing it all? I'm happy it isn't the typical Youtube-style of constant hyper jump cuts where there is never a pause in dialogue so you get a chance to actually breathe.

Also I know this is out of the scale of these style of videos, but I'd love a Brutal Legend Jack Black commentary playthrough.
He credits 2 guys under the video that did the editing.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How hard is it to set up an elgato and hdmi?

I'm asking rhetorically because I have one and it's really easy. I bet he's trying to play shit with a 480p signal (and under) over hdmi.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I hope so, This video was much more entertaining than watching him play Fortnite

It was funny, and watching him playing Fortnite isn't ideal either. But if the idea is irreverent gaming spoofs, it's gonna get old once the ironic carrot on a stick punchline gets old. At least they're mercifully short.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually happy if he continues doing these videos and never playing actual games. It's actually refreshing having videos like these. Having 2-6 minute weekly bite sized videos is cool and they are entertaining.

Last edited:

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It was funny, and watching him playing Fortnite isn't ideal either. But if the idea is irreverent gaming spoofs, it's gonna get old once the ironic carrot on a stick punchline gets old. At least they're mercifully short.

Yeah true, I think most people have figured out he's trolling about the gaming thing by now. Hope he continues to post irreverent content even if he drops the gaming joke

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Hmmmm, I'm not sure I get this. Is he constantly saying bro to be purposely annoying, or as a parody of streamers, or is that just him?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I wanted out of this. Jack Black makin me look casual playing 90 year old games.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he's trolling about gaming. I just think the troll is on modern gaming videos themselves. He clearly enjoys old gaming with his Vectrex CIB.