• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Thought this was interesting to see with the game being so heavily centered with Playstation when the Activision deal was in play. Doubt it means anything more than marketing but I think we could see the new expansion and next gen Destiny at the MS conference now.

Ads before 6/23 didn't feature Xbox: https://ads.twitter.com/transparency/DestinyTheGame

HfQsjW2.png

We've come so far.
xbox-destiny-hed-2014.jpg

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Huh. Well, as I've been on the other side of the exclusivity deals as an Xbox Destiny Player, I hope this is as far as it goes and they don't slip back into those deals, although I guess they can't with crossplay promised later.

ViviFF9

Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Kind of late to sign a marketing deal for Destiny 2 don't you think? If true I don't really see the use,the game was released years ago.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Destiny is a very reasonable game for Xbox to promote considering Bungie's ties to Xbox but also, as someone pointed out, Phil Spencer's obsession with the game :P

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Kind of late to sign a marketing deal for Destiny 2 don't you think? If true I don't really see the use,the game was released years ago.
Nah new expansion in September.

As long as it's just marketing and not the bullshit sony deal with 1 year long weapon/armor/strike exclusivity

Community doesn't need that bullshit again.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I thought Bungie explicitly stated they were no longer doing any kind of marketing deals with any platform holders, no?
No more exclusivity deals. Different thing
They know the community is lopsided due to the marketing with Sony the first time and frankly Sony needed the marketing because they never had a bungie game before. But now the community is established there and there is no harm in Microsoft having marketing rights / maybe package in a box, maybe give money for a commercial.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Destiny is an on going online experience so it makes sense to have marketing deals at anytime.
Absolutely, another good reason to continue promoting it. I should probably give the game a shot myself.

Also makes me curious if Halo goes a similar route as Destiny in terms of games as a service, but that's for another thread!

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they won't waste time on Destiny in their July show.
They probably won't have exclusivity in any form (which is a good thing), so chances should be good that it won't be there imo.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I just hope they won't waste time on Destiny in their July show.
They probably won't have exclusivity in any form (which is a good thing), so chances should be good that it won't be there imo.
I hope they spend plenty of time showing it after 5 years of Sony marketing that made it look like it was only available on their console. Plus a bungie + Microsoft moment would be nice.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As a Playstation guy and a Destiny-simp, I am glad the franchise has the backing of someone with Phil's pull and resources.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Companies say many things that can contradict what they said previously. See Insomniac and wanting to remain independent for example.
To be fair, insomniac said that like 9 years ago before they got acquired iirc. Anyways, bungie changing marketing partners doesn't necessarily mean they will do the type of timed exclusivity they did with Playstation.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
The fake perfume is probably the most hilarious thing to come out of this gen.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
If they have marketing rights now, it's probably nothing more than that. There's been no hint of Xbox exclusive content like they did with PS4 for D1 and the beginning of D2. The preorder/deluxe bonuses for Beyond Light (No Time To Explain pulse rifle, ghost shell, etc.) are for all platforms.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Companies say many things that can contradict what they said previously. See Insomniac and wanting to remain independent for example.
No more exclusivity deals. Different thing
They know the community is lopsided due to the marketing with Sony the first time and frankly Sony needed the marketing because they never had a bungie game before. But now the community is established there and there is no harm in Microsoft having marketing rights / maybe package in a box, maybe give money for a commercial.

Being an indie dev is tough.

They should have just sold Destiny off to Activision and rejoined MS Studios to be their top dog with their new IP.

Last edited:

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It could be that this is just so both xbox and ps can run their own versions of this new dlc ad on their channels and u caught the xbox one ?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Seems like a decent bet, benefits both parties.
Exactly! see some nice next-gen footage.

But then again, isnt this engine hard to do work in? I forget ... Can they really do any graphical upgrades? That would probably be the only thing enhanced. Maybe an inclusion of RT? Since this is a game that will also be updated on current gen machines too.