• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm making this thread because there's one certain spoiler that may have been revealed in the trailer that I'm sure some people here won't be happy about so I figured let's rip the bandage off early.

Some people have noticed that in one of the anime cutscenes you can just barely see the leg of Akechi's Black Mask outfit.

Someone on reddit got a good shot and compared it to the other thieves pants to show it's him.
x3ydqf2bnau21.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/comments/bh1cuv/pancake_redemption/

Given what happens in the original game when this form is revealed it's looking like Akechi makes it off the boat with the thieves.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get the love he gets from Japan or the hate he gets here in the west. I am completely in the middle on this guy so sure, if it's interesting I'm okay with it.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh snap. I thought that was Queen's leg at first. So... he's in that state, which means they save him after their fight?

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
If they're also retconning him killing Futaba's mom I'm okay with that.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lmao that kid killed at least twenty people get him in juvie

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

Okay, now that I have that out of my system: I guess we all saw this coming. It's honestly one of the things that makes me hesitate regarding Royal.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This + human Morgana and the new girl's phantom design are cementing Royal as "Persona 5 But Significantly Worse" for me. Ew.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If this is at the end of Shido's Palace... then why would they be in the Mona-van? They had to escape via life boat, if I recall correctly. Perhaps this is some time after that? I can't imagine him using this form again if he's reconciled with the Thieves so I can't make sense of when this might be. Hmm.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Douchebag should be in jail or a psych ward.
I still do not see why people liked him.

same here. the guy literally has killed people...innocent people(some)...to literally just get back at daddy. yeah, i am completely understanding of where he is coming from, but the fact he did everything he did, i have no idea why anyone wants to see more of this guy. of course he had a change of heart...he got his butt whooped by the phantom thieves and decided "welp, guess i might as well do something good with my life before i 'die' "...even then, he was still getting back at his dad by doing this because he discovered his dad always planned to have him killed anyway.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I still do not see why people liked him.

I don't dislike the character like a lot of people here but:

-the game makes it far too obvious that he's the killer

-his explanation for why he became a deranged mass murderer is completely insufficient

The first point doesn't matter so much and may not be completely unintentional but I hope they at least address the second one

Also raises the point of what element Kasumi will cover if Akechi is in as well, unless she's going to be another wild card

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
^ i actually hope they double down and make him MORE psychotic, and eliminate any weird, halfway "redemptive" characteristics or traits that were half-assedly pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey'd on him.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
They have more sympathy for Goro Akechi than LGBT characters lol, fuck off Atlus.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can OP either be banned or this thread closed for referencing reddit?
I'm sorry? That's where I found the picture. Don't know why that's ban worthy it was from the Persona 5 sub reddit.
If this is at the end of Shido's Palace... then why would they be in the Mona-van? They had to escape via life boat, if I recall correctly. Perhaps this is some time after that? I can't imagine him using this form again if he's reconciled with the Thieves so I can't make sense of when this might be. Hmm.
It is technically his true Metaverse form. Plus his confidant maxes out on the boat so from a gameplay perspective Loki could basically function as his Ultimate Persona.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't dislike the character like a lot of people here but:

-the game makes it far too obvious that he's the killer

-his explanation for why he became a deranged mass murderer is completely insufficient

The first point doesn't matter so much and may not be completely unintentional but I hope they at least address the second one

Also raises the point of what element Kasumi will cover if Akechi is in as well, unless she's going to be another wild card
Literally the first time he's shown talking in a crowd of people I said "You're evil, aren't you?" out loud.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
His "role" and ending I felt were the weakest parts of the story to begin with, so if they fix it, I'm ok with it.

Even if they retcon Futaba's mom though, he like still kills people in the damn game as it is(including Haru's dad). THAT'S where I want to see what they do with this.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they ditch trying to make it a "twist" and just actually develop his character and motivations. Because the reason he's so underbaked is in large part because they had to pretend that literally anybody couldn't tell he was the killer from the moment he pops up.

Just make him a bad guy from jump so we can develop that (the PT crew don't need to know, but we, the audience, need far more interaction with him).

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
He is such an interesting character and he deserves to be fleshed out more.

Plus having two more phantom thieves throughout the game will be a blast.