• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

Jack of All Controllers - Gaming. All jacked up!

Gaming. All jacked up!

Remedy Entertainment was visited by Sony Interactive Entertainment's Head of Indies Shuhei Yoshida in the past, and XDEV Europe, the external development branch for PlayStation in Europe has Retweeted the Tweet Yoshida-san posted. This is a lot of reaching until XDEV did that Retweet for Remedy Entertainment, but wait, it just got deeper.

Alexis Guariguta, a brand new Lead Producer at Remedy Entertainment put "XDEV + CoDev" in his job title which signals the rumors of the pair working together are likely very true.

We could potentially see their first title together on PS5, or even PS4! We'll have to just wait and see.

img_4869.jpg

Looks like Remedy is either supporting or creating a new IP with Sony. Y'all think something will come of this by Q4? Or am I being optimistic. (I mean a announcement not a release)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Komo

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
you are being optimistic lmao. remedy will not have a new ip for ps5 at launch
Oh no not ready to release, but I mean just to announce a new IP. I already felt like Sony did that a bunch this gen so wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
''RUMOR'' followed by ''Confirmation'' sure is a funny way to phrase a title lol. Also, we got to differentiate rumor from speculation.

On topic, it could be, but the term xdev isnt just for the SIE studio, its also a common way to talk about external development. Seeing how its right next to CoDev (co-development) I think that's what they meant

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is becoming an open secret by now

Everyone in the first party thread either thinks they are getting acquired or partnering with SIE on a new project

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
This is becoming an open secret by now

Everyone in the first party thread either thinks they are getting acquired or partnering with SIE on a new project
Based on what? Yoshida visiting is the only thing I have seen. Pretty sure Phil has visited after Quantum Break too.

Status
Not open for further replies.