Looks like Smash Ultimate will have DLC for Mii Costumes ($0.75 each)

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I will absolutely pay to dress up my Miss as a character I wanted to have in the game just so I can get my heart broken.

*throws wallet at Switch*

Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
This is all well and good but forget the Mii Fighters for at least a little while Sakurai.

Give me costumes for the rest of the roster! Dry/Cat Bowser! Light/Fusion Suit Samus! Funky Kong! Something!

Nov 2, 2017
Hmm. They already included a Lip costume in the base game, which is probably the only one I would've paid for. $0.75 is pretty cheap, but I never play as the Miis.

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt I'll be getting this, Miis look bad in Ultimate. The bodies are weird, and I can't get any face that looks alright ingame. They were better in 4 imo

Oct 27, 2017
Important to note that this has been on their support page for a long time and there's been no mention of it since.

Also, don't forget about all the 3rd party (and a few non-3rd party) costumes that were in 4 but not in Ultimate.

Dec 28, 2017
I don't play as Mii but it's fine we've actually know about this for a minute.

I really, really want alt costumes and echo fighters though. Way more than Miis

Oct 29, 2017
I've played Mii fighter more this game than I ever did on 3DS or WiiU, but man, it just hurts more than helps to have to futz around with the very limited moves to try and make Isaac, Ribbon Girl/Spring Man, Ray MK III, and others.

I mean, Ray MK III is probably as close to a char as we'll get, but the ARMS characters are forced to have a lot of kicking moves. Isaac just feels sad, but has the tornado B to Link Up B kill combo, so at least is viable...

Oct 26, 2017
Important to note that this has been on their support page for a long time and there's been no mention of it since.

Also, don't forget about all the 3rd party (and a few non-3rd party) costumes that were in 4 but not in Ultimate.
I can't forget about something I didn't know. What is this?

Sep 18, 2018
Come on DLC Echoes...

At least with Mii playable online these could see greater use. They'd also likely show up in special Spirit Battles later on.

Dec 28, 2017
I can't forget about something I didn't know. What is this?
There were several 3rd party Mii costumes that were DLC in Smash 4. Stuff like X, Zero, Geno, Lloyd Irving, Monster Hunter, etc.

None of them made the cut in Ultimate. Who knows why, maybe they cost money to license and Nintendo wasn't willing to pay that for the base game. That's just a theory though

Oct 28, 2017
I'd much rather be able to buy these skins for the actual characters. Having Mega man get X or protoman's costume would be a guarantee buy from me. I don't want to play mii's in a game about gaming's all stars fighting.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd pay for Ganondorf to have his superior Twilight Princess skin back, but I don't give a damn about mii fighters. The beard makes the man, and this smooth face, blade chin Ganondorf just ain't appealing to me in the slightest.

Oct 28, 2017
I think this is cool. I'd be more enthusiastic about these if they expanded upon the customization if the attacks.

It would be awesome if they gave players two or three new options for each directional special. Even if they're stripped directly from other characters without any unique animations or effects, I'd appreciate the variety and detail. A secondary set of regular A attacks would be stellar, too.

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I'm taking this as a hint that a direct is coming in Jan so they can properly announce this :P
A January Direct is definitely happening, but this isn't a hint at that. That info has been up since the game launched, it's just that most people didn't notice until now.

I wish there was an easy way to pull the Mii out of my 3DS and Wii U and drop them onto my Switch, but there isn't really any direct method like there was between the 3DS and Wii U.
If you have an amiibo you can transfer the one by one.