• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Out of curiosity, why would you buy echo fighters for characters youd never play?

I'm a completionist, but also, I'll admit aesthetic changes can make me more interested in a character. I never use Pit, for example, but will use Dark Pit just because I like his victory music a bit more. I'd use "Jigglypuff" more if they add Rowlett as an Echo, & I'd probably main "Sonic" or "Donkey Kong" if they added Metal Sonic/Funky.

Plus, Ken showed Echoes don't have to be 1 :: 0.99, so part of me is hoping for an Echo character that changes enough to be more interesting.

phillaloup

Dec 23, 2018
Someone really should make a seperate thread about the alt costume ideas for the other Smash characters. it's kinda weird there isn't more of that in the game.

Mario - has plenty of amazing outfits in Odyssey. they only picked his Mario Maker builder alt and the American one. How cool would a blocky 64 alt be? Or shirtless Mario?

Toon Link - where is his blue ocean shirt from Wind Water?

Link - soo many alt costumes from Breath of the Wild to choose from.

Yoshi - Yarn Yoshi alt pls.

Bowser - Dry Bowser, Wedding Bowser, Cat Bowser.

Pac-Man - Miss Pac-Man alt.

so much potential...

N051DE

Oct 27, 2017
SEATTLE
I wonder if Smash bros is the only modern fighting game to include alternate costumes, but only for a select few characters.
Guilty gear Rev2. Elphelt has her costume from the last game but no one else has an alternate. Technically its her old model and they can't really support costumes like that but whatever.