• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
MEGATON

They were pretty dope on 4

TAz7vYE.jpg

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm taking this as a hint that a direct is coming in Jan so they can properly announce this :P

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noooooo. I would rather have them buyable with the in-game money and the fighters themselves with real money.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I will absolutely pay to dress up my Miss as a character I wanted to have in the game just so I can get my heart broken.

*throws wallet at Switch*

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
This is all well and good but forget the Mii Fighters for at least a little while Sakurai.

Give me costumes for the rest of the roster! Dry/Cat Bowser! Light/Fusion Suit Samus! Funky Kong! Something!

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Hmm. They already included a Lip costume in the base game, which is probably the only one I would've paid for. $0.75 is pretty cheap, but I never play as the Miis.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if theyll make echo fighters and sell them separately from the fighter pass.

Descapp

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt I'll be getting this, Miis look bad in Ultimate. The bodies are weird, and I can't get any face that looks alright ingame. They were better in 4 imo

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Important to note that this has been on their support page for a long time and there's been no mention of it since.

Also, don't forget about all the 3rd party (and a few non-3rd party) costumes that were in 4 but not in Ultimate.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I don't play as Mii but it's fine we've actually know about this for a minute.

I really, really want alt costumes and echo fighters though. Way more than Miis

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I've played Mii fighter more this game than I ever did on 3DS or WiiU, but man, it just hurts more than helps to have to futz around with the very limited moves to try and make Isaac, Ribbon Girl/Spring Man, Ray MK III, and others.

I mean, Ray MK III is probably as close to a char as we'll get, but the ARMS characters are forced to have a lot of kicking moves. Isaac just feels sad, but has the tornado B to Link Up B kill combo, so at least is viable...

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Come on DLC Echoes...

At least with Mii playable online these could see greater use. They'd also likely show up in special Spirit Battles later on.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I can't forget about something I didn't know. What is this?
There were several 3rd party Mii costumes that were DLC in Smash 4. Stuff like X, Zero, Geno, Lloyd Irving, Monster Hunter, etc.

None of them made the cut in Ultimate. Who knows why, maybe they cost money to license and Nintendo wasn't willing to pay that for the base game. That's just a theory though

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd much rather be able to buy these skins for the actual characters. Having Mega man get X or protoman's costume would be a guarantee buy from me. I don't want to play mii's in a game about gaming's all stars fighting.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Why can't we just get fucking character alt dlc? The one big thing missing from this game and they still want to go the route of Mii costumes.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Just made the Link and Mario outfits from BOTW and Odyssey available in Smash! Let me buy them Samurai!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I wish there was an easy way to pull the Mii out of my 3DS and Wii U and drop them onto my Switch, but there isn't really any direct method like there was between the 3DS and Wii U.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd pay for Ganondorf to have his superior Twilight Princess skin back, but I don't give a damn about mii fighters. The beard makes the man, and this smooth face, blade chin Ganondorf just ain't appealing to me in the slightest.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think this is cool. I'd be more enthusiastic about these if they expanded upon the customization if the attacks.

It would be awesome if they gave players two or three new options for each directional special. Even if they're stripped directly from other characters without any unique animations or effects, I'd appreciate the variety and detail. A secondary set of regular A attacks would be stellar, too.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that just for the Rex costume that comes with the Fighter Pass?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm taking this as a hint that a direct is coming in Jan so they can properly announce this :P
A January Direct is definitely happening, but this isn't a hint at that. That info has been up since the game launched, it's just that most people didn't notice until now.

I wish there was an easy way to pull the Mii out of my 3DS and Wii U and drop them onto my Switch, but there isn't really any direct method like there was between the 3DS and Wii U.
If you have an amiibo you can transfer the one by one.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is cool but where are the customizable dance taunts?

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
All of these resources spent on Mii costumes and not a single one that I have used.

Would rather get costumes for anyone but the lame Miis.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they have to make the option for the Xenoblade 2 Rex costume to be available in some form outside that fighter pass.