• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I heard the news that Days Gone will be featuring free updates to the game and it made me wonder what this meant for the Digital Deluxe edition? It was listed as having 3 DLC's to be delivered before December 2019.

atCBmLL.jpg

tDO7rZH.jpg

ewGWTLu.jpg

Well imagine my surprise when I looked at a current listing.

rkdSDVY.jpg

Only to see it's missing the previously listed 3 DLC's.

Sony are still selling this for £64.99 even though they have removed all mention of the 3 dlc's. There are people out there who would have pre-ordered based on getting those 3 extra story DLC's, I've done it with other titles featuring season passes and the like.

Can this just be a mistake or have Sony removed a part of the advertised content for the Deluxe Edition?

Edit - damn I posted this whilst I hadn't finished writing the post.

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never saw a mention of those 3 DLC packs and I looked the day they went up for pre-order on the US store. It was also never announced in the PlayStation Blog post when they announced it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I don't remember ever seeing that in Canada. All that stuff plus 3 DLC packs would be a ton of value for $10

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
This happened with the multiplayer content for Uncharted 4. The map packs were originally included as part of the Digital Deluxe edition ($84.99), but then Naughty Dog announced that the multiplayer maps would be free for everyone.

Even though I had spent more on the Digital Deluxe Edition because I thought I was saving money on the map packs, I was cool with this deicision since it would help keep the multiplayer alive. The promised single-player DLC (included with the Digital Deluxe Edition) ended up turning into The Lost Legacy, so Naughty Dog more than made up for the change, in my eyes.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I never saw DLC listed when it went up. Canada here.

Seems like it could be a mistake.

Oct 25, 2017
as Others said a image was posted, was never seen in promotions ever again, wasn't on the pre order page either. Kinda clickbaity

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I looked into digital for shits and giggles awhile back, I don't remember seeing that DLC offered in the US. Might be wrong though!

Oct 27, 2017
Could be a mistake. I remember seeing the same image but they removed it right after they put it. What leads me to believe it is a mistake is they never mentioned it.

twisted heart

Oct 25, 2017
I never saw that when I preordered it but I'm in NA so I don't know if different regions put up different things.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
So they've removed something from it, I guess that means they'll be lowering the price of the edition or perhaps providing a refund of sorts...right?

Maybe they've just incorporated it into the free post launch content they recently discussed, though some transparency on the matter would be nice like a quick email to those who pre-ordered it perhaps.

But I reckon it will only become a problem if, at some point later on in the year, they announced for paid mission DLC. Then it will be kinda shitty.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the plus side I think you can cancel your pre order now and just get the base game if you only wanted the DLC...

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Really hoping that the DLC wasn't cancelled as I was looking forward to new storylines with new characters and missions.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone should close this thread. The DLC was never announced by anyone and only was briefly listed on the EU store apparently which was clearly a mistake. It's pretty clear they never had intentions to have it in the digital deluxe version so there is nothing to complain about.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks for anyone who pre-ordered because of this, but i'd like these schemes to end. Locking content behind more expensive versions is real shitty, so i'm glad it's not happening.

Also, i can't remember the last time any of these additional ''missions'' was worth paying extra for.

OP
OP
Mr Delabee

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Someone should close this thread. The DLC was never announced by anyone and only was briefly listed on the EU store apparently which was clearly a mistake. It's pretty clear they never had intentions to have it in the digital deluxe version so there is nothing to complain about.

I started the thread as more of PSA in case someone has pre-ordered it expecting content that now won't be there.

No one knows how long the ad was up, 1 min? 1 hour? 1 day? If it was a mistake which had been listed then Sony should have confirmed that at the time. They created an ad listing what wasn't included with the standard edition in comparison to the deluxe edition.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a very specific description with actual artwork attached. It's not a one liner so if folks bought this version then sony should at least contact them to say "hey, sorry"

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a very specific description with actual artwork attached. It's not a one liner so if folks bought this version then sony should at least contact them to say "hey, sorry"
OK but why is this getting brought up now? This thing went up for pre-order how many months ago now? I remember hearing something about this back then and when I went and checked the EU and US store I saw no mention of it. It was likely up for no longer than a few hours maybe. Seems weird that people are just now complaining about it.

Oct 25, 2017
OK but why is this getting brought up now? This thing went up for pre-order how many months ago now? I remember hearing something about this back then and when I went and checked the EU and US store I saw no mention of it. It was likely up for no longer than a few hours maybe. Seems weird that people are just now complaining about it.
Basically somebody asked about it in the preview thread. Answers were given and boom here we are

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Calm down, your Sony stock is safe

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
The thing was most likely a mistake. iirc, this appeared in a blog post (or was it a tweet???) and was quickly removed. Did you really think they would give you 3 DLC stories for less than £10???

EDIT: Looked at the thread this pic came up, but it seems like it wasn't from the blog. In fact, nobody knew where this pic came from.

EDIT 2: it seems that this was appearing in some EU stores (so far I've only found pics of the UK and France store) but this was never mentioned in any of the blog posts.

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the new way to insult someone as a fanboy?
I guess that's what he was going for. It has nothing to do with Sony I've just grown tired of the negativity towards this game on this forum and this thread popping up now seemed like another way to drive that. You know this isn't a big deal when pretty much no one out there knew this game was supposed to have DLC. When I first saw this picture a month or two ago I thought it was fake b/c I couldn't find any trace of it anywhere.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Please stop preorering gamesit's just a big mistake, i'm always seeing gamers disappointed with preorders.

Especially this late stage in the game when i'm guessing we'll be able to buy the PS5 version of Days Gone by close to it's console launch with all dlc better graphics for probably £29.99-39.99 much like the last of us on ps4.

OP
OP
Mr Delabee

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I guess that's what he was going for. It has nothing to do with Sony I've just grown tired of the negativity towards this game on this forum and this thread popping up now seemed like another way to drive that. You know this isn't a big deal when pretty much no one out there knew this game was supposed to have DLC. When I first saw this picture a month or two ago I thought it was fake b/c I couldn't find any trace of it anywhere.

All I've done is try to show that something that was advertised on PSN as being only available in the deluxe edition, has been now removed.
There's no need for you to imply I've done it to drive negativity, it's a pretty negative thing that's happened with the listing.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I've done is try to show that something that was advertised on PSN as being only available in the deluxe edition, has been now removed.
There's no need for you to imply I've done it to drive negativity, it's a pretty negative thing that's happened with the listing.
Fair enough all I'm saying is that I don't see it as being very negative given the fact that it apparently was only listed there for maybe an hour or two tops over 2 months ago. Now if they had put it up for a week, month, etc and then all the sudden removed it then yeah it would be a pretty negative thing to do but that's not at all what happened. It went up in one region's store (apparently as I remember checking the EU store and never saw it myself) and was never mentioned anywhere else. If anything it seems like a picture that they had made at some point and then changed their mind about DLC and someone accidently uploaded it to the store when the listing went live.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they were going to put out this type of DLC later though, so I'm still hoping that happens. I guess the price wouldn't have made much sense to be honest.