• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
twitter.com

GermanStrands on Twitter

“IT'S COMING. #PS5”

EWpUUV5XgAI3kYd.jpg

"Revealed! The surprising Horizon Zero Dawn sequel". I just saw this and I'm confused on why no one's talking about this.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OPM don't get scoops anymore so it'll just be recycled information we heard about the other week.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Watch it be a launch title, it's not as if it hasn't had enough time to cook. Guerrilla have the tech already there and they've been on this for four years.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
i'm out of the loop, what's this fiasco everyone talking about?
what happened there?
They wrote 2 articles about the game by just recycling an interview from 2018 and a bunch of old blog posts and tried to sell the info in it as new, and apparently some info in it still ended up being inaccurate as well. Both articles were written without any involvement from Sony or Sucker Punch as well.

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly is surprising about the sequel? Dance minigames? Aloy has had a kid so now she's a Glum Mum since she can't be a Sad Dad? Sylens appears and turns out to actually be adult Boi of War? Nathan Drake time travels and meets Aloy? The suspense is killing me.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Could it be that Sony already sent the info about Horizon 2 to magazine so the next issue after the reveal next month can have it? that's the only explanation I could think of (other than this being another mess up from OPM).
It's probably just regurgitating the VGC rumors, no?
Oh yeah forgot about this. This's likely what it's.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. You would think Sony would have a tighter leash on their OWN magazine.
They're the official magazine for PS, and they dont get access to exclusive information?
They're making articles out of interviews?
Sony doesn't own this magazine, neither they are affiliated as far as I know.

The official name is very misleading

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They're the official magazine for PS, and they dont get access to exclusive information? They have to write articles based on interviews?

Sony doesn't own and operate these "official" magazines. Official Xbox Magazine wasn't run by Microsoft either.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Sony doesn't own this magazine, neither they are affiliated as far as I know.

The official name is very misleading
Sony doesn't own and operate these "official" magazines. Official Xbox Magazine wasn't run by Microsoft either.

Wow... I mean, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm surprised you can just throw the word "Official" next to a brand you're not affiliated to, and have no legal repercussions.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who's OPM? And why do they know nothing? I'm out of the loop.

Ohhh OPM is the Official Playstation Magazine. So why don't they know anything?
They're well known "clickbaiters". Most of the time it's just some summary of well know (and old) rumors etc.
Then there was the Ghost of Tsushima thingy lately. It is what it is. Better ignore them.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
They're the official magazine for PS, and they dont get access to exclusive information? They have to write articles based on interviews?

being the ''Official'' platform magazine doesn't really mean what you are thinking. Its just a license, it's not like the magazine is curated and worked by SIE or anything remotely close to that

this magazine is one of the brands of Future Publishing, owners of EDGE, GamesRadar, PC Gamer, Windows Central, Official Xbox Magazine and many, many other publications

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like this source might not be true, but I hope HZD2 is revealed sometime in the next year or so. I really loved the first one, and there are a lot of things they could do to make the sequel even better.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wow... I mean, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm surprised you can just throw the word "Official" next to a brand you're not affiliated to, and have no legal repercussions.

Future Publishing basically licensed the name from Sony. I believe at one point in the past Sony WAS involved in one of the Playstation Magazine(s), but those days are long gone.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Tbf, they did gives us new details about Godfall

But Godfall is a smaller game than HZD so I'm fully expecting this to be recycled news especially after that Ghost of Tsushima fiasco

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
OPM don't get scoops anymore so it'll just be recycled information we heard about the other week.
This.
The "official" only means that the publisher officially licensed the PlayStation name/logo.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020

This is surprising to me as well. I can just say Official NFL magazine or something? Or is it more along the lines that Sony has never cared to fight it as even if the name can be bothersome it is a magazine dedicated to their brand.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
If they had any actual info it would be the cover story of the month not a thing that gets a tiny blurb on the corner. Come on.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
being the ''Official'' platform magazine doesn't really mean what you are thinking. Its just a license, it's not like the magazine is curated and worked by SIE or anything remotely close to that

this magazine is one of the brands of Future Publishing, owners of EDGE, GamesRadar, PC Gamer, Windows Central, Official Xbox Magazine and many, many other publications

even if it isn't what he's thinking, I bet you the majority of the readers are under the impression that that's what it means so it's incredibly odd.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like a Horizon sequel reveal would merit more than a little bit of text in the bottom corner of the cover in a small font.

Status
Not open for further replies.