• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played one since Rivals (which I enjoyed quite a bit) but I always pay attention to them, in case they look interesting.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NFS: Heat is the new "Hot" Pursuit (if that ends up being the title)

I hope that it's good and they don't butcher it like they did with Payback.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh :/
I really liked Rivals, had tons of fun with that tbh.
Same. Me and my fiancé played the hell out of that game on PS4. Still the best NFS since 2010's hot pursuit.

04_1351_1_1.jpg

nfsrivalsscr_011-large.jpg

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
How would EA react if the next Forza Horizon added the police? It is one of the few things that game is missing and one of the only major additions outside of a new location that the next Forza may have.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Same. Me and my fiancé played the hell out of that game on PS4. Still the best NFS since 2010's hot pursuit.

04_1351_1_1.jpg

Yup and I really liked that it was more arcadey than other racing games this gen, it filled an empty spot. I hope they keep it that way, realism and racing can be okay if you have a steering wheel and triple screens and all that but otherwise I prefer arcade racing with nitros and crazy speeds and cool crashes etc :)

It looked great as well. The only problem I had with it was the framerate since they tried to cover the 30fps stutter with motion blur and made it look blurry instead, but at the time it was decently explained by the open-world nature and I actually don't think open world racing has gone past that until FH4 on the X.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017

04_1351_1_1.jpg

Rivals was pretty much Hot Pursuit 2010 2. Even the graphics style. The driving and sliding through corners Ridge Racer-style felt so satisfying.

Same as Most Wanted 2012 was essentially Burnout Paradise 2.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Following the sentiment of most here, I really enjoyed Rivals. After that, I only played the 2015 NFS, which was a bit of disappointment, especially considering how great the original Underground games were, which inspired the "reboot".

I don't know what to expect of the next one. I love arcade racers, and Ghost Games used to have some top talent there, but EA seems to suck the life out of most developers with time.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
i actually really enjoyed NFS 2015, the graphics and customisation were superb and the live action cut scenes were a fun novelty.

Just give me my McLaren's and I'll be happy.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
i actually really enjoyed NFS 2015, the graphics and customisation were superb and the live action cut scenes were a fun novelty.

Just give me my McLaren's and I'll be happy.

Never played NFS 2015, but I remember at the time the graphics looked amazing. Was put off by the poor reviews and the online only gameplay.

Might give it a go.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Never played NFS 2015, but I remember at the time the graphics looked amazing. Was put off by the poor reviews and the online only gameplay.

Might give it a go.

Not sure how they hold up today, but at the time they were great. The game is no way near as bad as the internet likes to make out it is, so long as you don't mind the overly cheesy dialogue from the cut scenes.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What exactly is leaked here? The game has been known for ages. They even released a statement before E3 saying they wouldn't show it there but that the development was ongoing and the game would be out this year.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I won't hold my breath for a good game. Most NFS games, especially lately, have been garbage. Give us Underground 3

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure how they hold up today, but at the time they were great. The game is no way near as bad as the internet likes to make out it is, so long as you don't mind the overly cheesy dialogue from the cut scenes.

The overly cheesy dialouge is the least of the games problems. The real problems start with the awful handling.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

frankly, it was better than it reviewed. it has a few baffling things like certain transition points points on the tracks where the lighting changes from night to dawn, when you drive back it changes to night again and the full motion video cutscenes are just not very good acting wise but the game itself nailed the "underground street racing nerds" feeling.

Payback was much more cringeworthy than 2015. that being said, Rivals is the best NFS this generation.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
frankly, it was better than it reviewed. it has a few baffling things like certain transition points points on the tracks where the lighting changes from night to dawn, when you drive back it changes to night again and the full motion video cutscenes are just not very good acting wise but the game itself nailed the "underground street racing nerds" feeling.

Payback was much more cringeworthy than 2015. that being said, Rivals is the best NFS this generation.

I've still go a copy of Rivals somewhere. Really enjoyed it at the time.
I thought NFS 2015 looked almost photorealistic when I watched youtube videos of it at the time.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Will it have wheel support? Manual transmission? What about cockpit view? Will it be always online for no good reason? These are exciting times to speculate.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
For their sake, I really hope it's good. Don't know if it can touch Forza Horizon for me at this point, but for Ghost Games sake I hope it's a good game that knocks it outta the park.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
The next need for speed NEEDS post launch support. If it doesn't want to die quickly.

My favourite need for speed games are hot pursuit 2010 and Most Wanted 2012. Loved the map of the game especially, small but densely packed urban labyrinth.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Payback was such a letdown. I feel like there's definitely a way to make Need For Speed: Fast and Furious and make it really fun, but Payback wasnt it. Really hope the new one learned some lessons from it.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bring back razor callahan! But honestly the last need for speed game i really enjoyed was 2010's hot pursuit, and before that, 2005's most wantsd

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So Heat is not true? We do know a new one is in development and probably coming this year, but it's not called Heat?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Payback was such a letdown. I feel like there's definitely a way to make Need For Speed: Fast and Furious and make it really fun, but Payback wasnt it. Really hope the new one learned some lessons from it.

The fact that the game as advertised as an action driving game with emphasis on story is a bit of a joke looking back now. 95% of the game is just doing regular race events. There is 5 setpiece events overall, with one of them being basically a tutorial at the start of the game.

What's worse is that, funnily enough, every time something relatively cool happens, the game takes away control. Right at the start, you need to go on a ramp to exit a race. So you're like, okay, gotta be carefully aim for the ramp and make sure I'm fast enough to.... oh, nevermind, cutscene takes care of it. This happened every single time there was a setpiece.

NFS the run did this so much better. That game actually allowed you to play through the mayhem. Dodging an avalanche? Up to you. Outrunning a sandstorm? Good luck. Dodging gunfire AND taking out a helicopter by jumping into it? Hell yes. I remember so many awesome moments from that game, and it was always me driving and being in control.

I mean, they even went as far as to include QTE for on foot sections. That wasn't neccesserily good or enjoyable but at least there was an attempt to make the game always feel like you're playing it. In Payback, there is nothing.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
For their sake, I really hope it's good. Don't know if it can touch Forza Horizon for me at this point, but for Ghost Games sake I hope it's a good game that knocks it outta the park.
I love the Horizon games but NFS and FH are very different and can coexist without issues, the police chases and nitros makes NFS way more arcadey than FH.

Off topic but the lack of police chases in racing games today got me thinking. What I'd reeeally love is a new AAA super polished Driver game! Reflections is at Ubi now I believe, don't know if it's the same crew but I would love to see this IP coming back. I loved the bouncy car physics and racing through narrow side streets and tricking the police, it was awesome.

Oct 29, 2017
NL
Got Rivals and 2015 this gen but neither grabbed me. I really wanted to like 2015 but the controls and corny ass story were terrible. Most wanted 2012 was the last NFS I finished.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the Underground dream just dead? That stuff doesn't even seem remotely popular in real life... that game hit at the right time.