• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Via an austrian store:

EAtbAGfWkAAmJTA

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
It' probably Ghost Games.
But I want to know what the game is about. Is it Hot Pursuit like? Or is it another Underground wannabee? Does it have a story like the last two? Or just open world?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that sounds very placeholder-y, including the coverart. But if the coverart is anything to go by, as temporary as it may be, it might be urban setting again, something closer to Underground than Most Wanted or Payback. But it's too early to tell and the pic may not be representative at all.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Ghost Games, like always....

Why would it change?

I just haven't followed Need for Speed to closely for a while. I found Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted and Shift 1/2 decent enough when I played them, but the only one I actually owned was Hot Pursuit. I used to play the heck of the old ones.

Oct 26, 2017
It' probably Ghost Games.
But I want to know what the game is about. Is it Hot Pursuit like? Or is it another Underground wannabee? Does it have a story like the last two? Or just open world?

...Cars naturally top the list. You could say that the cars and customization of NFS are the beating heart of what we do. Without either of these, NFS fails to exist as we know it. These two elements play a pivotal role in the series and are two aspects that we consider to be foundational, meaning they aren't going anywhere because NFS wouldn't exist without them.

But NFS is also the culmination of many different aspects, and there's a special essence that appears when all these aspects come together at a very high quality, an essence that helps create that unique NFS feeling. You could say this essence is our DNA, and it's exactly what we're injecting straight into our next project.

Tradition, and our above note about a new game later this year, dictates that this is the time when you'll be eagerly hitting F5 on our Social Media channels, waiting for that first detailed sign of something new, for that first teaser to drop. But let's hold fire on that for now.

Because traditions are all well and good, but they can also be broken, and new ones forged. Just because we've done something one way for the last few years, doesn't mean we should continue to do so.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it's Shift 3, I'm not too intersted.
I kind of liked Rivals, but that was way back early in the gen with little to play available.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Sure looks like placeholder cover art. Haven't played a NFS game in years. Will be interesting to see what they've done to freshen up

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon ate their lunch, burned down their house, and built a new one on the remains

I want a great NFS game again, but in terms of arcade/sim mixtures I just have a hard time seeing them get that footing back

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
cant wait.
no decent arcade racing game since payback on pc (and payback was quite bad)

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon ate their lunch, burned down their house, and built a new one on the remains

I want a great NFS game again, but in terms of arcade/sim mixtures I just have a hard time seeing them get that footing back
Doesn't help that racing games barely move the needle anymore, that pie shrank a lot in the last 10 years

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Just make it more like NFS from 2015, instead of going the way paved by Payback in 2017, and I'll give it a shot. Straightforward racing and tuning without all that card/lootbox bullshit.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I'm amazed they're still trying with the series, last acceptable entry was Rivals and it didn't set the world on fire.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Doesn't help that racing games barely move the needle anymore, that pie shrank a lot in the last 10 years
They barely moved a needle because most were bad, and some of the better games reviewed bad, because for some reason reviewers suck at them. Forza Horizon proves that the interest is there (even when I personally think the game is an overhyped snoozefest).

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ghost Games are so shit and the last NFS was so bad I traded it in. And i never trade anything.

Please be half decent. Please

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I've only ever played one NFS game....that was Underground.....their recent ones have looked quite awful with all the stupid story shit in them.
I'm all in on the new Grid game this year anyway,this new NFS would have to be pretty special to get me to buy that too....not expecting it tbh.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This series has consistently baffled me with its poor gameplay, given it is a racing game. You would think they'd nail the sense of speed you get while playing it. Ive tried three NFS games this gen and none of them felt compelling to play.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

That's kind of my point. Horizon owns the market right now for people who want an arcadey open-world racing game. So NFS has to do something new and interesting to grab people and the things they've tried recently have just been big whiffs.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
There is only a Need for Burnout. NFS was always the inferior series but somehow they made these every year and forgot about Burnout after Paradise ... They even tried to make NFS more like Burnout but it never was close in quality. Another great Job with franchise management from EA ...

Oct 27, 2017
Why are they even trying when Forza Horizon 4 exists which will probably be better in every aspect given their last titles?