• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So a German livestream/entertainment channel that goes by Rocket Beans TV has Yakuza 3 on their gamescom streaming schedule alongside a bunch of other games. If you click this link and CTRL+F for Yakuza 3 you can see it alongside Catherine: Full Body, another SEGA game.

6cCDccD.png

They were set to talk about Yakuza 3 specifically on the 21st at 4:30 pm CEST. No idea if this is getting revealed at Opening Night Live or if SEGA is just gonna drop the announcement on Twitter or something. 3 is pretty good but my absolute favourite Yakuza is 4 so I'm hoping they bring that over soon too.

ECRENv6WsAAvcZf.jpg:large

Last edited:

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giving how long its taken to bring over I wonder if they are going to do a PS4 and PC simultaneous release this time.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Even though I own the ps3 us version as soon as the ps4 versions were announced I've been waiting for this release to come out. I figured they'd wait until after judgement was out.

I figure they've been trying to not flood the western market with too many Yakuza games all at once

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
big shocks

dont touch my orphanage
While they better not touch the orphanage, renaming it back to its original Japanese name would be much appreciated. 3 had some really annoying name changes for no good reason (hi Rex!)

As for pricing, if they price each at $20 I think that's more than fair. I'm 90 hours into the PS4 remaster of 5 at the moment and I'm only just starting Shinada's final chapter. I've probably got a good 5 odd hours of plot if I mainline the finale, but I totally know I'm not gonna do that! My point is, there's certainly more than enough content to charge 20 for each (well, as long as the cut stuff from 3 is put back in) - not to mention I already paid 40 for each import copy of these remasters and will totally double dip (or is it quandrupal dip at this point?) for the English releases.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Awesome! Been on a Yakuza binge with both 0 and Kiwami 2. Judgement has given me a good fix so far but I'm more than ready for the next one in the mainline.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent news.

Shelling out less than 20-30 dollars for each one isn't a bad thing.

The sooner this arrives the better.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't like the game as much as the previous games in the series but it's still the game I cried the most. Just bawling like a baby. There's something about Yakuza's sincere melodrama that really makes me go on a breakdown, and I'd say it was great development for Kiryu Kazuma

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So a German livestream/entertainment channel that goes by Rocket Beans TV has Yakuza 3 on their gamescom streaming schedule alongside a bunch of other games. If you click this link and CTRL+F for Yakuza 3 you can see it alongside Catherine: Full Body, another SEGA game.

6cCDccD.png

They were set to talk about Yakuza 3 specifically on the 21st at 4:30 pm CEST which is a bit before Opening Night Live meaning the western localization gets revealed a bit earlier in the day.

ECRENv6WsAAvcZf.jpg:large
The news i was hoping for

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Would love if PC got this simultaneously with PS4 but i won't hold my breath for that one.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the only thing i dont like going back to the older games is the older engine

i replayed a few Yakuzies after beating Judgment and i missed going into most buildings without having to load

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
That'd be nice, wonder what took so long for these.
Hopefully cleaning up the localization to be more consistent with the more recent releases and more accurate to the original Japanese. Yakuza 3 had some odd and unnecessary script changes, and now those are English continuity errors.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. I adore the Yakuza series and world. The day I catch up on all the games will be a sad day lol.

Beaten 0, 1, 2 and Judgment. Own 6 but waiting to play it after 3-4-5

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
If this is 3 only, SEGA is too dumb thinking they can charge 20-40 bucks for 3 and another 20-40 bucks for 4 and 5 lol

$60 for all 3 would be more than reasonable but $30 or more for each game would be a bit much.

So is it safe to assume that they're redoing the localization for at least Y3? I doubt Y4 & Y5 would really need it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Where is the new Yakuza
Getting shown off in Japan on August 29th, almost certainly then following up at TGS a month later.

$60 for all 3 would be more than reasonable but $30 or more for each game would be a bit much.

So is it safe to assume that they're redoing the localization for at least Y3? I doubt Y4 & Y5 would really need it.
The scripts in 4 and 5 could do with cleaning up here and there. There's a couple of spelling/grammar mistakes in them and a couple of times in both 4 and 5 they use the word "tranny" for describing certain characters which won't fly.
But largely, they could be kept the same. I only wonder if we'll be lucky enough this time to get the licensed music for all 3 games, as it really elevates certain cutscenes (and just sounds great in 3 and 5's intros, 4's can fuck off though and keep For Faith's song). We've gotten newer songs for Kiwami 2 and Judgment, but legacy licensing might screw them over here :(

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Nice, can't wait to replay it again. Personally enjoyed the orphanage angle of 3.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I've been holding on starting Yakuza Kiwami 2 until the whole series is on PS4 so this is great news.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Simultaneous release on PC might be a tad much too ask but we might see a simultaneous announcement on PC with a delayed release like they did with the new Monkey Ball remaster.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the PC release will be simultaneous this time. They released Kiwami 2 over 6 first so they must be intending to go in order.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So it won't be Kiwami 3?
Well a remaster of 3 exists in Japan and is already on the PS4 (I finished it, its amazing). A Kiwami 3 doesn't exist and Sega aren't going to spend time remaking a game they just remastered last year. So no, no Kiwami 3!

And the remasters really don't need all that much improvement. Maybe you could argue 3 could do with some improved character models and animation that it lacked at the time of the PS3 release, but 4 and especially 5 are already excellent and are only made better by the remaster work (better res and FPS). They'd be compromised if they were remade (with the amount of content in 5 - 5 cities and a shit ton of activities) they'd have to cut several things to get it done - as Sega don't give much time or budget for remakes or remasters (hence why Kiwami 2 has some changes over 2)

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking they won't do simultaneous releases so they can get people to double dip. Maybe that's a cynical way to look at it.