• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
For all of your Los Angeles locals, let's discuss the greatest place in the world. I will try and update this with a guide.

OP
OP
Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty over the heat at this point.

Does anyone have recommendations for bars on Saturday for Halloween?

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty over the heat at this point.

Does anyone have recommendations for bars on Saturday for Halloween?

Me too it's been murder at work too considering how many windows are on all sides of the building! Glad this OT made it!

If you don't mind going to Pasadena Der Rathskeller is pretty dope and fucking weird decor wise it's gothic Germanic rat murals and shit paired with german beer on tap.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Not LA, but close enough,

Every day I wake up in hell.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Tarzana/Woodland Hills checking in.

So as this is just my second year in LA, I am lead to understand this is unseasonably hot?
I guess the weather overall is just more unpredictable...

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DTLA here. Anyone else live downtown btw? I went from NYC -> Santa Monica -> DTLA and I'm really happy here. I love seeing the downtown come alive-- new construction, new restoration projects and new restaurants pop up every day. Plus I just love walking and using the subway.

So as this is just my second year in LA, I am lead to understand this is unseasonably hot?
I guess the weather overall is just more unpredictable...

Just about to start my third year here. The year before last had a pretty hot October if I recall. Last year, not so much.

OP
OP
Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Me too it's been murder at work too considering how many windows are on all sides of the building! Glad this OT made it!

If you don't mind going to Pasadena Der Rathskeller is pretty dope and fucking weird decor wise it's gothic Germanic rat murals and shit paired with german beer on tap.

Yeah probably should have mentioned looking for central LA mostly. I've been struggling to find anything worthy in town.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
San Gabriel Valley. Currently living in Alhambra. Being surrounded by movie theaters of all types, some showing indies, some just single screens, one nearby is a $3 theater, several true 70mm IMAX screens, is such a huge benefit. They're so sparse outside of L.A. -- and you only get access to mainstream films. Whereas here, I've been in multiple early screenings (Drive, was one surprising example), sat nearby Ridley friggen Scott watching an early/unfinished cut of The Martian... need I go on? Plus, the selection of food.... I just had dim sum today (Ocean Star @ Monterrey Park) and then hit up some Vietnamese treats at Banh Mi Che Cali in Rosemead, and also picked up fresh pressed sugar cane water and fresh cut jack fruit.. and I'll be eating Thai food tonight (while helping out at a film shoot). Where the hell else on the planet could you come up with a day like this?

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Gabriel Valley. Currently living in Alhambra. Being surrounded by movie theaters of all types, some showing indies, some just single screens, one nearby is a $3 theater, several true 70mm IMAX screens, is such a huge benefit. They're so sparse outside of L.A. -- and you only get access to mainstream films. Whereas here, I've been in multiple early screenings (Drive, was one surprising example), sat nearby Ridley friggen Scott watching an early/unfinished cut of The Martian... need I go on? Plus, the selection of food.... I just had dim sum today (Ocean Star @ Monterrey Park) and then hit up some Vietnamese treats at Banh Mi Che Cali in Rosemead, and also picked up fresh pressed sugar cane water and fresh cut jack fruit.. and I'll be eating Thai food tonight (while helping out at a film shoot). Where the hell else on the planet could you come up with a day like this?

We should hang out lol was he at Arclight? I've heard good things but have never been. iPIC is awesome in Pasadena. I'm in Arcadia and so is Septimus Prime although I am not sure if he made the great migration. PM me!

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm visiting next week for my sister's 21st birthday. Anyone have any recommendations for food or things to do?

Jobias

Oct 26, 2017
San Diego
West LA/Sawtelle area here! I think I avoided the worst of the heat this week but it's still been ridiculous. Thank goodness I moved into an apartment with central air this year.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the final stages of interviewing for my first out-of-college job. I'm going to be commuting from the IE to West LA and I'm not happy about it.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah need to know location and what you're into. I can give plenty of recommendations if it's for partying.

I think we're gonna be in the Venice Beach and West Hollywood area mostly. As for food I'd say pretty much anything that doesn't cost $30 a plate. Not gonna be doing a lot of partying since our parents are going to be with us.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is GameDude still doing business up there? It was cool walking into a store with that much retro game stuff even if I didn't buy anything.

Yes, haven't been in years, though, but they were even mentioned on an Easy Allies podcast a month or so ago and I thought "damn, I need to get up there again."

Not a ton of good game stores in LA, good stuff gets picked over quick too (lot of old sports games tho!), but that's one I feel is still the top.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is GameDude still doing business up there? It was cool walking into a store with that much retro game stuff even if I didn't buy anything.
Yeah, they're still there. Prices are still great too, you can find some new PS4 games there cheaper than anywhere else if you get lucky and find one there.

also hi LA-ERA. o/

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
Saw Hamilton at the Pantages today and discovered this cool little restaurant off Vine in Hollywood called Fabiolus Cuccina. It's an Italian spot, and the spinach and chicken risotto was heavenly.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Hamilton at the Pantages today and discovered this cool little restaurant off Vine in Hollywood called Fabiolus Cuccina. It's an Italian spot, and the spinach and chicken risotto was heavenly.

Nice. I live in the area, always a new restaurant here and tehre cropping up so hard to keep up but checking this out it looks pretty good.

Was at Hamilton too last Tuesday. Got the understudy, tho, for Burr which is usually Thursdays so my girlfriend was a little upset.

OP
OP
Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I live in the area, always a new restaurant here and tehre cropping up so hard to keep up but checking this out it looks pretty good.

Was at Hamilton too last Tuesday. Got the understudy, tho, for Burr which is usually Thursdays so my girlfriend was a little upset.

I'm in the area as well... very impressed at how much dining has turned around in the area in the past few years. It's a slow process but I do feel like Hollywood has improved quite a bit (still has a ways to go though).

RogersBase

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles transplant checkin' in! I've been here since 2014 and while I still hate the traffic and wish there was an easy non-stop train from Glendale/Burbank to LAX, I've learned to love the city. :)

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Woodland Hills checking in.

Go Rams! The most underrated 6-2 team!

I'm curious as to win LA wakes up to the fact that they have maybe the 2nd best team in the NFL, and perhaps the most exciting team in the NFL to watch right now (since D. Watson went down).

home playoff football should be fun in January even if it is the Colosseum.

That said, I'm sad about what this will do to PSL and ticket prices for the new stadium

Haselbacher

Oct 27, 2017
home playoff football should be fun in January even if it is the Collosseum

I am kind of new the NFL. But most games I am wondering/waiting, when something goes wrong.
Like the first play against the Jaguars. But they are doing really good!
My concern is just, that the roster does not have a lot of playoff experience. That could be an issue.

But yeah, playoff football in LA this winter would be great!!!