• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
4 is a great game but a terrible Resident Evil entry and foundation for the franchise.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
But RE Zero exists...
Leeches that can look people
Giant bugs
Lame tyrant
Instant kill frogs
..and the main baddie is introduced singing opera in the middle of no where while wearing a white gown and controlling a swarm of leeches....

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
They may be dumb but they are the most entertaining idiots.

The entire game would be less fun without em.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The art that plays during the credits always painted a pretty sad picture of the ganados: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_weHtgqZ5Bs

I hope whenever RE4 inevitably gets remade they delve into this more, it could be equally tragic and horrifying if they play it right and could give some depth to the lovable idiots.

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
being from spain kinda ruins this game for me tbh. can't stop rolling my eyes at the mexican villagers/fantasy feudal castles remixed with enlightenment-era costumed dwarf representation level of representation

even the cops from madrid are latino/super not spanish. jeez

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RE4 is a writing mess and was the start of a very pronounced downwards spiral for the series.

Can't wait for the remake.
Not that I would have expected anything else than a campy b-movie, but that's induced by a chaotic production : the final game is in fact a mash-up of three different games. But that also reveal how talented Mikami is, to have delivered something we are still talking about while having to deal with tunnels of incertitude and drastic turnaround during the fabrication.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
being from spain kinda ruins this game for me tbh. can't stop rolling my eyes at the mexican villagers/fantasy feudal castles remixed with enlightenment-era costumed dwarf representation level of representation

even the cops from madrid are latino/super not spanish. jeez
Does that mean that Resident Evil 4 isn't authentic to Spanish life?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
According to Vendetta Movies. Los Illuminados still exist.
Wonder they will back on RE8?
Vendetta and Umbrella Corps do mention the Los Illuminados are still alive, but mostly keep to the shadows to practice their beliefs and do some black market selling with organizations interested in the Plagas. I kinda' doubt they'll ever return outside of these two mentions, but who knows?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I really loved the credits to Resident Evil 4, a slideshow of grainy hand draw pictures coupled with ominous music detailing their infection and spread.