• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As announced by Smilegate yesterday:
n.news.naver.com

스팀서 대박난 로스트아크, 파운더스 팩 150만 장 팔렸다

▲ 로스트이크 글로벌 대표 이미지 (사진제공: 스마일게이트)스마일게이트는 글로벌 출시를 앞두고 판매 중인 로스트아크 파운더스 팩이 판매량 150만 장을 돌파했다고 밝혔다. 로스트아크 파운더스 팩은 스팀 전세계 최고 판매 TOP 5 중 4자리를 독차지하고 있다.로스트아크는 오는 11일부터 북미, 남미, 유럽, 호주에 출시되...

Buying these Founder's Packs aside from granting you some items in-game, also let buyers play the game a few days ahead of its (F2P) release that's happening today.
Also good to remember that the game in this "pre-release" state already hit some amazing numbers this week
image.png

The full F2P release is in a few hours, expect to see some new Steam concurrent player records. Will servers survive? Will player numbers hold?

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Have a feeling the numbers are going to be massive today, if the servers hold up (big if!).

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Say what you will about amazon, but they published two of the biggest ever releases on Steam in the last 6 months. Going to be interesting to see where they go from here

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
That seems really good. Interested in it for F2P. And if the quality is what fans say it is then we might have a new big permanent MMO.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
LA probably definitely most likely maybe will have better legs than NW. it actually is a game with content.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what it's a F2P ? Those numbers were for the paid version ? Holy mother of God

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
No clue where the hype came from for this, I'd barely heard of it before it topped Twitch charts etc. Good for the team though, more players in the MMO space is never a bad thing.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Its been a game that some people have been waiting for since it was announced 7 years ago. Most people who are into MMOs have known about this game!
I'm super-into FFXIV but that's about it, lol. Maybe it's the name? Feels like the name of a game I assume already released. I'm bad with names...

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
More than 1/3 of the buyers were playing concurrently at one point?

That's amazing.

Hardcore MMO players, the type who pay for early access like this, tend to spend a lot of time playing.

I work with someone who plays FF 14 and when the new expansion hit he took like a week off of work, skipped our D&D session that week, and I believe he said he played it for something like 40 hours in the first 48 hours.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I purchase a pack expecting to play the game only to find the servers are down. My only chance to play this weekend.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I think you answered your own question. Paying popular Twitch streamers to play your game is a lucrative strategy.

This is factually wrong.
You still need a good game or enticing gameplay to translate Twitch viewers to game buyers.
Several high-profile marketing pushes failed to make a dent in game sales last year.

Nov 1, 2017
Hardcore MMO players, the type who pay for early access like this, tend to spend a lot of time playing.

I work with someone who plays FF 14 and when the new expansion hit he took like a week off of work, skipped our D&D session that week, and I believe he said he played it for something like 40 hours in the first 48 hours.
That sounds incredibly unhealthy.