• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
www.biohazardcast.com

Alleged Resident Evil Village Playtest In-Depth Information [Rumor]

We've spoken a lot about Resident Evil Village rumours and information from the playtests conducted last year and as recently as March. Some things have been

This is being marked as a rumor as it's not official, but I can say right now Jesse from Declassified did a lot of digging to clarify all of this information, I did help with some of the points & checking certain things, and I personally believe everything in the article is true, though maybe some specific changes will happen in game dev (the build these couple people played had clearly unfinished aspects to the game while playing as the article mentions).

Here's a few bullet key points, but you should really read the article for the full details as I'm skipping over a lot:
-Game opens up with an "animated storybook" where Mia reads a fairytale to Ethan and Mia's young daughter, Rose. In the demo the storybook was clearly still in dev.
-You spend some time in Ethan's House, they've all been checked for Mold infection but all reported to be 100% mold free. Another note mentions after RE7, Ethan has done some training with Chris to be better equipped at protecting his family/self defense. You can carry Rose around the house before putting her to sleep in her crib.
-Ethan wants to talk about what happened at the Baker House with Mia while she cooks dinner, but she does not want to talk about it and gets cold when he brings it up.
-After Chris shoots Mia, he abducts Ethan and Rose into a vehicle, but it gets into a car accident. Ethan wakes up to everyone, including his daughter, missing and wanders into the snow looking for a phone.
-There's a cabin defense escape sequence after meeting the old man in the trailer. Apparently this sequence is open-ended with multiple ways to approach it, you're scarce on ammo but have a handgun and can get a shotgun if you're daring. Multiple paths through the area, can push objects to block doors, can crouch and sneak around Beast Men eating animals and other things, you can fight but there's too many to take them all on.
-The Beast Men seem to work with a "wolf pack" mentality to their AI, IE they'll gather up, disperse and try to surround you from all sides.
-The Player encounters what people are unofficially calling the "Gorilla Man", which is the giant guy with the Executioner-esque axe seen briefly in the trailer. He seems to have some control over the Beast Men and can tell them what to do, he comes up, looks at Ethan, then calls the Beast Men off and walks away.
-There's a Beast Man who rides a horse with a spear and seems to pick up bodies by impaling them and carrying them around on his horse.
-The old woman in the trailer is apparently a merchant who sells in goods and info. She can tell you rumors about the town, sell weapon parts, upgrade stuff in exchange for money.
-There was collectible gems in RE8, specifically the Spinel from RE4 returned, but strangely the old woman would not accept the spinel as payment, though it seems the spinel could be combined with other treasures.
-Apparently weapons in RE8 have something of an "Upgrade Tree" where you can upgrade parts of the weapon to unlock new parts of the weapon to upgrade.

Just a few points. We'll probably have a lot more to discuss about RE8 tomorrow, but thought this was worthy of its own thread.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Good stuff, the reveal trailer shows Mia telling a history to someone and makes sense for Capcom to hide that they had a son, so it sounds pretty reasonable,
Hoping that we are going to see a new trailer tomorrow.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope there will be more than Ethan characters to be playable, but this will be left for surprise.
Anyway, it won't matter that much since it's an FPS and you can't see your character.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
tenor.gif

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want more resident evil based on 2 and 3... I liked 7 but I'm not a huge fan of first person resident evil.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I won't read any of this, but I'm super excited for the game! Wonder if it's there at State of Play tomorrow.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It seems weird that this is seemingly leaning hard to aping RE4, and RE4 remake is also coming. Hopefully won't be too much of one thing.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Damn Ethan had a child with Mia?
Dumbass didn't realise how much of a unabashed liar she was and some private military agent that did fucked up things to children

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
-The Beast Men seem to work with a "wolf pack" mentality to their AI, IE they'll gather up, disperse and try to surround you from all sides.
-The Player encounters what people are unofficially calling the "Gorilla Man", which is the giant guy with the Executioner-esque axe seen briefly in the trailer. He seems to have some control over the Beast Men and can tell them what to do, he comes up, looks at Ethan, then calls the Beast Men off and walks away.
-There's a Beast Man who rides a horse with a spear and seems to pick up bodies by impaling them and carrying them around on his horse.
This game is gonna be scary as hell.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
So then does this kill that older rumor that claimed to basically explain the whole story of the game?

It had claimed that Ethan wakes up and sees that Chris didn't kill Mia but bandaged her up or some nonsense that didn't make any sense. But then also ended with a ton of classic RE characters getting killed.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Damn Ethan had a child with Mia?
Dumbass didn't realise how much of a unabashed liar she was and some private military agent that did fucked up things to children
What do you expect from this guy? He's a terrible character, and so is his terrible wife. I'm choosing to ignore that Ethan and Mia are back in favor of all the other cool stuff in that trailer.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Leon's been chasing Ada for almost twenty years.
Ada is a bad person too, but at least she's got that femme fatale mysterious spy archetype going on, which makes her interesting and cool. Mia's backstory just makes her less sympathetic, imo. I'm wondering how much RE8 will change my perception of these two. I'm open to a change in mindset, provided they become interesting somehow.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ada is a bad person too, but at least she's got that femme fatale mysterious spy archetype going on, which makes her interesting and cool. Mia's backstory just makes her less sympathetic, imo. I'm wondering how much RE8 will change my perception of these two. I'm open to a change in mindset, provided they become interesting somehow.
I really don't mind Ethan much in the context of RE. He's not really any deeper or shallower than the average RE protagonist who takes the whole, zombie apocalypse scenario like a champ.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I think this game sounds absolutely amazing man. Really really hoping it's at the State Of Play tomorrow. Fingers are crossed for a release date. My bet is on April 2021.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It seems weird that this is seemingly leaning hard to aping RE4, and RE4 remake is also coming. Hopefully won't be too much of one thing.
I've been thinking the same thing since the reveal especially when we saw the item management system. Very bizarre to see Capcom have two RE games in ongoing development using similar concepts where they're far away from each other in the series.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Think there was a rumor floating around that another returning character would be revealed in the next trailer? Swear I saw that somewhere