Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
animalcrossingworld.com

Huge Animal Crossing: New Horizons Datamine Hints New Exciting Features & Returning Characters Coming - Animal Crossing World

A whole bunch of very exciting potential new features and content have been revealed for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, thanks to a deep datamining

Lots of features that are seemingly coming in future updates have been datamined in ACNH. In a nutshell:

- Crazy Redd's black market is coming back, supposedly its now a ship that will dock on the secret beach north of your island
- There are two museum upgrades planned, all levels of the museum upgrades contains an art section (there currently arent any arts in the game)
- Two standalone buildings: museum shop and museum gyroid cafe. Those are probably the museum upgrades and not actually standalone buildings but that's how it is said on the code.
- Six types of bushes that aren't in the game yet: Azalea, Hibiscus, Holly, Hydrangea, Camellia and Osmathus
- Unused shop interface, similar to the Nook Miles redemption menu, called "cGardening"
- New type of plant: vegetables. Can be grown and picked up. There currently are Tomato, Potato, Carrot, Pumpkin, Wheat and Sugar
- Two versions of the play report are unused yet: 'get_recipe_clothing', and 'get_recipe_cooking'. It indicates that we may be able to get clothing and cooking recipes in the future (and also that we'll be able to cook at all)
- Diving is seemingly coming back because an additional section of the Critterpedia with 33 additional items, including the exsting manila clam, is present in the files. There's already space reserved in the save files for this feature
- A second Nook Cranny's upgrade is present in the files
- More Nook Miles achievements, door customs etc.

Considering Earth Day is at the end of the month, it's possible that the gardening part of this datamine is coming soon as well.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Man this looks absolutely amazing! And if it's free upgrade even better!

I do hope when the Switch Pro or Switch 2 comes around, we'll be able to port island there.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Sounds amazing! Wonder how growing vegetables and cooking will work, and if there's much incentive for it than to sell for bells.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Shop interface as in the in-game shop interface, not eShop or stuff really asking you for money.
Of course I'm not talking about real-money monetization but just making more "grindy" things out of something that we do out of fun or leisure is bad design for this series. It's gimmicky and grindy enough as is with the pointless crafting. They're making the game way more complicated than it needs to be.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Can I get an option to disable animal gibberish and "item get!" pop-up notices for items I've collected a thousand times? I'd like to see this in an update.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
This truly is the forever game. I'm so excited about every one of those.

The only sad thing is finding out the secret beach is a feature on everyone's island and not something special to mine.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Of course I'm not talking about real-money monetization but just making more "grindy" things out of something that we do out of fun or leisure is bad design for this series. It's gimmicky and grindy enough as is with the pointless crafting. They're making the game way more complicated than it needs to be.
There has never been a feature like this in past games, they're not locking vegetables behind something grindy that used to be free. And the shop interface is just a shop... we had a gardening shop in new leaf too

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
So I should slow down and maybe just enjoy it in small bursts? I've felt a twing of overload but I'm putting in hours into this thing.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'll gladly pay up for all those upgrades but it would be nice if it were free. Would be the game of the forever if all this stuff comes trough.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing as most of these features were in New Leaf, I''d say Its pretty clear that they were at one point intended to be part of the base game. There's no chance we'll have to pay for this.

This truly is the forever game. I'm so excited about every one of those.

The only sad thing is finding out the secret beach is a feature on everyone's island and not something special to mine.

I at the very least have no secret beach so you are part of a certain lucky percentage. Though I do have a secret searock pile at the back but I have no clue how Redd is supposed to dock around there.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
IMO Animal Crossing is a great game to drip feed updates. I wonder how many hours I'm going to be at in a few years. Kind of scary to think about.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I at the very least have no secret beach so you are part of a certain lucky percentage. Though I do have a secret searock pile at the back but I have no clue how Redd is supposed to dock around there.

There's a secret beach on every island. It might have a slightly different form but it's generally like this:
QSfhWEz3OKGiOWF7HVQ8wIliqAzSOa3Ue-OapO38LQSA6w8IOnMqwXX0Ldg5uU4Ts_siD-D6xwKLOh0WT7VJs_mDFEBZ_MCr2g1ML89cXyGIL2Axr7CQiFbHDa49O3IVQOhyRAO2HgzrszdzNQTNIIbkMXxdBKa_gbHs3-IlHMe85RlcKzKNvi5H09fp

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'll evict the whole island and turn it into a giant garden if they let me.

Knowing AC they will put something stupid in though like for every 5 vegetables that you pick up a garden snake can chase you off and bite you and give you a bruise. Aka...the wasps are a dumb mechanic.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Dear Nintendo, and potential Pocket Camp developers turned New Horizons developers: Do NOT monetize/quantize the garden aspect of a main game.
Why on earth would they do this when there's absolutely zero monetized content in the core game?

Honestly man you seem to take whatever opportunity you can to be sceptical of New Horizons and it's a little tiresome.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can AC truly be spoiled 🤔
Yes. Especially in this case when the stuff is datamined and yet to be revealed. Some people like to experience the game without knowing what will happen in the future. It makes those moments more special.
Spoilerculture is a beaut.
Does it really brother you that much that the OP was courteous to those who might care? Does the [open spoilers] tag make this thread worse?

What a bad take.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as most of these features were in New Leaf, I''d say Its pretty clear that they were at one point intended to be part of the base game. There's no chance we'll have to pay for this.

Or they want to go the splatoon route purposefully and bring stuff out over a year or two to keep things interesting.

And every single island has a secret beach.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like some solid content if this ends up being true, the absence of these features becomes pretty apparent once you get to the stage where KK visits.

I'm also curious to see if they make any QoL changes - specifically to the terrible crafting system.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
they need to improve menus + shopping experience. trying to visit and island is annoying having to go through the text/options. just have a list of options and let me pick straight away. why can i only buy 1 of each clothing item at a time? say i want 3 hats. i need to buy 1, exit, re enter, buy another, exit, re enter, buy another. same for buying stuff from Nook's Cranny. let me buy multiple items without the dialogue.

maybe they should work on that before putting new features in.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
lol at anyone even considering the idea that this content will be paid DLC. It's pretty obvious that New Horizons is taking the Splatoon approach by including new features via free updates.

A lot of this info was already datamined closer to launch; but all of the stuff that could reasonably fit in the Earth Day update (bushes, vegetables, cooking and the new gardening menu/interface) is news to me. Guess it won't be long until we see some of this stuff make it into the game, since Earth Day is this week.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
lol at anyone even considering the idea of this content being paid DLC. It's pretty obvious that New Horizons is taking the Splatoon approach by including new features via free updates.

A lot of this info was already datamined closer to launch; but all of the stuff that could reasonably fit in the Earth Day update (bushes, vegetables, cooking and the new gardening menu/interface) is news to me. Guess it won't be long until we see some of this stuff make it into the game, since Earth Day is this week.
Yea. It also makes more sense why they would wait for even adding in more nookling upgrades since they know they can't stop people from time traveling. They had to put one in the base game, but made it a month for any non TTers. I expect them to eventually get all the way to the emporium or one like it again. There probably will be some other stuff not from the datamine but added later. Like there is no way the nintendo items aren't brought back at some point. Plus Kapp'n has to come back.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol at anyone even considering the idea that this content will be paid DLC. It's pretty obvious that New Horizons is taking the Splatoon approach by including new features via free updates.

I think we haven't even reached the Splatoon approach yet tbh. Right now the developers are catching up to content that was almost assuredly planned for launch and they didn't make it.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they going to put item like in new leaf, you couls get a mario kart, link sword, tri force :) but having another nook upgrade is awsome with musuem

Oct 27, 2017

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
All these features seem great. It is also great there seem to be completely new things.
Right now I think what the game miss the most is special characters who are residents.
Most SC just come and go. NL had a better ratio and I think it created a stronger "you living in a community" feeling in the end.
The dream would be everything coming in the April update.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yea. It also makes more sense why they would wait for even adding in more nookling upgrades since they know they can't stop people from time traveling. They had to put one in the base game, but made it a month for any non TTers. I expect them to eventually get all the way to the emporium or one like it again. There probably will be some other stuff not from the datamine but added later. Like there is no way the nintendo items aren't brought back at some point. Plus Kapp'n has to come back.
I'm sure there will be more future additions beyond the current datamined info, yeah (none of the future holiday stuff is in the game yet, and those are already confirmed). If you really needed any confirmation of that, the full Twitter thread mentions that references to a 'WOffice' location were added after 1.1, so they're definitely working on more than we currently know.

In regards to future Nook's Cranny upgrades, I wouldn't be surprised if the datamined second upgrade included Leif and a more fleshed-out gardening section; possibly tied to the Earth Day update. Though, most players should only be getting the first upgrade this week, so they might not put out the next one so fast.

They will probably make a big deal about reincorporating the Nintendo items (and hopefully the Nintendo crossover villagers from New Leaf too); and with Redd adding a use for the secret beach, i'm sure Kapp'n will be tied to the dock that every island has.