• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via Media Matters:
LOU DOBBS (HOST): In all seriousness here, you said that you would prefer -- you implied, at least, you would prefer he not declare a national emergency. I think it's the only way forward here. He is -- otherwise, there's not going to be a solution.

DOBBS: But I really believe that the way forward here is for him to declare a national emergency, and simply sweep aside the recalcitrant left in this country. They have -- they have obstructed, resisted, and subverted for far too long.
Video in the link above. Full steam to fascism up ahead!

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
What ws stopping them from getting this done when they held the Senate and house?

Am I crazy?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the part in the story where the Republic dies and the Empire begins. Would Trump be as politically savvy as Augustus in what he calls himself?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
re·cal·ci·trant
/rəˈkalsətrənt/
adjective

1. 1.
    having an obstinately uncooperative attitude toward authority or discipline.
    "a class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds"

I'll give it to Lou - he knows this is more about obeying Trump than actually securing a border. The GoP is recalcitrant in that fact.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
for "far too long"? Haven't they only had any semblance of power for the last week or so? If it was an emergency, he had 2 years to do something about with no pushback. Dobbs and Trump need to be thrown in the dementia ward together.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
They have -- they have obstructed, resisted, and subverted for far too long.

Seriously, people forgive them too soon. Remember just a few years ago when they stole a Supreme Court seat by refusing to vote on a replacement for no reason other than "The current president won't serve forever so he shouldn't have a say in this decision?"

Fucking Democrats, always obstructing.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
re·cal·ci·trant
/rəˈkalsətrənt/
adjective

1. 1.
    having an obstinately uncooperative attitude toward authority or discipline.
    "a class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds"

I'll give it to Lou - he knows this is more about obeying Trump than actually securing a border. The GoP is recalcitrant in that fact.
I wonder how these same Republicans would have reacted had Obama done what they're suggesting in the face of the Republican obstruction he faced 🤔

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Was Lou Dobbs the one who did that weird mispronunciation of a Mexican city? "The city of Rassilhaaaaa"

Anyway, fuck this guy and the rest of the Fox News people. A prominent politician needs to call them out as Trump's policy makers, pretend Hannity is the actual President or something. Something that gets under Trump's thin skin basically.

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else starting to perceive The Wall as some nebulous term and not an actual physical object being discussed? It has lost all meaning to me.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The second Trump declares a national emergency to get wall funding, he opens the door for a Democratic president to do the same in order to enforce gun regulations, establish universal healthcare, etc etc

And if a dumb schlub like me knows that, I would have to assume a bunch of republican lawmakers know that too and would want to stop him from doing this

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, I don't even know what that means.
tumblr_pcrpoapflt1v2rjei6j.gif

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Ah yes, a perfect precedent for the next time single payer, daca, assault weapon bans try to pass the house

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
The dope had two years to get a wall from the Republicans and they didn't want it to be part of their legacy. Trying this with a Democrat congress following a wave election is possibly the worst dealmaking decision of his Presidency.

I hope he goes the emergency powers route. It will be a disaster.