• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
He really needs to stop trying to suprise people with his shtick unnanounced. Isnt that what got him in trouble in the first place.

I only remember this guy from when he dropped the n bomb in his standup over a decade ago. Surprised he's still at it.
Yeah his open use of the n word always bothered me.

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
Ever since we moved to RestEra we've had inaccurate thread titles here and there... MUCH MORE than I remember from GAF. Are these new members from other forums?

At Gaf members knew better than try to trick or deceive their fellow members. We are supposed to help each other avoid fake shit from sites... not spread it. Imo.

People want others to read their shit they don't care if they start a flame war or are shitty people to achieve this.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Oh right, I guess I'm defending what he did now, despite saying outright that I'm not and it was wrong and fuck that.

I'm saying that being pissed off he didn't bring it up IN A STAND UP COMEDY ROUTINE is fucking moronic, especially as you know damn well you'd be even more pissed off if he did. Get that into your head.

Ah, I am a trasparent moron for being pissed off that he showed his face this early, despite being a sex offender ought to be felon, and not mentioning any of that during his comeback.

Your feedback is really useful, especially the part where you assumed that any attempt at a genuine apology would have been instantly discarded by me.

But you're not defending him, you're just calling me a moron for citing some facts.

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I am a trasparent moron for being pissed off that he showed his face this early, despite being a sex offender ought to be felon, and not mentioning any of that during his comeback.

Your feedback is really useful, especially the part where you assumed that any attempt at a genuine apology would have been instantly discarded by me.

But you're not defending him, you're just calling me a moron for citing some facts.

I'm calling you a moron for wanting something as serious as an apology over sexual assault and indecent exposure to be part of a collection of jokes meant to make people laugh.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since we moved to ResetEra we've had inaccurate thread titles here and there... MUCH MORE than I remember from GAF. Are these new members from other forums?

At Gaf members knew better than try to trick or deceive their fellow members. We are supposed to help each other avoid fake shit from sites... not spread it. Imo.

It's the title of the article ffs, learn to read the actual links in the OP before posting.

lmao what the hell? what a bizarre way of framing a comedian doing comedy in a comedy club for people who paid to see exactly that

His slot was a surprise appearance. No one actually paid to see him.

I'm calling you a moron for wanting something as serious as an apology over sexual assault and indecent exposure to be part of a collection of jokes meant to make people laugh.

They're not a moron for wanting that, but you are being a jerk ITT. Cool it.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I can't say I'm a fan of the man and I fully believe his actions should have a greater impact on his career than they apparently do, but I'm also rather bothered by the way the article frames the entire thing to create a narrative about an unhappy audience unanimously rejecting the performer.

It's not what happened and we should be very, very worried about being spoon fed news this way, even if they conform to what we'd like to hear.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
It's the title of the article ffs, learn to read the actual links in the OP before posting.

So what? I've heard this excuse before with inaccurate thread titles.

You can have the article title in the thread if you want, but as far as the title that we see when scrolling....there's no need to deceive your fellow members, if that's what the article's author is trying to do to the rest of the internet with their misleading title.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So what? I've heard this excuse before with inaccurate thread titles.

You can have the article title in the thread if you want, but as far as the title that we see when scrolling....there's no need to deceive, if that's what the article's author is trying to do with their title.

So they post the title of the article because it's accurate in terms of what was actually written and we read it and discover for ourselves.

This isn't hard and your little rant is ridiculous.

Oct 26, 2017
The desire for an apparently beloved assaulter to apologize in the most obvious and public of ways makes me a moron?

Yes. Thinking that making an apology into a fucking comedy bit is moronic, and makes it mean less than nothing. That stage, that venue is for comedians to do comedy. Apologising to random attendees is worthless to those who he harmed and those who supported him for all those years without knowing who/what he really was. And while I'm sure you're horribly hurt by being called a moron, you're insinuating that I'm fine with what he did because he's a comedian.

Just because he appeared on a stage in front of whoever happened to be there that night does not make that a good time or place for an apology. He's fucking Louis CK, he could use the press or social media to do so in an actual meaningful way.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Thinking that making an apology into a fucking comedy bit is moronic, and makes it mean less than nothing. That stage, that venue is for comedians to do comedy. Apologising to random attendees is worthless to those who he harmed and those who supported him for all those years without knowing who/what he really was. And while I'm sure you're horribly hurt by being called a moron, you're insinuating that I'm fine with what he did because he's a comedian.

Just because he appeared on a stage in front of whoever happened to be there that night does not make that a good time or place for an apology. He's fucking Louis CK, he could use the press or social media to do so in an actual meaningful way.

Stop calling people morons for a start? Not sure why you thinking you're right about his makes that ok.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
So they post the title of the article because it's accurate in terms of what was actually written and we read it and discover for ourselves.

This isn't hard and your little rant is ridiculous.

I love how you can't end your posts without throwing personal jabs. It's kind of cute. Consistent, but cute.

Oct 26, 2017
Stop calling people morons for a start? Not sure why you thinking you're right about his makes that ok.

Treating anyone who thinks tacking an apology onto a comedy routine (performed in front of a closed group of people unrelated to the sexual assault he committed) is in no way appropriate as somehow supporting his sexual assault isn't cool either. That's a far more fucking ugly accusation than being dismissed as having a moronic opinion.

This whole thing reeks of this social media driven need to see apologies and repentance, regardless of whether it's even directed at the people it should be.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People in this thread acting like CK is forcing this on them like it's Clockwork Orange or some shit.

7aRQwqq77srl.jpg

This article is the worst kind of click bait outrage serving only to obfuscate actual events and spreads more anger. Liberal minded people shouldn't be resorting to these Conservative tactics. It's a race to the bottom.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
"unhappy audience"

Crowd cheers when he's announced and when he says hello on stage.

giphy.gif

Benita

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Simply copy/pasting the title of the article is no excuse for a shitty thread title.

If I just want to read news articles as written, I can consult an RSS feed. If the aim of this board is to have an informed discussion then we should be calling out clickbait like this.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017

His slot was a surprise appearance. No one actually paid to see him.

They're not a moron for wanting that, but you are being a jerk ITT. Cool it.

As has been said, the Comedy Cellar regularly allows their more famous alumni to do these types of walk-on appearances. It's been part of their deal for decades. I mean, the whole opening of his show was literally a reenactment of this practice.

A few women left.

How many people does this venue hold ?

Not that many. It's literally a basement.

Starvigil

Oct 30, 2017
The next few years will be interesting. It's good that we're calling out bad behavior. But right now people also tend to put everyone in the same pile, no matter what they did.
So I'm interested in how the path of redemption might/ will look like for people like Louis C.K.
Some people might think they should be gone forever, but we also let criminals out of prison and let them get jobs.
It's a difficult subject, and it's easy to say "fuck him forever", but it's fair to ask what they are supposed to do after. The only thing he knows how to do is comedy so ofc he's gonna try to get back to that.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The funny man makes me laugh, so I don't care that he harrassed women and got his manager to ruin those same women's careers

Haha, I love you funny man. I'd never abandon you, funny man.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
He's scum but he is also going to get another comedy special in the next 2 years. it'll bomb but somebody will take that chance based on all the money he made in the past.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The next few years will be interesting. It's good that we're calling out bad behavior. But right now people also tend to put everyone in the same pile, no matter what they did.
So I'm interested in how the path of redemption might/ will look like for people like Louis C.K.
Some people might think they should be gone forever, but we also let criminals out of prison and let them get jobs.
It's a difficult subject, and it's easy to say "fuck him forever", but it's fair to ask what they are supposed to do after. The only thing he knows how to do is comedy so ofc he's gonna try to get back to that.

How about he doesn't get to be a comedian any more? The consequences of him exposing himself to women and ruining their lives and careers is that his own career is over.

He is still rich, he could do other jobs.

And he hasn't made amends. He's said he was sorry, went away for a little while, and is now trying to slowly build his career again.

He wasn't actually punished, not really. And what has he actually done to make amends?

Men like him don't have to. They do something like this, say sorry, take a hiatus, and carry on like nothing happened. And this is why people are upset.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Downplaying allegations of abuse and antagonizing other members
"A couple of people walked out" means nothing at a comedy show. That happens ALL the time. None of the people who walked out were interviewed in this article.

The narrative being pushed is not what's happening. This is trash reporting.

How about he doesn't get to be a comedian any more? The consequences of him exposing himself to women and ruining their lives and careers is that his own career is over.

He is still rich, he could do other jobs.

And he hasn't made amends. He's said he was sorry, went away for a little while, and is now trying to slowly build his career again.

He wasn't actually punished, not really. And what has he actually done to make amends?

Men like him don't have to. They do something like this, say sorry, take a hiatus, and carry on like nothing happened. And this is why people are upset.

Ruining their lives? You can't be serious.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Oh right, I guess I'm defending what he did now, despite saying outright that I'm not and it was wrong and fuck that.

I'm saying that being pissed off he didn't bring it up IN A STAND UP COMEDY ROUTINE is fucking moronic, especially as you know damn well you'd be even more pissed off if he did. Get that into your head.

He shouldn't be allowed to do stand up comedy routines at all. The fact that he's out working consequence-free and treating the fact he's a sex offender as a big joke is not okay.