• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

absolutbro & Ty4on (7 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,289
Brazil - #1,566
Terraforce - #944
Stantastic - #1,407
Xbro - #1,410
Fantomas - #1,451
Fandorin - #1,452

Pirate Bae & malus (7 votes)
Natiko - #1,026
TheChuggernaut - #1,251
Dr. Monkey - #1,281 #1,418
Kyanrute - #1,345
Fran - #1,453
empressdonna - #1,456
rac - #1,461
Vincent Alexander - #1,481

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (6 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156 #737
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365
Stuart444 - #533 #1,118
FluxWaveZ - #1,318
Dr. Monkey - #1,418
malus - #1,430
CoolestSpot - #1,445
Pirate Bae - #1,448

Dr. Monkey & Stuart444 (2 votes)
Fran - #275 #1,453
Sorian - #356 #1,477
Fantomas - #440 #1,037
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535 #1,289
Geno - #729
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,113

Brazil & FluxWaveZ (2 votes)
absolutbro - #1,458
Sorian - #1,477

Fran & Fandorin (1 votes)
SkyOdin - #1,547
Kalor - #1,321 #1,474

B-Dubs & Sorian (1 votes)
Fandorin - #1,385 #1,452
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142 #742
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535
Stuart444 - #1,118

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (1 votes)
Verelios - #349
Dr. Monkey - #776 #1,206
Fantomas - #1,037 #1,168

Apollo & Verelios (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #1,423

TheChuggernaut & SkyOdin (1 votes)
Apollo - #1,027
CoolestSpot - #802 #1,445

rac & Vincent Alexander (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397
Kalor - #1,474

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140 #802

Natiko & Terraforce (0 votes)
Fantomas - #1,168 #1,369

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (0 votes)
Geno - #145 #729
Terraforce - #149 #944
empressdonna - #290 #1,355
Natiko - #742 #1,026

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Kalor - #1,296 #1,321

Not voting: B-Dubs, Ty4on, Reki, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 137 Stuart444: 128 Sorian: 126 Dr. Monkey: 90 Geno: 83 Natiko: 83 Fantomas: 61 Terraforce: 60 CoolestSpot: 59 Pirate Bae: 53 Fran: 51 Verelios: 45 TheChuggernaut: 44 Kalor: 40 Kyanrute: 32 Z-Beat: 31 FluxWaveZ: 27 Fandorin: 27 Brazil: 27 absolutbro: 26 Stantastic: 25 Ty4on: 22 Reki: 20 B-Dubs: 20 SkyOdin: 20 empressdonna: 19 rac: 19 Funky Dude Sparks: 17 flatearthpandas: 14 Vincent Alexander: 12 Xbro: 11 malus: 10 Zippedpinhead: 9 Apollo: 5

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
By the way I agree with Pirate Bae's mentality of voting with your partner, since basically that's the only other player you can trust 100%. It seems like it won't be the case for us, but It'd be nice to hear others' opinions about this matter, especially considering FluxWaveZ's line of thought about mafia partners feeling more disconnected from their couples.
I did think about the possibility of collectively establishing a rule that we should all vote along with our partners, in order to make votes appear less chaotic and prevent scum manipulation with them being able to split their votes wherever they want to.

Right now, I don't feel strongly about needing to vote alongside Brazil, but it's true that voting with your partner reduces the potential of being swayed by people trying to move things behind the scenes.
You do not want to lynch us, I promise.
I remember this chapter.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I keep thinking 7 votes is a lot for the leaders at this stage until I remember exactly how many players are in this game.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I did think about the possibility of collectively establishing a rule that we should all vote along with our partners, in order to make votes appear less chaotic and prevent scum manipulation with them being able to split their votes wherever they want to.
Not really possible with timezones. My partner is asleep so far as I know. Lots of folks' partners are MIA.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Ctrl + F "Sorian"

But really, you name dropped me as the example for that point and I would have addressed that point regardless of who you used there. Do I think you missed something? No, but mostly because we don't know any alignments yet, I think that post will actually he super helpful when half those people are dead. I still don't think Monkey and Stu were ever in real danger and I sat on the vote as long as I did because I wanted to see how the legs on it were kicked out, a lot of people did it in a short amount of tome though so can't really point at anyone who did anything super awkward.
If you wanted to address the point you could have at least included the bit where I mention they're bad votes if they're the final votes from those players. I stand by that too - players seeing those wagons building and voting elsewhere, if they ultimately elect to stay elsewhere, will look bad.

As for leaving the Monkey train - I mentioned it in relation to Fran because his departure essentially killed that train, but it didn't feel forced how he did it. To me it seems more like the other wagons just outgrew it as opposed to people fleeing.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
It does sound like some sort of genuine claim. The only question is whether or not it is a real town claim or supplied mafia fake claim.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What was the case for Kitsu and Kalor again? Kitsu's play in regards to her scum meta + her content is lacking? Did Kalor do something? My view was that Kitsu was kk and had IRL reasons for the drop in quantity and I am not familiar with her meta. Kalor on the other hand has been more present than expected, what while odd, is not imo enough for a reason for voting there.

Would be interested in Feps' view on the situation, that early vote still being there raises some eyebrows.
For me, it really comes down to Kitsune's behavior, and not even the change in post frequency. I just didn't like the outright defensiveness and trying to incriminate others based on little. Kalor still hasn't really stood out to me, though he's becoming more active as the day has been winding down.

Though, I am uncertain about this vote. There's a certain Pirate Malus vs Katsune thing going on, which makes me wonder if it's town vs town or something else. Honestly, I think I'm fine with either of the 3 current leader duos being lynched.
Not really possible with timezones. My partner is asleep so far as I know. Lots of folks' partners are MIA.
It would make it so that voting is less fluid and dynamic, and more about coordination in our boat chats before both players coming out and stating the justification behind their vote. I don't think it would be impossible, but it would require a change in how we're playing this, and it might not be one that most would appreciate.

However, I'm trying to determine if enforcing this would actually be for the best. With the amount of players and the partner system, it's really easy for scum to distance themselves from each other and their partners, and place votes with the basis that they don't need to follow what their partner is doing. If we can prevent this from making it mandatory for partners to vote together, then that could actually be beneficial.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Going by people's responses, has Pirate Bae fakeclaimed before or something. I'm a little out of the loop here.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of get kitsune's pair earning a lot of votes but honestly I'm pretty lost about Pirate Bae's pair and AB's pair? Especially the latter.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It does sound like some sort of genuine claim. The only question is whether or not it is a real town claim or supplied mafia fake claim.
Especially when Bae fake-claimed cop and lived for a few phases because of it in MafiEra. Similar wind-up as I recall.

That doesn't mean it couldn't be true here. It does mean there are grains of salt just littering everything.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it is complete bullshit, you aren't going to find me lynching the PR claim on day 1. You all have fun with the "ive seen this one before" jokes.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

I have a tale to tell you: During Mafiera Pirate Bae was scumreaded by several of us and when she was in danger of being lynched she claimed cop. Everyone decided to not lynch her and she spend the next 3 days claiming that she was blocked. Our neapolitan discovered that she was lying and was scum.

Remember when I said that she felt too close to how she played in Mafiera? This too.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It would make it so that voting is less fluid and dynamic, and more about coordination in our boat chats before both players coming out and stating the justification behind their vote. I don't think it would be impossible, but it would require a change in how we're playing this, and it might not be one that most would appreciate.

However, I'm trying to determine if enforcing this would actually be for the best. With the amount of players and the partner system, it's really easy for scum to distance themselves from each other and their partners, and place votes with the basis that they don't need to follow what their partner is doing. If we can prevent this from making it mandatory for partners to vote together, then that could actually be beneficial.
I see what you're saying but my partner and I have very different voting philosophies so I think I would hate it.

Perhaps a discussion for tomorrow and not at EoD.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Skimming over what I missed, but I'm really out of it right now. I feel confident where my vote lies so that works out. Given the chance I would need to reread over Baelus. They weren't giving me weird vibes at all from the posts I recall, but I could be wrong of course. They definitely don't come across as more of offenders than Ty/B-Dubs imo.

Oct 26, 2017
As it stands right now, I feel like most of the discussion about why people are voting Pirate Bae has happened in pair's private chats, rather than in open discussion. As such, the reasoning feels opaque to me.
In our defense, we posted our reasoning from our private chat. So we're at least trying to bring it out here. Has anyone else hidden behind "we chatted in private" and not posted in here? If so, I'd be calling it out.

Some of those voters (and some voters in general) have votes down but haven't actually much engaged in the last 24 hours. It's a big game, so there's going to be some of that, but it's worth noting. I would have expected a little more from Vincent since he's feeling better, maybe, and donna (how's she?), around vote time. rac posted some of his on request but I don't think anyone who wanted it followed up with him. Kalor sure didn't.
Yeah...sorry. I am better. Unfortunately, getting better means I had to go back to stupid work, so it's been tough to get much of anything going. I've been hoping to get past day 1 since there seems to be good scum hunting going on without me. Then I can reset and be fully and properly engaged day 2. I am here and reading everything though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Probably shouldn't lynch the PR claim. I don't think there's any evidence strong enough to make me want to overlook the claim and still lynch them.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Sorry for the longish absence, I'm back and hope to still be around for EOD unlike how I was feeling earlier.

Because of this, let me get some thoughts on the current trains down:

Kits/Kalor: I don't see myself voting for this today unless shenanigans happen before EOD. My feelings on both are a town lean right now, part of that is related to what I said before on thinking stu v kits was town v town.

Pirate Bae/Malus: I've never actually played with pirate bae which makes this pairing a little hard for me to gauge. I put my trust into my boatmate when placing my vote here earlier, especially as at the time, I was unsure how I'd feel later and I knew my feelings about coolest weren't enough reason to keep my vote there.

Ty4on/absolutbro: I'm not really sure how I feel about these two, and while I'm cutting it close to EOD, now I feel a little better I'll go and reread them quickly to see if that gives me a better insight.

donna (how's she?), around vote time

I'm feeling a little bit better, though still not 100%. Hoping this is the tail end of the issues :(.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: Ty4on

As much as this feels like the same shtick to a tee from MafiEra, I scumread Ty as well and my partner has been more convinced on that boat for awhile now.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PR claim is w/e to me. Could be real could be fake but it's even less reason to vote in that direction for sure. Kitsunelaine/Kalor is the only real viable choice of the vote leaders for me at this point. I agree with Kyanrute on the AB vote seeming like an easy vote. Kitsunelaine has been a really present topic of discussion throughout the day and Kalor came up in Vere and I's chat as somebody to keep an eye on so I feel like there's at least some basis for going with them? Whereas even after skimming through the thread I have very little clue why we'd go with AB. And I think some of the votes on them definitely reflect that, which is never a good sign

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is the same shtick, you're going to get the same claim too from the looks of things. Apparently you thought this game was going to dig out old Love Boat 2 wounds but instead the wounds will be of the MafiEra variety.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When someone says "you really don't want to lynch me" they are likely insinuating they are an important PR. Bae is a smart player so it's good enough to assume she is aware of the implication.
But it's also possible for [layers can coast for a while based on such false claims. I don't know about immediately claiming that what she's saying is a lie, but I also agree with people like Fran that a lot of her play has been reminiscent of MafiEra, including this new development.

It's giving benefit of the doubt when it can just be simply scum doing anything they can to stay alive when they're currently on the chopping block.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ok malus was more inclined to lunch Dr. Stu at some point but then moved to Kitsunelaine and Kalor due to the change in activity levels looking fishy. I'm... not sure that's a good enough reason? Especially with Kitsunelaine excusing herself and Kalor being more present now. So that's where my vote would be.

But the soft claim could get the couple night-killed.

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all, sorry I kind of fell off the map. Was planning to engage more yesterday, but ended up not feeling too well and just passing out. Seems like all the sleep schedule stuff might be catching

Oct 26, 2017
When someone says "you really don't want to lynch me" they are likely insinuating they are an important PR. Bae is a smart player so it's good enough to assume she is aware of the implication.
Ah...that makes sense. That claim almost seems so obvious that I can't help but go back-and-forth on whether that is a townie or scum move....

UNVOTE

I was fine following my partner...but I kind of what to see if Bae survives the night. If she really has a PR, Mafia couldn't afford to leave her alone, even for the sake of trying to get us to run a train on her D2.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But it's also possible for [layers can coast for a while based on such false claims. I don't know about immediately claiming that what she's saying is a lie, but I also agree with people like Fran that a lot of her play has been reminiscent of MafiEra, including this new development.

It's giving benefit of the doubt when it can just be simply scum doing anything they can to stay alive when they're currently on the chopping block.

And? It's day 1, the reasoning behind all the votes are varying levels of trash, we've had plenty of scum fake claim day 1 and I don't think they've made it to end game a single time. I'll take the gamble personally.

Strange, I don't think I have any of those.

I mean, I didn't say that had to be your wounds specifically.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah...that makes sense. That claim almost seems so obvious that I can't help but go back-and-forth on whether that is a townie or scum move....

UNVOTE

I was fine following my partner...but I kind of what to see if Bae survives the night. If she really has a PR, Mafia couldn't afford to leave her alone, even for the sake of trying to get us to run a train on her D2.

Quoted for the phrasing at the end because I'm a five year old.