• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To people whining that she wasn't killed, no shit she wasn't killed. She can't be main targeted until a protective role dies first or there's risk of scum losing their kill. This isn't new.

I thought that was weird. This was one of my thoughts too, and I assumed people more experienced than me would've gotten this as well, and I can't think of anything town-beneficial that would come from asking. It felt like an attempt to indirectly fish for roles.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas and Natiko

What do you guys think of CS' vote and sudden reasons for it.

Joke sounding vote to

I think you were scum and acting the same as last time if memory is correct

then finally, "Oh, here is my reasoning"

Feels very weird to me.
I've seen Coolest make some dramatic votes in the past too, but I've only seen him as Town. It isn't the best look, but I'd probably call it NAI. I'm more concerned about Z-Beat in that pair so far tbh.
Genuinely think Stu is justified in being upset here.
Same.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
How is what I said shitty? I did it to push Stu to the limit in the hopes of him rolling over today. I saw an opportunity with his D1 play and decided to play it. The only reason I have to ruin the plan is because you guys will now think I'm a shitty human being.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit Kalors last words were to look at us Z-beat
yeah well that's what Blair told the others in The Thing and look what happened to them
tumblr_lhtotc4ghq1qg39ewo1_500.gif

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once and if I have an analysis ready I'll post it. I somehow don't feel the urge to announce that I'm leaving open avenues of doubt against literally every player before even looking into it.
Why
The
Fuck
Are
You
So
QUIET

Are you john krasinski? Are you fucking Emily blunt? You got 2 kids? No? Okay. Then the fuck? I'm busy catching up, but Brazil, honey, every game I been in with you, you're the nest townie with sucise reads that you are almost an automatic town leader. To see you sit back like this is odd to me, and I assume is cause you got another chat off site, a special role, or trying to shake up the RP style for your partner to make things exciting.

Still baby...talk to us.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The push at day end for kitslor was not natural. After Bae's hints there was a clear impetus for people to move their votes to other scumreads, but instead we saw Sorian pull the fire alarm and suddenly completely walk back a scumread he had on Tybro and started urging people to move their votes. It was 10-5 in favor of Tybro at the time, and then suddenly we see Tybro, Sorian, Vere/Apollo, and Fanto/Zipped all stack their votes (with kyan coming in late to try and avoid a tie). Ty's play was a mirror of his scum game just last game. He was saved at day and, likely by other scum as well.
Yeah it's crazy how quickly Kitsulor rose to the top. It's unsettling, especially Sorian's flip flop as we talked about in our chat. Same for Fanto, who I previously townread. I missed the EoD so there's some content I'm still catching up on, but it's those last moments in particular that deserve the most scrutiny. I left thinking Tybro was a shoo in, but clearly I misjudged some people.

Vote: Absolutebro

If Tybro flip scum, then S-Dubs and Fantipped, y'all are next, particularly the former pair. I've been preaching on how Ty/B-Dubs have been giving off bad vibes and doing minimal contribution to discussion only to be ignored. We can't just let people fly under the radar like this.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Full claim time.

Malus and I are one shot cops. Banjo and Tooty.

Something happened to me last night. It was towny. I genuinely believe it's a town role and I have no fears about it. For future note.

Oct 26, 2017
How is what I said shitty? I did it to push Stu to the limit in the hopes of him rolling over today. I saw an opportunity with his D1 play and decided to play it. The only reason I have to ruin the plan is because you guys will now think I'm a shitty human being.
Really think we all shouldn't dwell on it too much, but I'll just say your comment didn't seem shitty to me.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, what geno said was kinda shitty. What is even the piint of playing this game if we aren't going to talk about stuff.
To add to this, too many times Geno has done to me when I was town. He thinks he knows best when often that's far from the case.

Though cocky Geno is generally town Geno, so I think him kinda being an ass helps his case lol

Oct 26, 2017
Full claim time.

Something happened to me last night. It was towny. I genuinely believe it's a town role and I have no fears about it. For future note.
I appreciate you claiming today like you said you would yesterday. You doing so before anyone had to pry it out makes me believe this claim more.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Natiko as for me switching my vote at EoD, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat influenced by Sorian's words even though I shouldn't be, but it was also by some of the reads that were coming in on them later. As for the line I had about there being some better reads on Kits/Kalor showing up, that was adding on to a post I had made earlier that was saying I would need some convincing to go that way, because a lot of the votes there at that time were coming in without much reasoning behind them, compared to what I thought were some more well thought out reads later on, at least for D1.

I still don't have any different thoughts about Ty/AB, though with Ty subbing out that read on him won't be able to evolve much. I'm not sure if I want to just chase the same D1 lead again now on D2 right away though, since that hasn't worked out well for us in recent games.
Could you grab the arguments people made that suddenly had you more convinced that kitslor was more likely to be scum than Tybro?

RIP Frandorin :-\

I put my early vote down thinking I wouldn't be there EoD. I stuck with it until I had to vote for self preservation. I cannot speak for Ty. Our boat chat wasn't much of a help either, other than echoing his post in the game thread that he had been afk all day.

Not sure why. There was only the one real claim of any kind, and that pair was likely to draw every town PR that could do anything helpful. If they stay alive, well, either they're scum or scum has a roleblocker they're content to park on Bae until another PR comes along.
I'm going to side eye it until there's some amount of proof that she's telling the truth. It would be different if we didn't know she had pulled this exact move as scum before. It's not a 'today' problem though.

The answer to both of these is pure peer pressure, I did whatever I could to get people off the AB/Ty vote.

Uh huh, sure, townie Sorian has never been sure of a day 1 town read based on votes. Never happens. Too many people thought AB/Ty were the correct vote after Bae softed, that's not town accidentally walking all over a scum.

----

In regards to stuff about Pirate Bae , cool, you got you're 1 day of leeway, time to claim whatever you want to claim with result if applicable. To people whining that she wasn't killed, no shit she wasn't killed. She can't be main targeted until a protective role dies first or there's risk of scum losing their kill. This isn't new.

----

Just throwing out there that I'm interested in you now too Natiko , your agenda is hot start of day today.

I'm still starting here though

VOTE: Dr. Monkey

Please, have more outrage and faux worry today about how you might get voted out.
I'd rather hear you present an actual argument instead of just casting shade with no reasoning - even though that's apparently your M.O. this game.

Fantomas and Natiko

What do you guys think of CS' vote and sudden reasons for it.

Joke sounding vote to

I think you were scum and acting the same as last time if memory is correct

then finally, "Oh, here is my reasoning"

Feels very weird to me.
Yeah, his sudden vote isn't great. I already wasn't impressed by z-beat (which his vote being parked out on Apollo/Vere is pretty weak too)

What if we lynch Sorian first and then AB when he is scum?
Not sure why we'd go with that order other than just to spite Sorian (which has its own level of appeal, but doesn't have any real fundamental reasoning behind it).

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Full claim time.

This is weird. Dunno which is more weird though, whatever you're alluding to happened to you, or the lack of a confirmation on your shot. I'm guessing you scanned town since you didn't immediately put a vote down.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
To add to this, too many times Geno has done to me when I was town. He thinks he knows best when often that's far from the case.

Though cocky Geno is generally town Geno, so I think him kinda being an ass helps his case lol
To be fair I only did this twice, once because I had a red check on you which is fair and second in marvel, no excuse there, I was plain wrong.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Geno often tries to heat players up and think it helps interrogate them or some crap, or even ignore them because they MUST be scum and he has the puzzle figured.

First time he did this with me he got himself and say killed, and thats one of my favorite moments so far, so...

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, he did this to Vere in a game I was in once, and then I shot Geno and he was town so I agree with your point here.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Geno often tries to heat players up and think it helps interrogate them or some crap, or even ignore them because they MUST be scum and he has the puzzle figured.

First time he did this with me he got himself and say killed, and thats one of my favorite moments so far, so...
Ignoring a player makes them more frustrated at you which raises the chances of them rolling over or answering a question wrong. It is a valid strategy.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Full claim time.

Deja vu lol Anything further to reveal or?

Vincent Alexander when you asked why bae didn't die, what were you expecting as an answer?

Got a very polite "You're going to die" message during that night phase.
From another player or like a poison type thing?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Could you grab the arguments people made that suddenly had you more convinced that kitslor was more likely to be scum than Tybro?
I wasn't really convinced that either were more likely to be Scum than the other, it was that both seemed like fine enough D1 cases, and at the time when I'd switched my vote I was somewhat buying into Sorian's narrative as well. Off the top of my head, I know Vere made what seemed like a legit case against them when he showed up, and I'd been leaning townish on him and Apollo.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really convinced that either were more likely to be Scum than the other, it was that both seemed like fine enough D1 cases, and at the time when I'd switched my vote I was somewhat buying into Sorian's narrative as well. Off the top of my head, I know Vere made what seemed like a legit case against them when he showed up, and I'd been leaning townish on him and Apollo.
You have to know that doesn't instill confidence when just before you switched you said you were fine with Ty going. Your vote swap and Zipped (presumably) parroting you is what swung the vote to kitslor. If you sit and Zipped still follows you Tybro are gone instead.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dId8gZN.jpg

You two are on the scum team, huh? We'll pour one out for you when town kills you tomorrow.

Last edited:

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring a player makes them more frustrated at you which raises the chances of them rolling over or answering a question wrong. It is a valid strategy.
It's also a jerk move, and make you look more like scummy dick at teams

And its also got you hung by dick some days so dunno why you keep at it

But lets drop it

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any reason you're asking me and not all the others who've pondered the same question? But to answer: I had no expectations.
You seemed the most inquisitive in the final hours of D1
but I kind of what to see if Bae survives the night. If she really has a PR, Mafia couldn't afford to leave her alone, even for the sake of trying to get us to run a train on her D2.

h... huh.

Is this a gambit you and CS cooked up in chat? >.>

I hope so. I could use one of those.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Full claim time.

Okay.

So it just occured to me seeing Sorian leave a vote on Monkey & Stu, I was thinking and got it into my head crossing around my reads:
I feel if Dr.Stuart is scum then Sorian likely is too, and if Sorian is Scum then Fantomas is likely also scum. But we can branch out from Dr. Stu again, and just based off of general gut reads if they're scum then SkyOdin might be scum.
So my gut reads look like this:
Dr. Stuart/Sorian--Fantomas
^--SkyOdin

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You have to know that doesn't instill confidence when just before you switched you said you were fine with Ty going. Your vote swap and Zipped (presumably) parroting you is what swung the vote to kitslor. If you sit and Zipped still follows you Tybro are gone instead.
Sure, that's probably fair to say.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
It's also a jerk move, and make you look more like scummy dick at teams

And its also got you hung by dick some days so dunno why you keep at it

But lets drop it
No we are not dropping it with you getting the final word while calling me a scummy dick. Mafia is not like other team games, mafia is built on this type of interactions between players. And also got me results a more than a few times.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No we are not dropping it with you getting the final word while calling me a scummy dick. Mafia is not like other team games, mafia is built on this type of interactions between players. And also got me results a more than a few times.

Its fine man, you heated now and upset you exposed for being an ass. Noting that the only results I've seen is you dying, dying, and uh, taking 2 players with you.

Maybe go back to the stars geno and come back to post later, you treating others like a dick as a "game tactic" is tactless...

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Its fine man, you heated now and upset you exposed for being an ass. Noting that the only results I've seen is you dying, dying, and uh, taking 2 players with you.

Maybe go back to the stars geno and come back to post later, you treating others like a dick as a "game tactic" is tactless...

Please drop this, I don't want this taking up too much of the day.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Okay.

So it just occured to me seeing Sorian leave a vote on Monkey & Stu, I was thinking and got it into my head crossing around my reads:
I feel if Dr.Stuart is scum then Sorian likely is too, and if Sorian is Scum then Fantomas is likely also scum. But we can branch out from Dr. Stu again, and just based off of general gut reads if they're scum then SkyOdin might be scum.
So my gut reads look like this:
Dr. Stuart/Sorian--Fantomas
^--SkyOdin

How did you get to if me and Monkey are scum then so is Sorian (and by extension, B-Dubs) and then lead into Fanto?