• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, with you and Xbro, it's a Process of Elimination type of thing. I'm not leaning Town on you two as much as I am on others, and so you go into the pool of possible suspects. I noticed it at EoD when thinking about where my reads were, and so that is why I voted in the places that I did in order to try to get things going besides the runaway train on S-Dubs.

If you have any questions for me, I'm perfectly fine answering them.

You can see how "well I town-read everyone else so you're one of my prime mafia candidates" is basically giving us no chance of challenging that right?

I get that a vote can get things moving, but if you're not gonna reassess any of those town reads then there's no way any of our efforts will change your perception.

I'll get to you with some questions a bit later.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
If the majority agrees I'm for it. Otherwise I won't. Not my place.

I explained twice that I think Bae revealing them would look bad. I also recall her saying she had someone to back her up and pointed at them as the people who could. It's a pocket tactic.

Tag me if needed, I will see that more easily.

There you have it.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And I was behind chat wise, but I'm so sorry Absolutbro. Had the same shit happen to me years ago and it's definitely hard times. Hope you have time to grieve and don't feel bad about dropping out if you need to.

Something's up, I don't believe both the messengers and the thieves can be town at the same time. I believe the messengers are trying to misdirect.
Between a gossip pair and messenger, I'd say the messenger is the most likely to be scum between the two. What benefit would a town messenger even provide in a game like this?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Also I am now scum reading Chuggs/Sky.

There is something about them which is making me feel bad.

I'll try and reread them later on today.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
And I have to improve the spacing in long posts, that's a disaster to look at.

My bad!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lol first use them how? Second you didn't figure out shit, I'll out them though since you seem to also know, it's Natiko/Terra.
24-240526_confused-face-png-transparent-background-confused-emoji-gif.png

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You can see how "well I town-read everyone else so you're one of my prime mafia candidates" is basically giving us no chance of challenging that right?

I get that a vote can get things moving, but if you're not gonna reassess any of those town reads then there's no way any of our efforts will change your perception.

I'll get to you with some questions a bit later.
You're still here today and can give me plenty to make my reads evolve. At that time yesterday though, something needed to happen, and a slot that has been coasting and getting called out by multiple people? Sure, I'll throw a vote that way and see what the reactions are to it. The fact that hardly anyone joined that vote, but plenty were down to join SkyChuggs when I moved there, could be a valuable data point for us if we end up with more information.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato

I explained twice that I think Bae revealing them would look bad. I also recall her saying she had someone to back her up and pointed at them as the people who could. It's a pocket tactic.

Regarding the gossips, why should we care about outing them if they are, as you say, stealing meanies and enjoying their pockets. In addition, how high do you think their potential value is to town at this point?

And I still don't get the pocket.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Glad you threw the whole argument in the trash for this small comment.
np bro

Good job that's what I said.
Unless I missed something, it's not? I was mainly agreeing with your point but the second part of that post came at it from a different angle. Misdirection is part of it sure, but I'm considering the general utility and that's why I don't see in such a role aligned with town.

Oct 25, 2017
Bae and malus have insisted on voting as a block even when their lack of timezone alignment made this a detriment. But look at their reads side by side:
t5wmXSW.png

They are not actually coordinated at all. And Bae's reads leave so many holes it looks like she's trying to do cross-stitch. She has so many scum reads, but few are particularly strong. The read on us and Brazil and Flux literally has all possible options in it, and she would vote Coolest/LP despite the double. I remember noticing that yesterday and thinking - are these reads outdated? How weird. But she was a claimed PR and I had chosen not to look at her so I didn't think about it. I should have thought about it.

Next post: her reads.

Me and Odin have been pretty suspect on Bae's claim for a bit now, but this seems like nothing. I'm not really shocked that a team of Malus and Bae wouldn't really be bouncing reads off each other. Neither of them are really high volume posters

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Geno now that you're here and active, what's your read on Fantipped? If the conspiracy vote doesn't go anywhere, I'd be far more inclined to vote them over Dr. Stu.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
oh btw, just want to say since I wasn't here at EOD.

THAT ZIP 'SLIP' THING WAS SO FUCKING STUPID.

Seriously, scum or town, that slip was NOTHING.

Town always seems to see things that aren't there. "Oh this is a slip" *person who slips flips town* "oops"
I mean, I wouldn't give it too much credit. Except for the fact that zippedpinhead did actually slip up like that in power rangers mafia. Dr. Monkey was there with me as part of scum team as we tried to deal with that and figure out whether or not to cover for zipped or vote for him.

So past experience says that it isn't impossible.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
np bro

Unless I missed something, it's not? I was mainly agreeing with your point but the second part of that post came at it from a different angle. Misdirection is part of it sure, but I'm considering the general utility and that's why I don't see in such a role aligned with town.
With misdirection I obviously meant they were scum that were misdirecting and not town. Why would town misdirect on purpose?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
What is your scum read on me?

What do you think about the posts I made about both Monkey and Natiko at the start of the day?

What do you think of Monkey and others deciding that you are Scum?

It's mostly on Zipped. I don't care about the "slip" because I don't see it as a slip at all or a scumtell. I just dont really like his parked vote right at EOD that helped doom Sorian. It kinda came out of nowhere and I've been thinking about it a lot.

I'll have to go back and review votes at EOD when I have the chance.

Can you link them?

I mean, they're wrong. But it's a well thought out argument and I can see her reasoning but I don't think it's a scumtell honestly. I don't think their push on Sorian for two days straight is something scum!Monkey would do; it's easy to see right through that when they eventually flip and she knew it would doom her. I don't reallt want to vote there today if I'm being honest. I think they're town.

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'm glad that we spend the whole game being heavily town read by Monkey/Stuart only for them to hard turn on us when Sky mentioned he was scum reading Monkey. Is very cool

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Because the messengers are more likely to be scum than the gossips.
Nope, this is what you said previously. "It may give town more info since we can then look and analyze the players and if they are townie, we cut down the amount of possible scum."
Same can be said for the thieves, like I said if you so adamantly believe scum knows their identity, then town can only GAIN from outing them, right?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, this is what you said previously. "It may give town more info since we can then look and analyze the players and if they are townie, we cut down the amount of possible scum."
Same can be said for the thieves, like I said if you so adamantly believe scum knows their identity, then town can only GAIN from outing them, right?

I said that yes, but I didn't want to outright say they are scum but people started doing it anyway.

Sometimes it's better to not say some things in order to not let scum know that we may be onto them.

something like that.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

I'm not trying to pocket them at all because I'm town. If our situations were reversed and they were on the chopping block, I'd vouch for them as town (I've said as much time and time again); I'm not looking for anything in return. Jesus.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's mostly on Zipped. I don't care about the "slip" because I don't see it as a slip at all or a scumtell. I just dont really like his parked vote right at EOD that helped doom Sorian. It kinda came out of nowhere and I've been thinking about it a lot.

I'll have to go back and review votes at EOD when I have the chance.

Can you link them?

I mean, they're wrong. But it's a well thought out argument and I can see her reasoning but I don't think it's a scumtell honestly. I don't think their push on Sorian for two days straight is something scum!Monkey would do; it's easy to see right through that when they eventually flip and she knew it would doom her. I don't reallt want to vote there today if I'm being honest. I think they're town.
I'll let Zipped respond about his vote, I don't want to put words in his mouth.

My Monkey post: https://www.resetera.com/threads/love-boat-3-mafia-ot-this-time-its-bearsonal.116855/post-21030043

My Natiko post: https://www.resetera.com/threads/love-boat-3-mafia-ot-this-time-its-bearsonal.116855/post-21030080

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some reason we can't wait a bit and see what everyone thinks on this? Because that's my position.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
We fucked up. No other way to say it. I'm sorry. And I understand if you need to vote us today; there will be a doubt that lingers and today is the last day to resolve it unless we start nailing scum. So do that if you have to. But since there's no point turboing on Hecht, please use this day to make a plan, because if you vote us today/there's another kill in the night, tomorrow is the last phase before mylo if there's 4 scum teams (you get another if there's three; you don't if it's three + neutral). So kill us. That's fine. But have a plan for after that, because we are just town and town was fucking up. Sorian and I took over the thread and we were both wrong about a lot of things and it gave scum cover.

Speaking of: I don't think Fanto and Zipped are scum. I really did almost switch. That really looked like a slip and Zipped's delayed response didn't seem great. Fanto targeting me when I wasn't the one voting him also rubbed me wrong. But I wanted to see Sorian's flip. If Sorian was scum, it was easy; he was deflecting. If he was town, it got more complicated. I spent a lot of last night looking over a few players. I do think Fanto's been weird. Brazil too. But I also think we have to give people some credit when they say they have different schedules or are trying to adjust their play. I want to give that credit here. I also think Zipped consistently gets scumread for low engagement but it's completely NAI for him. So is sloppiness in phrasing (no offense, Zipped). And Fanto's vote shifting, when a town player has a billion votes, is a very town move. Fanto and zipped are town. Fanto could have easily just justified a vote on Sorian and called it a day. He didn't.

But I know something here about Sorian: he was wrong about me and Stu, and I believe he's wrong about the gossips (I'll get there), and I think he was also wrong about Zipped. I don't blame Sorian, though, or anyone else who flipped to Zipped; I can see why you would. There is a big block in the gamestate, and it wasn't just us arguing.

Bae and malus are lying. They are not cops. They are scum.

I know Sorian tried to deflect from this already - said I was trying to set it up for today. But I really want to ask you to think it through. Especially Kyanrute, Verelios, and Natiko, who especially may know Bae best. Please look over the evidence before you kneejerk in one way or another.

I went through that WHOLE conspiracy post yesterday and there's so much evidence and I talked myself out of it because why on early would anyone pull the same trick twice? But there's nothing townie at all in the way the claim went down. There's no reason to start breadcrumbing cop in the middle of the phase. There's no reason ever to claim that you are only one shot as a cop. If you're done you can bait the kill and then laugh at scum from spec chat for removing you over someone else. But the one-shot is the new roleblocker. They confirmed someone else and Coolest/LP confirmed themselves and since Bae and malus are not that active, they won't die. The game will end before they would be a possibility for the kill. It's very smart. It's much smarter than the fake town play we have seen.

I think also this explains why Fran and Fando died despite Fando's weird EoD. Fran did not believe the claim and Fran, when convinced of something, never lets go. There are so many examples of this.

Bae not revealing the gossips was the only townie thing she's done - but revealing them would have also put heat on her. She couldn't, not if she was gonna pull off the rest of her claim. I commend the gossips for grabbing her. I hate to see that it likely worked and they townread her after.

Looking at Bae and malus - the insistence on voting as a block no matter what, the inconsistent reads (including inconsistent together) points to scum. And flipping them will unlock this game.

I'll have more in a follow-up post but if I put everything in one it'll be too easily ignored.
If I'm being honest, and this is completely mechanical, seeing the cop duo have only one shot felt kind of off to me? I can see a world where Bae was lying, and it would be as simple as saying X is town and fabricating it as scum because they know the pair are. But, that's seperate from your situation.
There are many reasons why I think Monkey is Scum, too many to fit into a single post.

Both she and Stu have exhibited an attitude of being above any and all scum reads on them. Anyone that mentions them as being scummy is immediately dismissed and any concern is thrown away.

This is something that Brazil touched on when looking back on D1 specifically, and I agree with him here:

And it's something I still found quite a bit of when looking at D2.

This last one in particular, frankly, and with no personal disrespect intended, I don't really give a shit if Monkey would feel insulted at being scum read early in a game. If she's Scum, she's Scum. Period. That's a bad argument based solely on her ego. There is absolutely no reason to believe it would be impossible for someone to correctly scum read Monkey based on the first few hours of a game. Zero.

And then another interaction here with Brazil below, which I have to say I side with Brazil again here.

And then a few more still.

This has all been a very concerted effort by the two of them to make sure everyone thinks of them as a bad lynch and that any scum reads on them are terrible and not worth entertaining. This reads as very over the top to me. Being defensive is one thing, hand-waving away every concern made about them is on a whole other level though.

Now, let's move on to some more Monkey things.

Something I have seen Scum Monkey do regularly is make "helpful" posts about how other people should go about solving the game and how to go about scum hunting. This is mind poison, because she could actually be Scum and does not want actual Scum to be found, so no one should be listening to her in-game when she does this.

A few examples, though I'm sure there are many more, but I don't want to have 100 quotes in this post:

Her read list below troubled me in more ways than one:

There is an entire section devoted to casting doubt on the claimed cops. Says that if Sorian is Town then they are probably Scum because of one post that Bae made about Sorian, and then of course wants to continue the "she fake claimed Cop as Scum last time so she is obviously Scum again" narrative, which is full of shit. It's possible, but it ultimately means nothing.

Her refusal to read Natiko and I is very troubling to me. I don't see what is so difficult about putting reads on us when she is able to put reads on everyone else in the game.

Also, look at how many times she was insistent that her reads would change "if Sorian is Town" as if she already knew this was what the outcome would be.

There was a metric shit ton of shade piled on to Sorian throughout the day that it would be impossible for me to quote it all and show how ridiculously noisy it all was, but I'm sure anyone who read the thread yesterday or reread it overnight is well aware. I'm also sure anyone here who has played with Sorian in the past is also well aware of how easy it is to get in an argument with him about literally anything, probably 10x easier when your name is Dr. Monkey.

Finally, at EoD, I found it concerning that Monkey decided to push this narrative along about the supposed "slip" even though she did not place a vote there. Now of course, this only applies to me for now since I already know that was not a slip because I know Zipped and I are Town, but it still looks shady to me and if we should die before Monkey, then I would like people to remember this so I want to get my thoughts down on that.

And then when I make a note of this, suddenly she's surprised and acts like she's had no part of this brewing narrative!

Monkey is a very smart player, I wouldn't expect her to suddenly fall for such a weak-ass observation like that, and she has also wanted Sorian dead for 2 straight day phases. Suddenly a supposed "slip" is established in the last hour of the day by her hugest Scum read, Sorian, trying to get votes off of him. Her response? "Hmmm, good point, biggest enemy! Let me just add on to this for you over my next several posts so maybe you don't die today." She would love to get another day of scum reading Sorian and arguing with him over trivial bullshit, so she'd be perfectly fine if Town decides to believe in this "slip" suddenly and swap all of their votes. She was being manipulative and infecting the thread with her mind poison, as she does when she is Scum.

Vote: Dr. Monkey

TpcEJQ2.gif
Hey, when you're right, you're right. Dr.Stu does have to go because there's so much circumstantial shit on their head that I can't see us convincingly going any other way. They're always going to be a point of contention going forward and I do not want to keep going back to it during the day.

In regards to Monkey's accusation of Baes one shot claim, what do you think?

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Is there some reason we can't wait a bit and see what everyone thinks on this? Because that's my position.
No, your words. "Scum knows the thieves, town except Geno/us does not". Give me 1 reason not to out them right now to give town some info that scum already have. You know why? Because you are scum, because you don't know the identity and don't want to throw a name out there because you are waiting for me/Bae to say so you know who to kill.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Pirate Bae & malus (4 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #3,157
Vincent Alexander - #3,162
Stuart444 - #3,164
Terraforce - #3,222

Stuart444 & Dr. Monkey (3 votes)
Geno - #3,155
Funky Dude Sparks - #3,199
Fantomas - #3,148

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Reki - #3,205

SkyOdin & TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
empressdonna - #3,170

Not voting: Xbro, malus, flatearthpandas, Pirate Bae, absolutbro, Stantastic, Fat4All, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, CoolestSpot, TheChuggernaut, rac, Apollo, SkyOdin, Zippedpinhead, Verelios, Natiko

Post Counts:
Stuart444: 27 Geno: 26 Dr. Monkey: 17 Fantomas: 12 Fat4All: 9 Kyanrute: 9 empressdonna: 6 Vincent Alexander: 6 Terraforce: 6 TheChuggernaut: 5 Reki: 4 Pirate Bae: 3 Verelios: 2 SkyOdin: 2 Funky Dude Sparks: 1 absolutbro: 1

Current Countdown:
4syma5iocb

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
In regards to Monkey's accusation of Baes one shot claim, what do you think?
I think it's a plausible theory but there isn't any more proof that she is right than there is that she is wrong about it from what I can tell. It is hinging on Bae's general behavior and her reads not being that great from what I can tell.

But if Monkey/Stu are Scum, I could totally see her wanting to go down that road now that her Sorian has been taken away from her. She was setting it up in her read list yesterday as well, so I expected it to happen.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Messengers, hmm. Can't deny their existence, have to fit them somewhere. What's the point of them? Fruits? Can't say, missing investigatives (comrade investigative reading this, don't take this as encouragement to claim). Getting the medics killed does give the implication of a role cop. Shots in general have been limited. Increases the chance that a potential investigative fails and makes the case for including an investigative in the design bad.

One thing I can think of: messenger being a "counter" to gossips, have the two fight for town cred via their actions since neither role is inherently town. Flaw with this would be that messenger inherently has a penalty of itself, because its profit ceiling can be low. Counter own counter with the theory presented by Monkey: gossips have a lower profit pit. Possible, new situation to self, unsure.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Nope nope nope nope

So after this big fucking thing we have a weird slip from Zipped while Fanto is out here doing fucking back flips on their vote during EOD. Meanwhile the person Vere linked Fanto too, is sitting as the vote leader and Fanto won't vote for them.

Vere, who I assume took all this into account then makes this post

Fanto then pops in here after saying that Vere's posts seemed sus the entire last day phase and has Vere/Apollo as lean town.

So my question is are both of them scum just bussing each other or is it just the one.

Because one of these teams are scum
Possibly, but I didn't necessarily scum read Sorian. He was aloof in a way that I didn't think Scum would be. And like I said, Zipped seemed to be joking in that post. Calling it a slip is a stretch.
Posting to say I will not be around for unknown time. My dog is losing her cancer fight, I'm with her at the ER now. If Bear wants to replace me that's fine, otherwise I will try to post when I'm able. Fuck cancer.
I'm so sorry man, I hope she pulls through.

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly, but I didn't necessarily scum read Sorian. He was aloof in a way that I didn't think Scum would be. And like I said, Zipped seemed to be joking in that post. Calling it a slip is a stretch.

There was way more going on there then just the flip. I have a really hard time believing that the person who made that long post could see that EOD and decide to vote for neither of those wagons. It's weird, you've been being weird. By the by, what happened to those other reads you were going to post and didn't?

Oct 27, 2017
All day yesterday Stu/Dr.Monkey's and SkyChuggs behaviour and support for each other was sticking in my crawl

Who ever initially start the push for Sorian/B-Dubs, are the rest of the scum crew

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No, your words. "Scum knows the thieves, town except Geno/us does not". Give me 1 reason not to out them right now to give town some info that scum already have. You know why? Because you are scum, because you don't know the identity and don't want to throw a name out there because you are waiting for me/Bae to say so you know who to kill.
You can if you want. I will post the clues I left about their identity. I can also point to another clue. But they could have outed themselves and didn't which makes me think maybe they don't agree with you.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
You can if you want. I will post the clues I left about their identity. I can also point to another clue. But they could have outed themselves and didn't which makes me think maybe they don't agree with you.
1st of all if you 2 could so easily pinpoint who they were because of these clues then mafia has already done this.
2nd you STILL believe mafia knows who they are so what's the point of withholding that information? Why should I out them when I believe mafia does not know because Bae is town?

Oct 25, 2017
I guess where I am right now is that I wouldn't be opposed to the Sorian lynch I guess, but moreso because of Dubs, but there's plenty of votes there and it doesn't seem like adding on would help much at this point. I'm pretty against doing Monkey/Stu today instead, so I don't really want to put my vote there. I can see other people feeling some ways about Natiko, which I agree with, but everyone seems to think Terra is townie and a lot of his posts have felt good to me, so I can understand why people aren't joining me here instead.

So, with that being said, there aren't many vote getters right now that I am very interested in joining in on at the moment, since the other ones would be the claimed cop and the person they claimed a green check on...

I'll move my vote here for now and see if it gets anything going since I don't think anyone is going to join me on Natiko/Terra.

Vote: Xbro

I get the sense Xbro has been coasting a bit too much here today, and I haven't really been a fan of his contributions so far. Others have expressed doubt here, but I haven't seen many votes for it, so I'll put up.
And all that being said, I could still see myself deciding on Sorian/B-Dubs being the better alternative, mainly because of Dubs again. It's just that I do not like Monkey/Stu as the only alternative on the vote list, so I am trying my best to get some other things going here that I can at least somewhat agree with on those around me.

Brazil pointed these out, but everyone seems to have forgotten. It's wild boiling down the weird Zipped/Fanto EOD to just the "Slip" when this is a thing that happened