• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Are you really all that afraid of a Bomb? Yeah, it sucks to die, but you'll go to spec, laugh along with everyone in there, and then the rest of us will handle it from there.

The fact that Vere won't vote almost does seem like it is a Bomb though, unless he's just fucking with everyone because he's Scum. Either way he looks like Scum here lol.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Pirate Bae & malus (14 votes)
Dr. Monkey -
#3,157

#3,952

Vincent Alexander -
#3,162

#4,023

Stuart444 -
#3,164

Terraforce -
#3,222

rac -
#3,385

Fantomas -
#3,481

Natiko -
#3,572

CoolestSpot -
#3,605

Zippedpinhead -
#3,902

Fat4All -
#3,950

Vincent Alexander -
#4,023

Dr. Monkey -
#4,038

empressdonna -
#4,050

Funky Dude Sparks -
#4,053

Geno -
#3,959

Xbro -
#4,095

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Reki -
#3,205

Verelios & Apollo (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut -
#3,404

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
malus -
#3,935

SkyOdin & TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
empressdonna -
#3,170

#4,050

Dr. Monkey & Stuart444 (0 votes)
Fantomas -
#3,148

#3,481

Geno -
#3,155

#3,959

Funky Dude Sparks -
#3,199

#4,053

Kyanrute & empressdonna (0 votes)
malus -
#3,915

#3,935

Not voting: SkyOdin, Apollo, Stantastic, absolutbro, Lone_Prodigy, Pirate Bae, Verelios, Kyanrute, flatearthpandas

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 143 Fantomas: 102 Stuart444: 86 Kyanrute: 69 Geno: 66 Fat4All: 52 TheChuggernaut: 51 Vincent Alexander: 45 Verelios: 37 CoolestSpot: 33 empressdonna: 32 Natiko: 31 Reki: 27 Terraforce: 23 SkyOdin: 22 flatearthpandas: 19 Funky Dude Sparks: 19 rac: 17 malus: 17 Pirate Bae: 16 Stantastic: 13 Zippedpinhead: 12 Xbro: 10 Apollo: 6 absolutbro: 2 Lone_Prodigy: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Due to maintenance and day ending early, no warnings/replacements are given out for low posters this day phase.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
rs_560x419-150625111248-1024.ted-2-stills-2.jpg

latest

Pirate Bae has died!
malus has died!

Welcome to the M/S Bearlove, the ultimate Love Boat full of Lovely Bears! You and your partnerbear have arrived here to disrupt the fun times, because those love bears disgust you! Bears are supposed to be strong and intimidating, not cure and charming! It's finally time to return the image of evil, ruthless bears!

You [Pirate Bae] are Ted, and you are partnered with malus who is Lots-O Hugging Bear.

You two are aligned with The Evil Bears (that means SCUM)

The two of you are A Pair of 2-shot Role Cop Bears. Twice during the game, during the night phase you can send the command ROLE COP: Pair. This results in you being informed the role of the pair you targeted.

Any scum pair can also do the factional night kill with command KILL: Pair. Please note, that a pair can only make one command per night.

The Scum Team has a Scum Chat in the Outer Mafia.

Your Teammates are:

Your Chat is here:

Game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/love-boat-3-mafia-ot-this-time-its-bearsonal.116855/

You will win, if the Evil Bears consist of 50% or more of the living players.

Night 3 Begins

Day 4 Begins in

bxq2qixyt4

Day 4
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
gummibears_beginning07.JPG

latest

Geno has died!
Funky Dude Sparks has died!

Welcome to the M/S Bearlove, the ultimate Love Boat full of Lovely Bears! You and your partnerbear have arrived here to have fun and spread the word of love! However, it seems that some evil bears have invaded the ship. They have to be stopped, in the name of love!

You [Geno] are Zummi Gummi, and you are partnered with Funky Dude Sparks who is Granny Gummi.

You two are aligned with The Love Bears (that means TOWN)

The two of you are An Ordinary Pair of Bears. You do not have any special powers, but you both can vote!

Also as a pair, you two have a private Lovers Chat in Outer Mafia. Remember, that if one of you dies, your partner will die with you.

Your Chat is here:

Game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/love-boat-3-mafia-ot-this-time-its-bearsonal.116855/

You will win, if all threats against the Love Bears are defeated.

Day 4 Begins

Majority is 12

Day ends in:
sx67qu8to2

Still Alive:
Verelios and Apollo
Fat4All and absolutbro
Natiko and Terraforce
Dr. Monkey and Stuart444
rac and Vincent Alexander
CoolestSpot and Lone_Prodigy
SkyOdin and TheChuggernaut
Xbro and Reki
Stantastic and flatearthpandas
Zippedpinhead and Fantomas
Kyanrute and empressdonna

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Alright let's get started here.

vote: Dr. Monkey

It's rather convenient that the two shot role cop was lynched on day 3, after the role was effectively useless. Why throw Pirate Malus out instead? Maybe Bae had some things IRL she needed to take care of, and figured you'd be better suited to handle the late game stuff. Maybe you have a better role than they did and it was that important that the role was saved.

It's especially convenient that the entire lynch completely drew attention away from a lynch on yourself. Something you realized was likely to happen without intervention.
We fucked up. No other way to say it. I'm sorry. And I understand if you need to vote us today; there will be a doubt that lingers and today is the last day to resolve it unless we start nailing scum. So do that if you have to.

It did a stand up job considering we were getting posts like this during the day:

If Monkey and Bae is scum/scum I'll quit mafia forever.

So what happened? Bae pulled off the same gambit she pulled off in MafiEra, only this time there was a twist. The goal was to make it seem like the same gambit done twice, then come in with a new element to make it fresh and make it work. In this case the other scum mates would expose the ploy and come out better because of it. The only way to make this work was to make it obvious that the play was going on. So there were breadcrumbs.

Day 2 comes along, in the middle of the argument with Sorian, when giving reads outside of that argument, you throw some shade onto the play as a whole to set up for the next day. Something Sorian called out. Which it's funny that you were conscious enough of a post Sorian made on the side(didn't even quote or mention you mind you) to mention it in your initial call out post of the gambit.

Here's a problem though. Bae was pulled into the gossip chat night 1. After coming back, the entire scum team knew who the gossipers were. They also knew that they were town. So what happens when Sorian starts to claim that the usage of the role was scummy? The Dr. Stuart boat completely disregard his arguments on the subject, getting super defensive about everything about it. Meanwhile Kyan goes in there and makes a defense that actually makes sense, taking into account Sorian's arguments and putting it into the perspective of someone who didn't quite 'catch' the investigator bread crumbs.

Then when Day 3 comes along, they remain defensive about the entire issue, despite being 100% certain that Pirate Malus is scum, and therefore scum already knows who the thieves are. To tie the entire knot on that situation, Stuart was the one who revealed Kyan and Donna. A few posts later, he makes an explanation that they figured it out. That really should have been in the post itself.

This pattern of disregarding Sorian's arguments doesn't necessarily end there though. There was one post in particular where Sorian laid out a list of reasons he was scum reading Dr. Stuart. Instead of responding to the post though, Monkey decides that Stuart's completely unrelated questions should be sufficient, successfully drawing attention away from the post.

Fantomas you have a word document on your desktop titled "Monkey is Scum". Are you really going to backtrack on that because you think some of Monkey's day 3 posts are town monkey? Need I remind everyone of Marvel, where the only reason Fandorin was caught was because the meta of the game could only be consistent if he was scum? People can act town. That's the point of the game Mafia. Monkey has a tag that says "Mafia MVP"

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Geno being dead makes sense considering he would have railroaded the Dr. Stuart train

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
TOWN
Kyonna
Lone_Spot
Dr. Stuart
Natforce
Raxander

AbsolutFat
FlatearthStans
SkyChugg

Rexbro
Verollo
SCUM

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
vote: Verelios

I'm sure Xbro's won't be the only conspiracy theory we'll hear today but I really can't understand why anyone wouldn't vote Verelios after the latter half of the last phase.

Geno was townread but not one of the semi-confirmeds, but I guess it was his testimony that kinda put the lid on the Baelus coffin so maybe that explains that?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
@Fantomas you have a word document on your desktop titled "Monkey is Scum". Are you really going to backtrack on that because you think some of Monkey's day 3 posts are town monkey? Need I remind everyone of Marvel, where the only reason Fandorin was caught was because the meta of the game could only be consistent if he was scum? People can act town. That's the point of the game Mafia. Monkey has a tag that says "Mafia MVP"
This is what I call the "Monkey's Grand Scum Plan" world, and it only makes sense if some others in the PoE start flipping Town.

In other words, I'm not interested in going down that road today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Are you claiming to scum read me?

Then let's hear it. I don't have many posts, so I'll wait for you to go through them.
I already did, at least.

I also find it almost charming that this is the first case you've really put up all game. You do some excellent semantic work there. Lots of loaded phrasing.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I call the "Monkey's Grand Scum Plan" world, and it only makes sense if some others in the PoE start flipping Town.

I mean, I'm biased, but... yeah. This.

The gamestate points to a very small PoE. By all means, put us in it. Town still wins. The end.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I like to think my play would've been a lot better in regards to Bae yesterday if I were scum and knew their alignment, and frankly using that to attack me is pretty telling. In no world do I not only not bus Baelus, but am unsure from day start to day end. That's straight lunacy.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I like to think my play would've been a lot better in regards to Bae yesterday if I were scum and knew their alignment, and frankly using that to attack me is pretty telling. In no world do I not only not bus Baelus, but am unsure from day start to day end. That's straight lunacy.
I would love to hear you explain anything you did last phase.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
i haven't been able to read this weekend so does anyone want to give me the summary of vere

also ive become paranoid that scum is town reading me, it'd be p dangerous to scum read me if bae ever flipped right?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

If Dr.Stu flips scum then I sincerely believe Fantipped should also be looked at. Their flip on Dr.Stu from D1 to now has been anything but surprising.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
vote: Verelios

I'm sure Xbro's won't be the only conspiracy theory we'll hear today but I really can't understand why anyone wouldn't vote Verelios after the latter half of the last phase.

Geno was townread but not one of the semi-confirmeds, but I guess it was his testimony that kinda put the lid on the Baelus coffin so maybe that explains that?
It's great that you dismiss this as a conspiracy theory, when you literally just "uncovered" one in the previous phase.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: absolutbro

I didn't have a ton of time free this weekend.

I went to a DMX concert in the sketchiest venue I've ever been to. They can't even secure a liquor license. DMX didn't show up until like 10:30. It was a night - let me tell you.

But I did look back at votes. Go back and look at Day 1 again. With Baelus confirmed as scum and knowing how quick they were to take a risk to avoid that scum lynch look at the vote stack on Kitlor again. Guess who was there? Bae and Malus. Guess who else was there? Vere and Apollo. And of course Tybro were (which is ultimately NAI in and of itself). I think my original conclusions about who all the suspect parties where on the kitslor vote, but I think the premise looks even more sound in hindsight. I think the AbsolutFat flip solidifies Verello as scum and locks up the game. If there's four scum I would look at either SkyChugger (role could be scum, one vote on Tybro but the other off elsewhere to ensure Kitslor got voted out) or FEP/Stan (Again - one vote on Tybro and the other not cast, to be more precise it was on Kitslor and then unvoted which is what makes me lean a bit more towards SkyChugg for the fourth).

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, for transparency's sake.

I was taken last night by Kyonna.

Laid out who I thought was scum. (Verelios, Rekibro was actually second on that list), etc.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've gotta go do all that regular early evening stuff. I really hope we actually hear from Apollo today and that she has more than just SkyChuggs to talk about. I also really do want to hear from Verelios, but we should also go back through his posts because there are a lot of inconsistent reads and that may help. I'm not really a fan of chain-lunches so I'm happy to open here but also to look at connections. rac, looks like you just brought Vere up, too.

It's great that you dismiss this as a conspiracy theory, when you literally just "uncovered" one in the previous phase.
The difference is I had evidence to support my unpacking of a theory (which I did not uncover, by the way, only supported) and you have construction. You want me to red-pen your post? I'll be back in a few hours and I'll be happy to.