• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so we're in the phase of day one where we go back and forth over no lynching? It always manages to creep into the mind share almost every game without fail.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
is this actually true?
I'm pretty sure we have voted off someone for pushing for no lynch on day 1 before.

I am not a big fan of no lynch on day 1, to put it mildly. We need to get info out of day 1, even if we don't have the best odds of catching scum. Eliminating a player is the best method we have for generating the conflict and discussion necessary to get those leads.

So if someone is going to vote for no lynch, I would really like to hear an explanation for why.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Technically, that was Rac. Technically.

MadOptimisticCanary-small.gif

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did Sorian ever follow through with his promise and I just missed it, or....?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the outright opposition to a "No Lynch" as a rule of thumb is unwarranted. Not that it's a good idea here, but there are times where it is helpful. There are many people here, so I do think it's better to get the information from a flip and also with the small chance of hitting scum. But I wouldn't even be opposed to a no lynch when it means there's a good chance we hit town, too.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure that we should be using the tamer forms of that term for voting though since the rules don't reflect it and we would need everyone to use the same one for the tool to function properly.

Actually I admit, that is one thing I forgot to bring up in the review thread where one point was alternative terms to lynch. oops.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you have to dig deep to find the answers.
Gotcha, just checking.

what's your ideal day one?

and how do you achieve it?
I don't really have one, nor do I think an "ideal" could be achieved with so many players and variables at play. I'm just tired of the "day one-no lynch" back and forth that goes down so often here. It rarely goes as planned.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I think the outright opposition to a "No Lynch" as a rule of thumb is unwarranted. Not that it's a good idea here, but there are times where it is helpful. There are many people here, so I do think it's better to get the information from a flip and also with the small chance of hitting scum. But I wouldn't even be opposed to a no lynch when it means there's a good chance we hit town, too.
Do you mean mylo?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You cite "very few exceptions" which I'll venture to guess is probably less than 10% of the time. I'd argue it's probably ok around 40% of the time.

#napkinmath

Don't worry, I read your bad post.

I think I'll keep my vote on you just for the bad optics of this entire argument and this post specifically

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, that's too restrictive. I'm coming off of 999 where "No Lynch" was objectively the right decision to make even though people were inherently against it out of habit, and where scum absolutely did not want it to happen. It was a peculiar case, but only thinking that always lynching is the way to go is too narrow for me.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Sorian & B-Dubs (3 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (3 votes)
Geno - #145
Terraforce - #149
empressdonna - #290

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365

Dr. Monkey & Stuart444 (2 votes)
Fran - #275
Sorian - #356
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (1 votes)
Verelios - #349

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140

rac & Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397

Not voting: Kalor, B-Dubs, Vincent Alexander, Zippedpinhead, Fantomas, Funky Dude Sparks, Reki, Xbro, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Brazil, FluxWaveZ, TheChuggernaut, Stantastic, Fandorin, Apollo, Ty4on, Z-Beat, Kyanrute, absolutbro, Pirate Bae

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 45 Stuart444: 31 Sorian: 29 CoolestSpot: 25 Geno: 24 Terraforce: 21 Natiko: 13 empressdonna: 11 Reki: 9 Ty4on: 8 Verelios: 8 Dr. Monkey: 7 rac: 7 flatearthpandas: 7 Fantomas: 7 Brazil: 6 Fran: 6 Vincent Alexander: 5 SkyOdin: 5 FluxWaveZ: 4 TheChuggernaut: 4 Z-Beat: 4 Kalor: 3 Kyanrute: 2 Pirate Bae: 2 absolutbro: 1

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I agree with this tbh

Every game I play everyone goes back and forth on lynch or no lynch and we always end up lynching anyway. Might as well get information out of a flip than be left in the dark an extra phase.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This discussion is tired and a waste of time honestly. We're going to vote someone out D1. We always do.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
i mean if it makes everyone feel better my votes are always shit anyways

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I agree with Natiko, immediately turning on someone presenting that option isn't necessarily a good thing, in my eyes.

I mean you can tell it wasn't a very HARD turn as I put my vote on Sorian very soon afterwards.

Discussing no lynch day one is like discussing the practical merit of hard solipsism.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Monkey seems scummy to me.
Oh, we started. Hi! Day starts/ends fall in the window when I'm usually busy but I should be able to make time for day ends.

I feel like as Dr. Stuart, we are a very serious boat, here for serious business. Kits, let me show you how it's done.

vote: Sorian

B-Dubs, tell me why we shouldn't just launch your boat into space.
Also, wait, you aren't here for revenge. You benefitted from those shenanigans. So why are you jumping on the revenge train?
vote: kitsunelaine

trying to blend in the revenge train, tsk tsk
Anyway, I'll sit on kits for a minute as she's a comfortable seat but my question to B-Dubs stands. Back later, bears.
This is all weak. Meme vote for Sorian, asks B-Dubs a pointless question that she doesn't care about, turns around on Kits and pretends to scum hunt for bit, then reiterates that she wants B-Dubs to answer her pointless question.

Vote: Dr. Monkey

--------------------

To everyone talking about Not Voting today: You all just got caught in Rac's bit, congratulations lol.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Monkey seems scummy to me.

This is all weak. Meme vote for Sorian, asks B-Dubs a pointless question that she doesn't care about, turns around on Kits and pretends to scum hunt for bit, then reiterates that she wants B-Dubs to answer her pointless question.

Vote: Dr. Monkey

--------------------

To everyone talking about Not Voting today: You all just got caught in Rac's bit, congratulations lol.

This will all be explained away with jokey jokey haha day 1 fun times and honestly, you didn't really hit on the important bit but that was probably only important to me. What do you think of Stuart?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think the no lynch discussion is a waste. I just don't see scum trying to that with how frowned upon it is, and Rac also put that down among a bunch of meme votes so whatever.