• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Kitsune is acting about I expect her to.
So I actually feel better about her right now though. Although I've never seen her as scum

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think of Stuart?
I always tend to scum read Stu early on, so take it with a grain of salt, but I agree with Vere on that quote that he pointed out, where Stu self consciously tells us he won't vote for a newbie on D1, which is like kind of a common courtesy in this community in my experience so far anyways, so seemed like an odd thing to just randomly say. I also thought his concern about the tic tac toe game seemed pretty forced.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, you see, in this game everyone is paired off in groups of two. So, although I am voting for one person, it actually counts as voting for two people.

You do know the difference between "Partner" and "Partners", right? Partner implies two people.

I will loop back around to you later but right now, I'm voting for your scummates Monkey and Stuart.

Obfuscating your reads like this so that people have to drag them out from you only makes you suspicious.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is all weak. Meme vote for Sorian, asks B-Dubs a pointless question that she doesn't care about, turns around on Kits and pretends to scum hunt for bit, then reiterates that she wants B-Dubs to answer her pointless question.

Vote: Dr. Monkey
I guess I'm about your Sorian, so this makes sense. Question to B-Dubs isn't pointless, though. Unless I have a good reason to vote someone else this phase, I am happy to lunch Sorian right out of the window. Right now we got a lot of people trying hard (what they're trying varies by person) but there's so many that unless someone really stands out, we honestly might as well get rid of him, unless B-Dubs demonstrates a reason not to.

So it's not pointless. It's a challenge to Dubs to demonstrate why he (and hence Sorian) should stay in the game.
You do know the difference between "Partner" and "Partners", right? Partner implies two people.
he means you're scum
scum has multiple partners
hence the plural

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm about your Sorian, so this makes sense. Question to B-Dubs isn't pointless, though. Unless I have a good reason to vote someone else this phase, I am happy to lunch Sorian right out of the window. Right now we got a lot of people trying hard (what they're trying varies by person) but there's so many that unless someone really stands out, we honestly might as well get rid of him, unless B-Dubs demonstrates a reason not to.

So it's not pointless. It's a challenge to Dubs to demonstrate why he (and hence Sorian) should stay in the game.

he means you're scum
scum has multiple partners
hence the plural
Every single time you guys lynch me early I flip town and you learn nothing as a result. Why not look for someone actually acting scummy? A Sorian revenge lynch won't tell us anything other than everyone was mad at him for the last game.

So my argument here is you learn absolutely nothing by killing us today and we're better off looking for someone acting scummy.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every single time you guys lynch me early I flip town and you learn nothing as a result. Why not look for someone actually acting scummy? A Sorian revenge lynch won't tell us anything other than everyone was mad at him for the last game.

So my argument here is you learn absolutely nothing by killing us today and we're better off looking for someone acting scummy.
You can't appeal to past games as a reason to assert innocence in the current game, if the thing you're pointing to in the past games has no bearing on now. (I.E, if it's removed from actions etc.)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

So you're role fishing B-Dubs?

This doesn't make me feel any better lol.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Because of the memes?

This is a really weak excuse to vote Sorian.
If it's a meme that Sorian very often rolls scum or neutral, then sure, because of the memes. Or because town Sorian is 50/50 on helpfulness and scum/neutral Sorian is slippery and will manage to stay alive much longer than he should - believe me, I know. So if d1 ends up without any good reason to vote someone else, he's as good a reason as any. Only drawback is votes may be harder to read otherwise because Sorian would indeed be an easy vote for scum to pile onto, but it would depend on the teammates.

But let's be real, Fran. You won't like anything I do anyway, so what's it matter?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't appeal to past games as a reason to assert innocence in the current game, if the thing you're pointing to in the past games has no bearing on now. (I.E, if it's removed from actions etc.)
(By the way this isn't a pro or anti-lynch BDubs's crew post, I just find that line of argument unconvincing and would like a better one)

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

And this is a weak argument. "Because I always flip town" or "you will learn nothing killing me" is no defence.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm accepting applications from people who want to get a petty fight on day 1 over whatever. Applications are due in 5 hours because you're going to need time to fill out the W2 and the I-9

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He hasn't, which is why that should have been his first and foremost defense, and not this wishy washy "I've always been town when you've done this" stuff.
In fact, the appeal to past games alone is reason enough to cast an eye of suspicion to B-Dubs when easier lines of defense were readily avaliable.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Let me know when you see someone acting scummy.

That's kind of the whole point of my question to you.
Right now, no one, the game is a few hours old at the most. I did think the tic tack toe thing was an odd moment, and I'll be watching those who took part going forward, but it's not enough to vote on yet.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure he'll be playing some Mafia.

Do you actually find anything Sorian has done so far to be scummy? Genuine question.
I don't really find anyone particularly scummy right now. The game has been going for three hours, my dude. Sometimes people show their asses early but not really very often.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I didn't bite when he went fishing. I'm just not shedding tears and concern trolling when he gets called out.
I know you aren't trying to accuse me with that generalized statement😤

Why? Because of the memes?

This is a really weak excuse to vote Sorian.
Have you played with Sorian before? Lol

Any vote today isn't going to result in learning "absolutely nothing" be it your boat or any other.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Back, scrolling through

My opinion has been if you think someone's breadcrumbing, keep it to yourself but watch them more closely. You're really only likely to blow their cover

I'm making tortellini for dinner. It's my favorite pasta. Tell me your favorites while I eat.
Seafood fettuccine alfredo. All day, but not really because I'd get fat...-er
Oh, so we're in the phase of day one where we go back and forth over no lynching? It always manages to creep into the mind share almost every game without fail.
We're in this phase
600px-POTC3_29.jpg

This is all weak. Meme vote for Sorian
I don't know if that's solid because Sorian had so many meme votes that I joked about them getting hammered by accident.

---------------------------------

I also don't like Stu's behaviour FWIW.
What did he do that stuck out to you? I'm still parsing the conversation (why is everyone talking about Mario Maker?) so I may have missed some of it

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a meme that Sorian very often rolls scum or neutral, then sure, because of the memes. Or because town Sorian is 50/50 on helpfulness and scum/neutral Sorian is slippery and will manage to stay alive much longer than he should - believe me, I know. So if d1 ends up without any good reason to vote someone else, he's as good a reason as any. Only drawback is votes may be harder to read otherwise because Sorian would indeed be an easy vote for scum to pile onto, but it would depend on the teammates.

But let's be real, Fran. You won't like anything I do anyway, so what's it matter?

You know that Sorian can help town when he isn't too stubborn and start fighting. Even neutral Sorian could help town when it helps him win the game.

And I dissagree with going after a policy lunch because Sorian can be slippery. Should we start lunching LP every time he start playing a game?

And Monkey, it's not personal. I promise. I just don't like people pushing a policy lynch D1.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
There was a Mario maker direct and it looks super cool

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why?

What easier line of defense?

Show your work.

"I've done nothing to warrant this, and you haven't done any work to justify this vote. Here's how I think the game's going down right now and where your efforts are better spent."

Bam. You don't have to make convoluted appeals to past games, RNG and meta discourse.

What did he do that stuck out to you? I'm still parsing the conversation (why is everyone talking about Mario Maker?) so I may have missed some of it

My opinions on Stu are still simmering, but his behaviour is very in line with the last time I played with him as scum. It's hard to put in words.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You know that Sorian can help town when he isn't too stubborn and start fighting. Even neutral Sorian could help town when it helps him win the game.

And I dissagree with going after a policy lunch because Sorian can be slippery. Should we start lunching LP every time he start playing a game?

And Monkey, it's not personal. I promise. I just don't like people pushing a policy lynch D1.
No, I'm cool with LP and when he's town he's really sharp, but people ignore him. I'm cool with Sorian, too. But absent anything else, this time, I will vote to kill him early because I don't trust him.

I think y'all are missing the important part so I bolded and italicized. I'm not a complete moron. If something looks shady, I'll vote it.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway

This is a weird post to open up with

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I do. I had many fights with him before. I also would be very happy lunching Sorian but I'm against going after a policy lynch.
I think it's quite rare for scum Sorian to be lynched with solid reasoning. I'd bet the instances of it happening are less than the times he's been scum and survived, easily.