• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But I'll try: Mostly just weak play, attempts to generate discussion without participating in it, and sort of hanging in the background despite there being enough discussion going on to participate as much as anyone else.
literally me and Stu are most of the discussion

brb, scumhunting myself

(actually, I will brb. I have to play a game for podcast tomorrow.)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
You're saying D1 isn't always just a load of nonsense?
Because it's D1 and there's no topics yet. Cool yer jets.
Because I don't like forcing conversation when there's nothing to talk about right now.

Wanna play tic tac toe, Stu?

From that to:
But I'll try: Mostly just weak play, attempts to generate discussion without participating in it, and sort of hanging in the background despite there being enough discussion going on to participate as much as anyone else.
That was a big shift in expectations D1 in just a couple hours.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That being said, people are doing much more substantiative stuff this D1 than a lot of other D1's I've been in.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You do know the difference between "Partner" and "Partners", right? Partner implies two people.

Obfuscating your reads like this so that people have to drag them out from you only makes you suspicious.

Obfuscating my reads? I'm being more plain that most at the moment. Keep looking for those excuses.

You can't appeal to past games as a reason to assert innocence in the current game, if the thing you're pointing to in the past games has no bearing on now. (I.E, if it's removed from actions etc.)

Already shaded by my lover but past games can't assert innocence but they can justify meme votes....?

I know you aren't trying to accuse me with that generalized statement😤

Have you played with Sorian before? Lol

Any vote today isn't going to result in learning "absolutely nothing" be it your boat or any other.

Ehhhhh, we've definitely learned nothing from a day 1 vote before, let's not pretend. We are all aware you read house of horrors.

No, I'm cool with LP and when he's town he's really sharp, but people ignore him. I'm cool with Sorian, too. But absent anything else, this time, I will vote to kill him early because I don't trust him.

I think y'all are missing the important part so I bolded and italicized. I'm not a complete moron. If something looks shady, I'll vote it.

You bolded the wrong part. What you should have bolded was the phrase "this time" because it's a weird inclusion and you should expand on that. Why "this time" specifically? And since you seem so policy driven this time, I better not here "because Love Boat 2 was a shit show."

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi friends. I'm here, I'm madly in love with Verelios, and I'm somewhat scared of all the posts y'all have made so far. But let's do this anyway

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Obfuscating my reads? I'm being more plain that most at the moment. Keep looking for those excuses.

Already shaded by my lover but past games can't assert innocence but they can justify meme votes....?

Ehhhhh, we've definitely learned nothing from a day 1 vote before, let's not pretend. We are all aware you read house of horrors.

You bolded the wrong part. What you should have bolded was the phrase "this time" because it's a weird inclusion and you should expand on that. Why "this time" specifically? And since you seem so policy driven this time, I better not here "because Love Boat 2 was a shit show."
Okay perhaps I should specify that any vote will result in an outcome we can learn from, but actually learning said things is not always a given lol

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Don't really like Fanto's reach on Monkey. Seems like a weak read to earn townie points.

Feel pretty good about Natiko and Kits. Not into the policy lynch on Sorian.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really like Fanto's reach on Monkey. Seems like a weak read to earn townie points.
What don't you like about it? I think she was the one being weak.

What do you like about Natiko? I see him quoting a lot of people, but I don't takeaway a lot of those exchanges I feel like.

Kits feels normal to me, but I'd say her usual eccentric behavior is NAI.
I'm the cooler Chloe
I'm the real Chloe!
Fantomas Can you make one of those spider-man pointing at spider-man memes but with chloe and somehow denoting that one chloe is you and one is bae?
If it continues to happen, I will.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae. You. Me. B-Dubs. Even Sorian, despite the overagressive tunneling. Dr. Monkey. Fran.

I was being snarky before and I think the point got lost because your focused on the word partners instead but I'm not sure you have the definition of tunneling down correctly btw. You could say I'm shading you a bunch at best but I'd need to be voting you or very actively trying to get people to be voting for you before you can really throw around tunneling. Also, how does Bae or Fran make it on your list? (Or B-Dubs for that matter).

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was being snarky before and I think the point got lost because your focused on the word partners instead but I'm not sure you have the definition of tunneling down correctly btw. You could say I'm shading you a bunch at best but I'd need to be voting you or very actively trying to get people to be voting for you before you can really throw around tunneling. Also, how does Bae or Fran make it on your list? (Or B-Dubs for that matter).
I can think you're tunneling on me without you voting on me. You're getting upset over meaningless technicalities. Unless there's a word in the mafia lingo for "Overagressive double downing on someone without showing your work or even appearing to care about optics".

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
okay I'm actually caught up now

1. I don't get the fighting between Kitsunelaine and Sorian. I mean, I see how it started, but don't really see why it's kept going.

2. Fanto, I do not think I have ever been in a game with both you and Dr. Monkey in which you don't scum read her.

3. I'm not sure there's actually such thing as a policy lynch on D1. Policy lynch usually comes after a specific trigger. So...

You can make gnocchi out of a lot of different of stuff, but whatever.

Know that you're on my list now though.
but ... but ...

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Pirate Bae, you're the best!
JrEHDJ3.jpg

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Every single time you guys lynch me early I flip town and you learn nothing as a result. Why not look for someone actually acting scummy? A Sorian revenge lynch won't tell us anything other than everyone was mad at him for the last game.

So my argument here is you learn absolutely nothing by killing us today and we're better off looking for someone acting scummy.
Not a fan of this post. Comes across as you just wanting to save your own ass with a pretty weak excuse. Just because you were mislynched in the past doesn't mean you'll never be scum. There isn't really any reason to take you at face value. I'd also expect someone who was so scared of being lynched to participate more in a meaningful manner, but you havent done much aside from defend yourself.

Plus there were only three votes on you two at the time of this post. Why are you so antsy already?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
What don't you like about it? I think she was the one being weak.

What do you like about Natiko? I see him quoting a lot of people, but I don't takeaway a lot of those exchanges I feel like.

Kits feels normal to me, but I'd say her usual eccentric behavior is NAI.

I'm the real Chloe!

If it continues to happen, I will.

I don't like your read because it's easy. You're attacking one of the few people actually contributing to D1 so far, which makes it easy material to latch onto and try to score town cred.

Natiko feels pretty normal to me. Which is why I have a good feeling. It's NAI right now; I'm just going with my gut.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae. You. Me. B-Dubs. Even Sorian, despite the overagressive tunneling. Dr. Monkey. Fran.
I know Sorian already asked but I noticed you didn't respond - what stood out to you from Bae, B-Dubs, and to a lesser extent Fran? Bae's posts have mostly just been her saying she's confused, B-Dubs just briefly defended himself and bounced, and while Fran's have been a little meatier I wouldn't say they stand out above Stu's contributions.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know Sorian already asked but I noticed you didn't respond - what stood out to you from Bae, B-Dubs, and to a lesser extent Fran? Bae's posts have mostly just been her saying she's confused, B-Dubs just briefly defended himself and bounced, and while Fran's have been a little meatier I wouldn't say they stand out above Stu's contributions.

I think they're meatier because they're at least engaging and participating. It's not about length of contribution, but substance of contribution. I don't really see anything of substance with how Stu's been playing/

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They contribute more than your many one word posts.
B-Dubs? Really? I can almost believe the others, but he stands out as his only post of actual game relevant content is defending himself and saying we shouldn't lynch him because he gets mislynched too much, which ain't a great argument.

Pirate Bae also literally has two posts...

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Several people on that list hasn't contributed as much and it makes me feel like she chose random names to try and justify her opinions on me.

Feels very suspicious/off to me.
I don't really see the logic behind this. There's nothing stopping her from going back and looking at who's made more posts and making a selection there, but she instead went with people popping up in her head so we got like B-Dubs who probably made a much bigger impression.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That being said, people are doing much more substantiative stuff this D1 than a lot of other D1's I've been in.
I dunno, is there that much going on right now? There sure are a lot of posts, but I don't feel like any proper throughline is being established. Aside from whether to lynch Sorian because of previous history or not.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay you guys need to slow down with the posts.

Fantomas I have not played Life is Strange. Sorry to disappoint

I always tend to scum read Stu early on, so take it with a grain of salt, but I agree with Vere on that quote that he pointed out, where Stu self consciously tells us he won't vote for a newbie on D1, which is like kind of a common courtesy in this community in my experience so far anyways, so seemed like an odd thing to just randomly say. I also thought his concern about the tic tac toe game seemed pretty forced.
I mentioned this to Reki in our chat, but I've seen something like this used as a way to get on the newbies side. It can create a false sense of security whenever in conversation with that person.

The real problem is how random it is. I get that Stuart was trying to create meaningful conversation, but that literally doesn't go anywhere, so there's no reason to post it.
Every single time you guys lynch me early I flip town and you learn nothing as a result. Why not look for someone actually acting scummy? A Sorian revenge lynch won't tell us anything other than everyone was mad at him for the last game.

So my argument here is you learn absolutely nothing by killing us today and we're better off looking for someone acting scummy.

Why are you going full defensive on day 1 with minimal pressure?
Uh, you want to elaborate on that vote?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
B-Dubs? Really? I can almost believe the others, but he stands out as his only post of actual game relevant content is defending himself and saying we shouldn't lynch him because he gets mislynched too much, which ain't a great argument.

Pirate Bae also literally has two posts...
B-Dubs at least did SOMETHING. I even pointed out how bad that thing was, but it was participating, not just poking the fire with a stick. I saw Pirate Bae engaging with other users in a way I didn't really see Stu do-- Stu seems disengaged from the goings on.