• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also interesting: the fact that Sorian's had to result to lying in order to cast doubt on me for suspecting Stu

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's making Sorian look like scum. I will readily invite Sorian to make themselves look worse.

Which is directly related to how I view Stu's contribution to the game.

Weird how you seem to completely miss that fact and proceed as if it's irrelevant.

It hasn't stopped anyone else from giving their thoughts and not just poking at things from a distance.
So are you now scum reading Sorian and B-Dubs?

He isn't around. Can I help you?
I'm interested in hearing from your counterpart. You've pinged my radar a little, but I feel like I scum read you easily so I'd like to see if it's exclusive to you or what sort of vibes I get from Fando.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to see how Stu would respond. The fact that he responded with a retaliatory vote, when i'd placed none on him and merely roused suspicion, was reeeeeeeeally interesting.

More interesting that you voted me as soon as I voted you.

Wouldn't have done so but that list you posted raised my eyebrow.

I think you would be a good info flip personally.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to see how Stu would respond. The fact that he responded with a retaliatory vote, when i'd placed none on him and merely roused suspicion, was reeeeeeeeally interesting.
Yeah this stood out to me as well. But to his credit, your list was weird. I just wanted to hear it from Stu himself.
I think his feelings could have come out more organically if you made a more reasonable list as opposed to seemingly randomly picking recently posting players.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More interesting that you voted me as soon as I voted you.
Nah. It's a perfectly reasonable response to someone freaking out at even the merest hint of suspicion.
Wouldn't have done so but that list you posted raised my eyebrow.
Any list would have done that. No lists would have done so as well. This is a very poor justification.
I think you would be a good info flip personally.
Now what makes you think that? That's a weirdly specific, bold claim.

Yeah this stood out to me as well. But to his credit, your list was weird. I just wanted to hear it from Stu himself.
I think his feelings could have come out more organically if you made a more reasonable list as opposed to seemingly randomly picking recently posting players.
My list was only weird because I hadn't communicated my criteria. My criteria was people posting direct engagement and personal thoughts. Stu'd done neither of those things, instead merely poking people with weak questions and not really offering his own thoughts.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about B-Dubs. I think that could be justified as a town screwup. I'd need to see more from them.

So my list so far!
Scum:
Sorian
Stuart444

Soft scum lean:
B-Dubs

Town:
?????
All I did was throw the logic for lynching Sorian back at all of you. Either we shouldn't consider prior games or we should, we can't have it both ways.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I did was throw the logic for lynching Sorian back at all of you. Either we shouldn't consider prior games or we should, we can't have it both ways.

The difference is I don't think many of the votes on Sorian are serious. It's a meme for a reason. You can't treat that as a 1-1 comparison as justification for your rather weird appeal.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about B-Dubs. I think that could be justified as a town screwup. I'd need to see more from them.

So my list so far!
Scum:
Sorian
Stuart444

Soft scum lean:
B-Dubs

Town:
?????
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's almost no chance Bear puts mixed alignments in one boat. That's why I asked about those two specifically.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean.

He placed the vote on me in response to my comments about Stu's contribution in the game. But keep rewriting history.
Felt more like the opposite to me, which is why I pressed Stu. Kitsu was def pushing against Stu before the vote.
Also interesting: the fact that Sorian's had to result to lying in order to cast doubt on me for suspecting Stu

If you sling in multiple directions, it doesn't suddenly excuse the OMGUS when it happens. If she was specifically on Stu and only Stu around the time of that, maybe I'd read it that way too but at this point, the distancing looks fake since it was half hearted there whereas she can't actually stay straight on her read of me.

So my list so far!
Scum:
Sorian
Stuart444

Soft scum lean:
B-Dubs

Town:
?????

You know B-Dubs and I are the same alignment right?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even considering the current game, you haven't done yourself any favors. Your posts solely consist of defending yourself and deflecting to past games, which is entirely irrelevant here. You seem to keep deferring back to people not giving you a chance, when even in this game you aren't setting a good precedent for yourself.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have any reason to doubt that currently, though.

Why are you still acting as if I voted for Stu simply because he voted for me and not because he reacted very badly to some mild suspicion of him?

Because you qualified the vote change with "Sorian is probably town." As if you needed to excuse your self from the table and now you're already prepping to switch back because I'm supah scum again. I highly doubt you stay on Stu for more than another hour or so.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you sling in multiple directions, it doesn't suddenly excuse the OMGUS when it happens. If she was specifically on Stu and only Stu around the time of that, maybe I'd read it that way too but at this point, the distancing looks fake since it was half hearted there whereas she can't actually stay straight on her read of me.
How is it "distancing" when it's the same quote chain that lead to the vote? You almost can't be any more direct. I don't agree with Kitsu's actions, but your argument just seems silly and acting as if Kitsu is grasping at nothing when there is pretty clear set up leading to the vote.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because you qualified the vote change with "Sorian is probably town." As if you needed to excuse your self from the table and now you're already prepping to switch back because I'm supah scum again. I highly doubt you stay on Stu for more than another hour or so.

You're right! I don't know what to think about you. But you keep on digging yourself a hole here and it's not looking good. At all.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is it "distancing" when it's the same quote chain that lead to the vote? You almost can't be any more direct. I don't agree with Kitsu's actions, but your argument just seems silly and acting as if Kitsu is grasping at nothing when there is pretty clear set up leading to the vote.

I still think they are both scummy at the moment. This vote for each other is nothing. Kits won't hold the vote for very long and Stu is so passive that any other wagon comes along and he can just hitch to whatever. So yeah, distancing. The "clear set-up" is about as contrived as her other list.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, they're partners? I was making reads without looking at the list. Wow, okay.
Still getting used to the "everyone has partners" thing
I'll let this slide because your partner hasn't shown up much so far.

Natiko, leave something for me to say, please.

Geez
No. The less you say the better you snake.

I actually hate how much we've been agreeing so far because it's really putting a damper on my D1 revenge meme lynch

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll let this slide because your partner hasn't shown up much so far.

No. The less you say the better you snake.

I actually hate how much we've been agreeing so far because it's really putting a damper on my D1 revenge meme lynch

If I had a dollar for every game that someone said this to me

I wouldn't be that rich but I'd at least have 1 dollar from every game I've ever played in

13 pages? 13 PAGES?

You're all motherfuckers

Didn't you go to sleep like an hour ago?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If I had a dollar for every game that someone said this to me

I wouldn't be that rich but I'd at least have 1 dollar from every game I've ever played in

Didn't you go to sleep like an hour ago?
And if you instead got two dollars for everytime someone said that and they regretted it you'd be moderately more wealthy. The meme lynch is back on!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still think they are both scummy at the moment. This vote for each other is nothing. Kits won't hold the vote for very long and Stu is so passive that any other wagon comes along and he can just hitch to whatever. So yeah, distancing. The "clear set-up" is about as contrived as her other list.
What you're saying now isn't answering the question I posed at all. What goes on after the fact is fair to criticize, but you still haven't explained how responding to someone's post then responding three times later with a vote is so "distant." Like I said already, you almost can't get any more direct. Contrived or not, that's not the definition of distant.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Aye. Well, what I'll say for now is I don't necessarily need to scum read B-Dubs in order to scum read his partner. One half of a team could slip up without the other half acting to support the slip-up.
I'll agree in so far as you can scum read a pair primarily due to one player's actions. I don't think I'd go so far as assigning different leans to them though.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll agree in so far as you can scum read a pair primarily due to one player's actions. I don't think I'd go so far as assigning different leans to them though.
Well yeah. I wouldn't assign a different read either. I just momentarily forgot about the paired alignment thing and was confused.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in hearing from your counterpart. You've pinged my radar a little, but I feel like I scum read you easily so I'd like to see if it's exclusive to you or what sort of vibes I get from Fando.
What has pinged you about Fran if you don't mind me asking? I've actually felt kind of good about his posts so far just from what I can recall.
Stu and Kits are on some OMGUS shit right now and I don't see that changing soon.
What do you make of Sorian's thought on them both being Scum?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What you're saying now isn't answering the question I posed at all. What goes on after the fact is fair to criticize, but you still haven't explained how responding to someone's post then responding three times later with a vote is so "distant." Like I said already, you almost can't get any more direct. Contrived or not, that's not the definition of distant.

Hmmm, I'm not sure why I have to define this for you since I'm pretty sure you know this but "distancing" is specifically a mafia term talking about when two scum members fake a fight or do something else in thread so that others believe they can't be team members (we'll put that under Tips for Newbies Chapter 4)

The distance is not a literal representation of time between posts or whatever you are getting at.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I'm not sure why I have to define this for you since I'm pretty sure you know this but "distancing" is specifically a mafia term talking about when two scum members fake a fight or do something else in thread so that others believe they can't be team members (we'll put that under Tips for Newbies Chapter 4)

The distance is not a literal representation of time between posts or whatever you are getting at.
I've played like six or seven games of mafia and I've never heard that term before, so it aint' just a "newbie" tip. This is one of the negative sides of having community specific lingo.