• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
You said you don't expect to be noticed this soon. That isn't materially different to my paraphrasing.
Nope, you missed your mistake again. Those are Fando's words from a post I was responding to that I guess you never actually read. He had a broken quote and it bled into my post when I quoted him. I even made a post afterwards remarking on how it broke my post too.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
What has pinged you about Fran if you don't mind me asking? I've actually felt kind of good about his posts so far just from what I can recall.

What do you make of Sorian's thought on them both being Scum?
I think nothing of it. They're fiercely arguing over irreverent shit so, although I can see where he's coming from I doubt they're both scum. Because you'd expect scum to slow down and appear genuine if it was an act

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I would like to make a request to the whoever is killing people tonight to not kill Vere because he's died first in the last couple of games I've been in and I feel bad
I knew you were a real one bro.
I don't like this post. This was in response to Fantomas quoting a bunch of Dr. Monkey's posts. However, I don't think Sorian ever elaborated on what the "important bit" was. What bothers me though is the tone Sorian takes here. Throughout this day so far, Sorian has been projecting an aura of authority and knowledge. An aura that says "Sorian is always right and sees everything".

And here is more of that. Sorian makes a big show of how he "dropped bait purposefully". This feels less like trying to get anything useful out of Kitsune and more like Sorian engaging in needless theatrics.
Sorian's playstyle is very much the Kingmaker. It's I suppose the way he maneuvers around people and plays Mafia. Personally NAI for me.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Nat, I love you the most (after my partner) and I think you are 100% right on your Fran thing, because he definitely tends to scumread me no matter what, but oof, your defense of me also makes me raise the smallest of eyebrows.
giphy.gif

Something about this is off. Either about you or Nat. My eyes are wide open Dr, and they're watching.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just thinking about Marvel, where I was convinced Natiko could never be scum because we are such good buddies. So you watch me all you want. I'm gonna watch him a little.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Good Morning everyone! I hope you didn't have too much fun without me.

*looks at page counter*

oh...

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I knew you were a real one bro.

Sorian's playstyle is very much the Kingmaker. It's I suppose the way he maneuvers around people and plays Mafia. Personally NAI for me.
I think that passing off everything Sorian does as "that's just his playstyle" ends up just giving him a blank check to make it to the endgame though. There has to be some method to discern scum!Sorian from town!Sorian. Considering how strong of a player he is, I am not comfortable with just giving him a pass, in the event that he is scum.

What would you find alignment indicative of Sorian? What actions do you think he would take that make you lean town or scum on him?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I think that passing off everything Sorian does as "that's just his playstyle" ends up just giving him a blank check to make it to the endgame though. There has to be some method to discern scum!Sorian from town!Sorian. Considering how strong of a player he is, I am not comfortable with just giving him a pass, in the event that he is scum.

What would you find alignment indicative of Sorian? What actions do you think he would take that make you lean town or scum on him?
That's not quite the point I was making. I think trying to shuffle Sorian into a scum or town box based on meta reads is the wrong way to go about this. If he does anything I find suspicious or counterproductive then I'd lean scum on him, and vice versa for town. What I'm look

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Somebody come get mobile ERA because it is fucking up.

*What I'm looking for are reasons why he does/says things, and the result. The process he uses doesn't concern me much.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone! Sorry for my initial absence, I'm caught up now.

Don't see much here on game start. I think we've might have gone through the inevitable "no lynch" talk at D1 without serious damage to the discussion, so that's a plus.

Fantomas seems pushy enough and Stuart nitpicky enough for their townie selves so far. Liked their overall posts. Have they been scum since MafiERA?

Monkey initial push on Sorian is standard play by now, though I'm interested in B-Dubs' role on this. B-Dubs what do you think of Monkey's approach on your partner?

QUOTE="Natiko, post: 20820366, member: 2482"]Fandorin Come out and play. Give me something to work with here.
Heyo Nat! I'm here to play!

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this callout (though it immediatly made me wary of you, since I don't expect to be noticed this soon (not even my brother gave two shits about me) and Fran didn't post much either so elicit his partner input)!

Walk me through this progression on Sorian, please. I think this was called out by Nat a bit already, but I might've glossed over it.[/QUOTE]
It reads as focused on meta reads and nothing related to actual play as of right now.

There's no real point in trying to focus on figuring out someone's meta because anyone smart enough, which everyone paints Sorian as being, would be able to take advantage of that to appear as town while being scum. We're all better off focusing on the information we can gleam from various posts people make instead of trying to solve them on a meta level.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't notice that typo in Fandorin's post when I quoted it. Shoulda paid more attention, my reply to Fandorin was just: It reads as focused on meta reads and nothing related to actual play as of right now.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
A fun 6 pages from overnight to catch up on. Though I see the usual discussion about Sorian has already happened.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Kits vs Sorian is a pointless pissing match between two egotistical twats.

B-dubs self defense wasn't the most logical choice for himself but it makes i guess emotional sense to bring up prior games when thats exactly whats being used against you so its whatever.

i have a headache fuck you.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Moneky seems fishy i dunno

FEP where are you i need emotional support.

Its hilarious to me everytime the no lynch discussion comes up when people get so righteous about it despite it always being very clear thats its never going to happen, even if people actually decided they were okay with it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Well, everything that I read from last night was basically useless, but then it's day 1.

The point was raised about Kitsunes wording around partners but it can be easy to forget when they (me) disappear shortly after the day start. Timezones are always fun.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (3 votes)
Geno - #145
Terraforce - #149
empressdonna - #290

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (3 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365
Stuart444 - #533

Dr. Monkey & Stuart444 (4 votes)
Fran - #275
Sorian - #356
Fantomas - #440
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535

Sorian & B-Dubs (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (1 votes)
Verelios - #349

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140

rac & Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397

Not voting: Kalor, B-Dubs, Vincent Alexander, Zippedpinhead, Funky Dude Sparks, Reki, Xbro, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Brazil, FluxWaveZ, TheChuggernaut, Stantastic, Fandorin, Apollo, Ty4on, Z-Beat, Kyanrute, absolutbro, Pirate Bae

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 120 Stuart444: 54 Sorian: 52 Natiko: 41 Terraforce: 31 CoolestSpot: 29 Geno: 24 Dr. Monkey: 23 Verelios: 21 Fantomas: 21 TheChuggernaut: 20 Fran: 15 Ty4on: 14 B-Dubs: 13 empressdonna: 11 Reki: 11 Pirate Bae: 11 rac: 10 flatearthpandas: 7 SkyOdin: 7 Z-Beat: 7 Vincent Alexander: 6 Brazil: 6 FluxWaveZ: 6 Kalor: 5 absolutbro: 4 Xbro: 3 Stantastic: 3 Fandorin: 3 Apollo: 2 Funky Dude Sparks: 2 Kyanrute: 2 Zippedpinhead: 1 malus: 1

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Caught up on what I missed while I was asleep.

In regards to the stu vs kits stuff, while stu's one off posts is unusual for him I don't think that's enough grounds for me to have a scummy feeling about him just yet.

Kind of reads like town vs town at least in my half-awake state.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Caught up, the 2 things that stood out to me were B-dubs' defence which makes no sense. Like, do you expect us to not lynch you because you tend to roll town? Almost as if you panicked because you saw Sorian getting votes and you are a powerful scum role and wanted to find some excuse to live past d1.
The second thing is Stu, who feels very different than other games, in Marvel he was way more engaged in the game, here he seems uninterested, answering posts with 1 word and finding weak excuses for votes. Don't like these 2.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Kits vs Sorian is a pointless pissing match between two egotistical twats.

B-dubs self defense wasn't the most logical choice for himself but it makes i guess emotional sense to bring up prior games when thats exactly whats being used against you so its whatever.

i have a headache fuck you.
The whole point was to show how bad the logic was in the first place. If you think the defense was bad then the attack should be as well. Guess I need to be a little more blunt.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Sorian vs Kits feels like town vs. town. If I had to pick a side, I would put Sorian in the more scummy corner, but that's not really backed up by anything other than past experience. I feel like Monkey and Stu tried to capitalize on this interaction and put shade on both sides.

B-Dubs hasn't really raised any alarm bells with me. Sure his defense was kind of weak, but what do you expect a few hours after game start? A voting record? To be honest I'm more suspicious of people jumping onto this train than of B-Dubs. It's also kind of funny that nobody that is accusing B-Dubs is actually voting him.

Is CoolestBeat a real contender or are those still meme votes? If the former I would like to hear some justifications from the voters. I think those who still have a meme vote should consider to remove them, since they just muddy the water for future interpretation.

I think my top scum right now would be Dr. Stu

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Morning all.

Had this post ready yesterday but ERA crashed for some reason.

Hi, Fando. I'd love to hear what you think about B-Dubs when you're all caught up. And Natiko.
My immediate take on Natiko is that no particular post got my attention other than his @ of me. Meta self reminder that I'm (usually) slowly pocketed by Natiko when he's scum, while his town counterpart doens't really enter much into my mind space when solving the game. Leaning more to the Townie! Natiko based on what I've seen.

Did a quick ISO on B-Dubs and his entry into the game IS pretty weird:

First post in-thread, in the pre-game, he responds Sorian as his pair and apparently understands that meme votes and what-not will bounce on him at the very least.

Every single time you guys lynch me early I flip town and you learn nothing as a result. Why not look for someone actually acting scummy? A Sorian revenge lynch won't tell us anything other than everyone was mad at him for the last game.

So my argument here is you learn absolutely nothing by killing us today and we're better off looking for someone acting scummy.
He's surprisingly defensive here, as already pointed out. Wording on the last sentence in particular, since he's "arguing" that we'll learn "absolutely nothing" from the B-Dorian lynch with nothing to show or say in the end.

And why are votes on Sorian again?

Uses a (fairly reasonable) argument against the Sorian *meme* push, although in defense of himself from Kitsu, who had called out his previous post.

Right now, no one, the game is a few hours old at the most. I did think the tic tack toe thing was an odd moment, and I'll be watching those who took part going forward, but it's not enough to vote on yet.

After catching some heat from the general thread after his entry post, following a light push from Monkey he latched onto the Tic Tack Toe *controversy* for some quick and dirty contribution by suspecting easy targets (Geno and Kitsu) without actually naming them as the players who took part into it.

This post reads to me like he didn't really have anything to say and just decided to go with the Tic Tack Toe topic for some fake content. Bad entry to me.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Yes, it's about time I remove the joke Coolestspot vote.
Vote:Stuart444 I feel like Stu has more chances of being scum than Bdubs at the moment. Although I do find it funny that Bdubs "every time you lynch me early I flip town", like if we flip you late you are scum? Or you are no longer town? This defence is so bad, the more I look at it the worse it gets, but you are relatively new and I'll overlook it.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. What do you mean by "Not expecting to be noticed"?
Then I cast suspicion upon Fandorin !
God i hate mishaps like that, makes me look dumb orz
Sorry! Hadn't seen this conversation yesterday! My bad quote really messed everything up, my bad.

Answering you, I normally don't get any attention on D1, especially considering this game's roster, so Natiko @ me so soon got my attention. He says that it was mostly due to me being Fran's lover, but that didn't sound very convincing.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's about time I remove the joke Coolestspot vote.
Vote:Stuart444 I feel like Stu has more chances of being scum than Bdubs at the moment. Although I do find it funny that Bdubs "every time you lynch me early I flip town", like if we flip you late you are scum? Or you are no longer town? This defence is so bad, the more I look at it the worse it gets, but you are relatively new and I'll overlook it.
Geno, don't you think that B-Dubs's weird defence is actually what you'd expect a new scum player to fumble with? I mean, he was essentially defending himself due to an early meme push made on his partner, when quite a few votes had already piled on before he even joined the thread.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Geno, don't you think that B-Dubs's weird defence is actually what you'd expect a new scum player to fumble with? I mean, he was essentially defending himself due to an early meme push made on his partner, when quite a few votes had already piled on before he even joined the thread.
Not really because usually there's coaching involved, it could happen though I guess.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 120 Stuart444: 54 Sorian: 52 Natiko: 41 Terraforce: 31 CoolestSpot: 29 Geno: 24 Dr. Monkey: 23 Verelios: 21 Fantomas: 21 TheChuggernaut: 20 Fran: 15 Ty4on: 14 B-Dubs: 13 empressdonna: 11 Reki: 11 Pirate Bae: 11 rac: 10 flatearthpandas: 7 SkyOdin: 7 Z-Beat: 7 Vincent Alexander: 6 Brazil: 6 FluxWaveZ: 6 Kalor: 5 absolutbro: 4 Xbro: 3 Stantastic: 3 Fandorin: 3 Apollo: 2 Funky Dude Sparks: 2 Kyanrute: 2 Zippedpinhead: 1 malus: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!
Kitsu having more than double the posts of the second biggest poster is kinda worrying lol.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Kitsu having more than double the posts of the second biggest poster is kinda worrying lol.

I find it NAI. She was a heavy poster when she was scum in Mansion but also she was called out for low activity when she was scum in LB2.

She seems really self conscious in this game, answering every little comment about her, but I don't remember if she always act like this.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not really, she said herself multiple times she was hyped for this game, it makes sense that she would have a lot of posts.
I find it NAI. She was a heavy poster when she was scum in Mansion but also she was called out for low activity when she was scum in LB2.

She seems really self conscious in this game, answering every little comment about her, but I don't remember if she always act like this.
I think I should clarify that I think it's NAI overall as well. Just worried about the size of the game based on the activity.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Her activity I think is NAI. What makes me more concerned is her aggro approach. I haven't read all the games I'm not in, so I don't know if she's this way otherwise, but she was super in GoT when recruited.

But here's the thing. In that game, she did some of the same things she's done here: missing details, etc., and was also relatively aggro before being recruited. So it could be NAI. I do think she also has a tendency to get more confident and out in the open if there's a scum team behind her. BUT! big caveat here - she had a lot of people jump on her over stuff (though without votes, insert thinking emoji) and she tends to respond to everything and doesn't want to let go, so it leads to a lot of posts and frankly noise. It's why I said what I did last night about not wanting to pile on too much.

She's gonna be the half I watch out of that pair, since I struggle to read Kalor.

For now:
unvote

If y'all decide to flip us today, go back and look at Sorian's spooky item of concern with me he did not elaborate on and why he stuck to that over a vote on kitsunelaine. I wouldn't say it's necessarily scum partners but it would be worth looking into Sorian's motivations there. Skipping an easy target may be townie or may be a cover for a deeper agenda. God knows he's capable of that.

I'm going to reread a bit before I put down a new vote.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since some of you want to not actually read what B-Dubs' argument was and just surface level throw a read on there but fwiw, he was already coming into this assuming he'd die fast because of all the jokes that happened after it showed him paired to me. Just leaving this here for when people are curious later why his defense came off awkward.

SkyOdin i could have elaborated that the reason I'm scum reading Monkey is because she hasn't engaged with me or my role claim bullshit from day start but honestly, if you think the thing with Kits was theatrics then you would have said the same there and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I only need to find and point out scum in one of the partners, the thing I see in Monkey is less explainable without meta and our history.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't read it. I said as much.

The actual joke did not matter, what I found more shocking was your lack of engagement at game start when I said I would claim. Part of that was clearly you just being absent from the game but you were partially available and the tone is off when you ignored that 100% but then were quick to go to bat for defending the joke ("policy") vote in lieu of anything else "in this game" in particular.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
The actual joke did not matter, what I found more shocking was your lack of engagement at game start when I said I would claim. Part of that was clearly you just being absent from the game but you were partially available and the tone is off when you ignored that 100% but then were quick to go to bat for defending the joke ("policy") vote in lieu of anything else "in this game" in particular.
Did you really think anybody took you seriously? Can you really blame her for ignoring you?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not really impressed by the arguments for scum Monkey which mostly hinge on the opening hour or so of the game. Stu on the other hand I'm surprised hasn't really put a good foot forward yet, but it's not to the point that I'd put a vote there.

Of the current people with votes I'm more interested in looking at Z-Beat and Coolest. Coolest is always a wild card - I should know after being scum with him in Marvel. I don't think his play so far has been particularly different than his norm, but his teammate does stand out to me. Z-Beat has popped up throughout the day and managed to share quite literally almost no pertinent thoughts. That's unusual.

VOTE: Z-Beat

Z-Beat What's up? Care to share some actual reads?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Morning. It's 6:30 and I'm at work so I skimmed the last couple of pages, but thoughts so far are that I'm not really big on kitsu pushing stu because it comes off a bit too much as her just having a feeling, and the thing about town reading pirate bae seemed just as flimsy.

The level of activity makes me avoid scumreading kitsune though. The Sorian thing comes off to me as the meme having gone insane. I didn't gain much from it. I'll keep looking though

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Morning. It's 6:30 and I'm at work so I skimmed the last couple of pages, but thoughts so far are that I'm not really big on kitsu pushing stu because it comes off a bit too much as her just having a feeling, and the thing about town reading pirate bae seemed just as flimsy.

The level of activity makes me avoid scumreading kitsune though. The Sorian thing comes off to me as the meme having gone insane. I didn't gain much from it. I'll keep looking though
Summary:
Kits is scum or maybe not
Sorian is a meme

Do better. Activity alone isn't a reason to back off a scumread. What specifically do you feel kits has done to make you back down on that read? Is there anyone else that has stood out to you?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you really think anybody took you seriously? Can you really blame her for ignoring you?

Considering I role claimed within like 10 minutes of game start last time, not exactly a leap.

Yeah, I'm not really impressed by the arguments for scum Monkey which mostly hinge on the opening hour or so of the game. Stu on the other hand I'm surprised hasn't really put a good foot forward yet, but it's not to the point that I'd put a vote there.

Of the current people with votes I'm more interested in looking at Z-Beat and Coolest. Coolest is always a wild card - I should know after being scum with him in Marvel. I don't think his play so far has been particularly different than his norm, but his teammate does stand out to me. Z-Beat has popped up throughout the day and managed to share quite literally almost no pertinent thoughts. That's unusual.

VOTE: Z-Beat

Z-Beat What's up? Care to share some actual reads?

Luckily I don't want anyone to hinge anything on my Monkey read, that's for me. Focus on the weak link attached to her (and yes, I know you mention Stu, this is more for others, I don't need people distracting my point, I don't care if anyone agrees with me on Monkey specifically).

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning!

The conversations seem to be revolving around the same few people, which somewhat worries me because there are a shit ton of people in this game but we're kind of only talking about 5 people, Kits/Sorian/B-Dubs/Monkey/Stu.

Just to bring the conversations elsewhere for a moment, since my thoughts on them haven't changed too much or are still evolving, I'll touch on some other players, and their partners:

Verelios seems fine to me so far, I'm liking his contributions. Apollo hasn't been around much yet though.

Fran, I briefly mentioned this earlier, but I've found most of his posts to be pretty good so far, seems to be scum hunting to me. Fandorin only has a few posts so far, but he's putting in effort as far as I can tell.

Natiko worries me, but I've also pretty much only seen him as Scum so it might just be a lingering feeling due to that. On the flip side though, I haven't had many bad thoughts about Terraforce yet.

Geno I think has made some good points upon returning, laid out his thoughts on Dubs and Stu at least. Sparks, lol.

SkyOdin I haven't felt much from yet, but Chugg seems like his normal Town self so far to me.

Then there's a decent chunk of players that have ~10 or less posts so far so I just don't have much to go on there yet.

I can expand on any of the above if anyone wants me to, just wanted to put down some quick thoughts on people who aren't always being discussed so far.