• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Just going to throw Reki and Xbro in the town pile. Xbro has been pretty absent, but Reki still threw out a huge, huge post to just read one pair. That's a ton of work and if Reki had a bunch of scummates to plan with I don't think they would have felt the need to do so much analysis.
Even though I agree, something about the way you worded this gives me pause. It's the tone of a town leader trying to line up their ducks by giving feedback and seeming in control.

Hm.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
hey fanto who is the scariest duo and why should we kill them now?
The scariest duo is definitely Dr. Stuart if we are defining "scary" as "who would be really good as Scum." Problem is, they are also really good as Town, so I can't say that is why we should kill them, but it is certainly one of the reasons my eye has been in that direction early on.
Honestly it all seems like a bunch of noise to me still. I'm not really convinced to vote for anyone with a good amount of votes on them yet.
I still have doubts about Monkey here, but I'd like to see her play some more still. I will say my vote would probably not be on Stu if they weren't tied together, so there's that at least. I'm not that into the other vote getters though, so I do feel you there.

What has felt the most like noise to you so far, and do you think anyone in particular has been a part of "the noise" more than others?

Oct 25, 2017
But B-Dubs isn't a new player. This is his 5th game and he was town in 3 of the 4 games before this one (the player's spreadsheet says he was replaced in Brexit 2 but don't know how long he played or his aligment so I'm not counting that).

My mistake. I replaced in Brexit 2 during day 2 and I don't even remember him so I assume it was early. My only other game with him was him dying on day 1 as town so that's kind of colored my experience with him I guess. Like I said, I do need to go back and reread Sorian, so I'll just keep that read as null for now.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I agree, something about the way you worded this gives me pause. It's the tone of a town leader trying to line up their ducks by giving feedback and seeming in control.

Hm.

False town leader! False town leader!

Man, original dangan ronpa game was a long time ago, I doubt anyone had the same reaction to this post as me.

Oct 25, 2017
I still have doubts about Monkey here, but I'd like to see her play some more still. I will say my vote would probably not be on Stu if they weren't tied together, so there's that at least. I'm not that into the other vote getters though, so I do feel you there.

What has felt the most like noise to you so far, and do you think anyone in particular has been a part of "the noise" more than others?

Geno comes to mind, but that doesn't feel super out of the ordinary for him if I remember his play style right.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus did I almost break the bot again? Sorry about that. Probably shouldn't be playing a game at the same time as trying to vote properly

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Geno comes to mind, but that doesn't feel super out of the ordinary for him if I remember his play style right.
I'd agree there, yeah.

Any thoughts on Natiko and Terraforce? I feel like they're both getting in on things, Terra has put in some decent work and I usually do seem to lean town on him, but I'm not sure where I stand on Nat right now.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that I remember about the original danganronpa is that I was really salty after being killed N1 and pulled a "fanto" in spec chat.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn that's a lot of notifications. Let me get caught up. Also I apologize for the duration. I'm working on my dissertation during the day right now and I'm probably gonna come in mad every time I switch from that to this. Just mad. And while I get caught up, let me add some actual meat to this post:

These votes on me and Stu, they came super early in the day, like within the first few hours. Do y'all really think that Stuart and I are going to sail into a game as scum and out ourselves immediately? It is a billion times more likely that we were just relaxed coming in and not concerned. That should tell y'all something. That should definitely tell Sorian and Geno something; they've been around the flagpole enough times to know how to read that (Fran gets a pass because I'm a hellbeast to Fran; got that Always Seems Scum syndrome). I know it's still early but all y'all just sitting on these votes is complacent. I know we hate to reassess but like... really, the odds of scum!Dr. Stuart showing their scum asses in the first three hours of the game is low.

I'll address a couple of these in particular:

Sorian's scumreading me because I didn't pick up the bait (it wasn't) about his fake claim (it was dumb), though he acknowledges I said I wasn't going to be around much at day start. Sorian, between 5-6:30 every day, I'm taking care of family and making/eating dinner. If you're gonna get mad at someone last game for talking about RL, don't do it here. I gave that head's up early. I might check in on mobile while I'm cooking but I'm not heavy posting. That's not just this game. That's been a lot of games. You wanna scumread me? Do it over something real, not my dinner and your nested spoiler takes that break on mobile.

Fanto doing a targeted read on me only of the whole game and declaring I'm scummy is lazy. Fran deciding my early Sorian vote is only something I do as scum is lazy but Fran gonna Fran (no hard feelings, Fran). Geno shades another player while voting Stu and then just leaves it. Kits is just all over the place. If y'all were putting down pressure votes, we've both posted since then. Reassess. (Caveat: I only know what my partner's said in boat since I was here last; maybe he riled everyone up.)

It's not 24 hours in yet but come on, y'all. I'm all for an info lynch, but deciding you got scum a couple hours in for flimsy reasons is not going to yield you info. What'll happen is town mills around, scum making does some herding, if nothing else happens, a bunch of people pile on this vote, we flip, y'all say oops, and you learn nothing except that you lost potentially strong voices. And if y'all do want to throw us in the volcano? Great. Do something in the meantime other than just sitting on the same votes. Move your votes around. Act. Then come back and kill us. That's whatever.

Now I'm gonna catch up.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that I remember about the original danganronpa is that I was really salty after being killed N1 and pulled a "fanto" in spec chat.
I feel like having the spec chat post-death rage out is how you know you've really become invested in mafia. Happens to us all eventually.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Dr. Monkey & Stuart444 (5 votes)
Fran - #275
Sorian - #356
Fantomas - #440
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535
Geno - #729

Z-Beat & CoolestSpot (2 votes)
Natiko - #742
Geno - #145 #729
Terraforce - #149 #944
empressdonna - #290

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (2 votes)
Verelios - #349
Dr. Monkey - #776

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156 #737
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365
Stuart444 - #533

SkyOdin & TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
CoolestSpot - #802

Ty4on & absolutbro (1 votes)
Terraforce - #944

rac & Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140 #802

Sorian & B-Dubs (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142 #742
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535

Not voting: FluxWaveZ, Xbro, B-Dubs, Fandorin, Pirate Bae, Kalor, absolutbro, Stantastic, Ty4on, Kyanrute, Brazil, Funky Dude Sparks, TheChuggernaut, rac, Apollo, SkyOdin, malus, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 123 Sorian: 83 Stuart444: 78 Geno: 56 Natiko: 54 CoolestSpot: 51 Terraforce: 38 Dr. Monkey: 33 Fantomas: 32 Fran: 27 TheChuggernaut: 26 Verelios: 23 empressdonna: 14 Reki: 14 B-Dubs: 14 Ty4on: 14 rac: 13 Z-Beat: 13 Stantastic: 12 Pirate Bae: 12 Kalor: 10 Fandorin: 9 Kyanrute: 9 Brazil: 9 SkyOdin: 9 FluxWaveZ: 8 flatearthpandas: 7 Vincent Alexander: 7 Xbro: 5 absolutbro: 5 Funky Dude Sparks: 5 malus: 3 Apollo: 2 Zippedpinhead: 2

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, caught up but there's a lot of stuff. Just going to do a general read on each boat and if I miss anything let me know

Kalor/Kitsunelaine - Kitsunelaine had the ongoing back and forth with both Sorian and Stuart. I read town on Kitsunelaine with nothing from Kalor. Putting stuff forward early the way she did seems a bit too risky, and it would be easy to brush off at least one of those discussions to stay more middling.

Verelios/Apollo - Vere feels like town Vere, nothing from Apollo. Trying to remember if I've even played with Apollo?

Sorian/B-Dubs - B-Dubs defense feels more frantic than it probably is, and Sorian is Sorian. I feel like scum could have at least piled a couple votes into the meme train and then stuck. If it turns out Sorian gets voted out, they can just say "it was just a meme vote" or something and if not move the vote later. Might be worth looking there later.

Fran/Fandorin - Fran feels like town Fran to me. Good questions, solid hunting. Fandorin doesn't have a whole lot going, but I'm not exactly in a position to throw shade on him for it, I don't either.

Natiko/Terraforce - Natiko was in the thick of it for a bit, and Terraforce has/had some decent back and forth going. His recent posts (which I'm reading through search and not in-game somehow) are pretty strong. Town reading this pair atm.

Pirate Bae/Malus - Quiet pair. Worth keeping an eye on.

Dr. Monkey/Stuart444 - Somehow I always find myself town reading Dr. Monkey. I'm more null on Stuart, but not by too much. I know there's quite a bit of shade going their way, I can kind of see it, but mostly I think it's just people going after the more prolific players.

Brazil/Fluxwavez - A way quieter boat than I'd kind of expect from either of them. Keeping an eye here as well.

rac/Vincent Alexander - Another decently quiet boat. From his last post it sounds like Vincent Alexander isn't feeling great either, and rac feels like usual early game slightly scattered rac to me. Null to town for it, but thinking about it i'm not positive I've ever noticed scum!rac's early game.

Geno/Sparks - Sparks seems like his usual all over self; NAI. I don't like it, but it's NAI. Geno seems like town Geno to me. More measured, more careful than scum Geno as I remember.

CoolestSpot/Z-Beat - Sorta like the last boat, Coolest is being Coolest. Maybe a little more out there than usual though. Not a whole lot from Z-Beat that jumps out after a quick search of posts, but according to him that's "mad common". Nothing for me to vote on, nothing to vote against though.

SkyOdin/TheChuggernaut - I'll admit, I laughed at TheChuggernaut's "Who wants to fight?" post. Not a whole lot of in depth stuff otherwise, from either of them, but their latest posts (via search) have felt stronger. Feels like slow going town to me.

Xbro/Reki - One of the things that stood out is even questioning town reads of their boat (on Xbro's part at least). I know it's not uncommon or anything, but it made me lean town since it was early and kind of unprompted. That said, there's not a lot here to go off of. It's still early though, but I'm liking a few of Reki's posts (e.g.: paying attention in / learning via spec threads. I suck at that.)

Stantastic/FEP - Not much from FEP, but stan is a null-to-town read to me. He was willing to put even incomplete thoughts down for all to see. It's not much, but it moves the needle a tiny bit.

Zippedpinhead/Fantomas - Zipped has a single mechanical post that is bleh. Fanto has been pretty solid posts of poking and scum hunting, even if the early read post on Dr. Monkey didn't go over all that well. It did feel a little flimsy, and a little bit opportunistic, but I'd say everything since then has been solidly town.

Kyanrute/Empressdonna - Kyan has a few decent posts, though I still don't see what he thinks Sorian's "two claims in one meme" post means. Empressdonna is a little more fluff posted, but at least on topic and responsive as much as fluff. Something to keep an eye on, but leaning just town of null.

this post took way longer than I thought it would and there are probably a ton of new posts by now, but bleh, here

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran deciding my early Sorian vote is only something I do as scum is lazy but Fran gonna Fran (no hard feelings, Fran)

For the record I voted for you because you voted Kitsune claiming that she was following your meme vote on Sorian and I'm keeping it because I think your policy lynch on Sorian is really bad.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey im aware you were busier, that said you still did post a few times so you were mildly following and that doesn't excuse all the rest of the time where you've been ignoring most of the main beats of the thread. None of this is a case of you being legitimately 100% afk. No one cares about the nested spoiler and the fact that you are still bringing it up tells me you aren't reading most of this thread (which has already been extremely obvious).

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
That being said, I'll at least retract my initial vote. No significant thoughts on Coolest yet so no reason to keep that joke vote. Let's see where this one goes.
Vote: Ty4on I've liked some of the comments you've made, but you've been incredibly passive and more elusive than I've seen in prior games. Come out and play mate.
Coming off of the last game and how Ty played as scum in it, this vote definitely has my attention.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Hm.
That's a low bar to clear to be a town leader nowadays. I would see your point more if the comment was being made about a group in contention for being voted out.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If you've posted at me since my last one, I haven't read it yet.
And that's the attitude a townie should have? Ask yourself.

Actually, yes. Yes, it's pretty townie. Why would someone who's scum roll down like that in frustration? Honestly, Geno. You're on about all this shit being "weak" but your focus on Stu is weak and misguided.

And speaking of "Geno calls things weak":
Meh, seriously? That post is the basis for a vote? Weak imo.
I would like to hear more from feps that doesn't involve a lowkey "I'm not gonna post much." Because feps not posting much is suspicious. Would you like me to use different words to say the same thing again?

even his partner gets it
eh, im feeling that more as a prod vote which aint all that ridiculous

I think that we will not see a Hydro Pump. Each of them is "paired" but they share the same chat, this actually benefits town far more than we realize since they communicate off site in more than groups of two. we might see forced interactions between groups each day phase which seem kind of stilted.

Depending on abilities they will target medium to high posters during the night phase, with low to inactives being justified targets in early game day phases and highest posters eventually getting mislynched/mistargeted by town.
How do you think that scans with higher posters being targets so far? Feels like you weren't really looking at the gamestate when you answered like this.

What's making you feel town on Reki and me?
Not so much on you. Reki seems sharp, engaged, and is putting in work. Jury's out on you.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Can you explain why? I didn't read HoH and I have nothing on Ty and you and a very slight town read on Terra so more input in all of you is welcomed.
Ty would stay hidden until someone raised a point against someone else, and then he'd quickly jump in and repeat the same accusations, not unlike what happened yesterday when B-Dubs raised his shield for the first time.

Every single time you guys lynch me early I flip town and you learn nothing as a result. Why not look for someone actually acting scummy? A Sorian revenge lynch won't tell us anything other than everyone was mad at him for the last game.

So my argument here is you learn absolutely nothing by killing us today and we're better off looking for someone acting scummy.
You can't appeal to past games as a reason to assert innocence in the current game, if the thing you're pointing to in the past games has no bearing on now. (I.E, if it's removed from actions etc.)
And this is a weak argument. "Because I always flip town" or "you will learn nothing killing me" is no defence.
Any vote today isn't going to result in learning "absolutely nothing" be it your boat or any other.
This is a weird post to open up with
After three other people had already pointed out the weirdness in that post, Ty jumped in.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you've posted at me since my last one, I haven't read it yet.

Actually, yes. Yes, it's pretty townie. Why would someone who's scum roll down like that in frustration? Honestly, Geno. You're on about all this shit being "weak" but your focus on Stu is weak and misguided.

And speaking of "Geno calls things weak":

I would like to hear more from feps that doesn't involve a lowkey "I'm not gonna post much." Because feps not posting much is suspicious. Would you like me to use different words to say the same thing again?

even his partner gets it

How do you think that scans with higher posters being targets so far? Feels like you weren't really looking at the gamestate when you answered like this.

Not so much on you. Reki seems sharp, engaged, and is putting in work. Jury's out on you.

Scum has never rolled over in frustration before, nope, totally impossible, definitely didn't happen in Love Boat 2 or anything......

Nope

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Can you elaborate on this one? Because Chuggs hasn't done anything yet besides drunk posting and not much from Skyodin besides talking about no lynch and a bit about Sorian but really light.
I don't see Chuggs fake-drunk-posting and my guess is scumChuggs would be a little more cautious. And Sky is making good observations. I'm not saying this is my end read on them, but right now, I wouldn't vote them.

where is @Vincent Alexander ? There is nothing but fluff there, even a vote for someone who isn't playing.
he's got strep, I expect he'll be light today

You know after fumbling so hard and having my dick out in your faces, I doubt y'all listen but...maybe we should press those that are quiet more? I don't know, but every game I'm in the scum always hides cause why not when people bickering amougst each other, and with a game this big and so much time left, and so much fucking filler to already wad through, we should try to limit any posts unless they're reads of backlog or putting pressure on folks who haven't been talking much?

I know I haven't shared much so here's my read:

This is all some D1 bullshit. I don't know enough about y'all, or remember it enough, to be of help, but man if it isn't some finger wagging "oh woe your tone is off" here and there. I think the main other thing is we should peek into those with short response without much help one way or another, and just there to reach the count then they can bail for day.
I... agree with CoolestSpot.

giphy.gif

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Ty would stay hidden until someone raised a point against someone else, and then he'd quickly jump in and repeat the same accusations, not unlike what happened yesterday when B-Dubs raised his shield for the first time.

After three other people had already pointed out the weirdness in that post, Ty jumped in.
I guess more than one person found that post objectionable.
What stuck out the most to me was that Dubs hadn't really posted and then came in with a pretty pointed defence. Not the defence itself, but that it was all defence.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I don't see Chuggs fake-drunk-posting and my guess is scumChuggs would be a little more cautious. And Sky is making good observations. I'm not saying this is my end read on them, but right now, I wouldn't vote them.
I think your season on MU had some scum open up with a bunch of drunk posts (like really drunk) so I'm never counting that out lol

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

Well my thoughts on how scum behaves at night and who they target day 1 is independent of game state. People (town and scum) are more likely to target for information high posters, via vote pinging or just plain conversation throughout day 1 because they are who is driving the conversation.

However we all know that day end will come up, we will float three or four different groups from the mid to low range post as sacrificial lamb/ gotta be scum because they are trying to hide and flip flop between them for first eviction/walk the plank.

Scum theory just demands survival and avoiding detection during the day phase. Actual scum game play and how they plan to target can't even be insinuated until the first nighttime flip.

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think about Brazil? And Fep?

There's really nothing there for Fep. I was going to say that I remember scum reading Panda for not doing much and they turned out to be town and then I realized that it was the other Panda so never mind lol. Not sure if I would say I scum read them yet, but I want more from them.

Brazil and Flux feels quiet, but Brazil wasn't super active last game I played either and he turned out town. The last couple of posts from him actually make me feel alright mostly because I was having similar thoughts about Ty, but jury is still out there.

I'd agree there, yeah.

Any thoughts on Natiko and Terraforce? I feel like they're both getting in on things, Terra has put in some decent work and I usually do seem to lean town on him, but I'm not sure where I stand on Nat right now.

I'm kind of in a similar not sure headspace. I know I said Nat might be scum earlier, but that was kind of a knee jerk post to be honest. Terra seems good right now. This is one of those boats who I have my eye on after how MafiaEra turned out. Null with a town lean for now.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I guess more than one person found that post objectionable.
What stuck out the most to me was that Dubs hadn't really posted and then came in with a pretty pointed defence. Not the defence itself, but that it was all defence.
The discussion around that B-Dubs post is a well-trodden path by now. I hadn't noticed that you'd jumped at it like that before Terra brought you up, though. HoH is the reference I have of your scum play, and that one-liner was very reminiscent of that game.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto doing a targeted read on me only of the whole game and declaring I'm scummy is lazy.
I'm honestly just not picking up anything that I would normally think is scummy on D1.

I am willing to reassess, which is what I'm trying to do now as I'm putting together an actual read list.

Unfortunately, my reads suck hard so far. There's a ton of people here, and gun to my head right now, I'd say Scum is probably just staying quiet and letting Town eat themselves on D1.

Townish Thoughts:
Verollo
Frando
Rexbro

Lightly Townish Thoughts:
Pirate Malus
BraWaveZ
TheSkyChugger
Kyonna

Reconsidering:
Dr. Stuart

Everyone Else:
Katsune
Tybro
S-Dubs
Rincent
Funky Dude Geno
CoolestBeat
Natforce
FlatearthStans

The everyone else pile is where my concerns lie at the moment, and I realize that's like half the players in the game so no, I'm not saying they are all Scum, there's just a ton of people here and I am the kind who likes to pay attention to as many people as I can. I'm going to be trying to sort those thoughts out more here this afternoon/evening.
I feel like having the spec chat post-death rage out is how you know you've really become invested in mafia. Happens to us all eventually.
Sometimes you just gotta let it all out.

giphy.gif

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That's a low bar to clear to be a town leader nowadays. I would see your point more if the comment was being made about a group in contention for being voted out.
I didn't say you were a town leader, I said the tone of your post gave me that feeling of authority.
Well my thoughts on how scum behaves at night and who they target day 1 is independent of game state. People (town and scum) are more likely to target for information high posters, via vote pinging or just plain conversation throughout day 1 because they are who is driving the conversation.

However we all know that day end will come up, we will float three or four different groups from the mid to low range post as sacrificial lamb/ gotta be scum because they are trying to hide and flip flop between them for first eviction/walk the plank.

Scum theory just demands survival and avoiding detection during the day phase. Actual scum game play and how they plan to target can't even be insinuated until the first nighttime flip.
Okay. So what do you actually think of the gamestate right now? Since we're not peddling forward inactives to the forefront now.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

That checks out with how I remember scum!Ty playing and now I'm more aware of him. Thanks for that.

Zippedpinhead anything about the game besides mafia theory? Because I don't think you have posted any read or comment of the game so far. Fanto is carrying you at this point.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question: what the heck is "NAI"?

The way I see it (and since I'm not good at meta reads), D1 votes are arbitrary—unless someone slips up—except for those with ulterior motives. So I don't think much of it right now. It could be meaningful later, but right now, it's just as notable as someone saying they're not going to vote team X because they town read them this early on.

Honestly, I'm just not seeing that much that stands out to me. Monkey vs. Sorian or Sorian vs. the World? All of that seems typical and what you'd expect going into this. People are starting to gang up on Stuart444 because of an apparent change in playstyle and terse posts, but there's nothing that makes it really seem scummy to me right now. B-Dubs' defense was basically a counter to suspicions purely based on meta.

CoolestSpot knowing—or making a game of not knowing—what's going on was odd. Apparently something that fits with what he's done before? How do you start playing without taking a look at your role PM?

The only one who truly stands out to me is Kitsunelaine. Erratic voting patterns with little substance (Sorian to follow the flow, Stuart444 to follow the flow, Rac because "no lynch" is the devil). Very defensive, and very confrontational, without much justification. Neither of those will ever get "passionate town" points from me again. Very intent on casting suspicion on others with the way people word things, like when she jumped the gun thinking Natiko said something Fandorin did, before taking some time to interpret what was actually going on around the quote.

Kalor, her partner, has been unremarkable, which also casts some doubt regarding her. Post activity is of no matter, but it's not town points to have the most by far.
I like this post a lot. I was feeling a little iffy on Brazil and Flux but this makes me feel good about Flux, at least. It's thoughtful and Flux is sometimes a slow starter but puts in good thought even if I don't always agree with his conclusions.
A different approach will just lead to accusations of trying to please people (has happened in the past) or "Oh, this is an unnatural shift in gameplay". Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As for reads. Not really. At least not yet...
I feel this, my dude. Even if we weren't partnered, I'd feel this. Been there.
First thing that stood out to me is that they seem to post at different times.
Stu addressed this a bit but yeah. He's in Europe, I'm in US, and we're on different sleep cycles to boot. We've had a few direct boat interactions but mostly it's delayed back and forth, too.
tells me you aren't reading most of this thread (which has already been extremely obvious).
This is either a gross misreading, some kind of weird tactic, or a straight up lie. I read the thread obsessively even when I'm scum and don't really have to. I don't even know what you're doing here, Sorian. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Be back in a bit.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like this post a lot. I was feeling a little iffy on Brazil and Flux but this makes me feel good about Flux, at least. It's thoughtful and Flux is sometimes a slow starter but puts in good thought even if I don't always agree with his conclusions.

I feel this, my dude. Even if we weren't partnered, I'd feel this. Been there.

Stu addressed this a bit but yeah. He's in Europe, I'm in US, and we're on different sleep cycles to boot. We've had a few direct boat interactions but mostly it's delayed back and forth, too.

This is either a gross misreading, some kind of weird tactic, or a straight up lie. I read the thread obsessively even when I'm scum and don't really have to. I don't even know what you're doing here, Sorian. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Be back in a bit.

There are holes in what you are quoting and responding to that tells me you are skipping chunks of the thread, I can't tell how much of that is you posting before actually catching up and how much is you losing extra time to work during the day today, regardless, yeah, I'm aware you usually read the thread as both alignments, that's what's confusing me here.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I have similar thoughts on you/B-dubs as I do with Stu/Monkey. I feel one side feels scummy (B-dubs/Stu) and the other side less so, but I'm mixed on and don't feel either of you have done favors for yourselves thus far. But clearly we aren't even halfway done with D1 so it still feels very premature. It's why I've refrained from voting either Bdubs or Stu for the time being.
Do you think both could be scum? I feel with the way they've been going at each other really unlikely for S/S, there's no meta reason for them to be this aggressive.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
To elaborate: I'm much more interested in how votes land today as opposed to all this jibber jabber

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Read Monkey. Lacks the punch a bit, but besides this there was only this:

These votes on me and Stu, they came super early in the day, like within the first few hours. Do y'all really think that Stuart and I are going to sail into a game as scum and out ourselves immediately? It is a billion times more likely that we were just relaxed coming in and not concerned. That should tell y'all something. That should definitely tell Sorian and Geno something; they've been around the flagpole enough times to know how to read that (Fran gets a pass because I'm a hellbeast to Fran; got that Always Seems Scum syndrome). I know it's still early but all y'all just sitting on these votes is complacent. I know we hate to reassess but like... really, the odds of scum!Dr. Stuart showing their scum asses in the first three hours of the game is low.

Someone, don't remember who sry, said something about intention and the actual result. No scum intends to be obvious about their alignment. The thing about Stu is that he could be ANGERY because he did not intent to be seen as scum when he wanted to appear as the reasonable voice that guides the townies towards the actual discussion from the perils of jokes and may-mays.

I don't think Monkey worsens the case.