• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for being a little inactive. That many players together with the pair mechanic are probably a bit much for me but I'll try to form a coherent thought.

Not much. I asked how he felt about them to bounce my feelings off of someone else for an extra opinion. He mentioned that he wasn't so confident about the pair and that he would like to wait and see. I mentioned that I felt good about them so far so I was willing to look elsewhere today. Then he vanished.
As Pirate Bae said, I still feel a bit suspicious of Dr. Stu. While Monkey has produced some good content now, Stu pretty much just told everyone to "do better" while providing nothing himself. The reason I hesitate to vote here is because in Brexit 2 Stu was scum read by pretty much everyone the whole game but still managed to out basically the whole scum team. So for now I would put that scum read on the back burner but I will pick it up again if nothing new comes from there.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
As for the other pairs I don't have a clear scum or town read, but I'll list some pairs I probably won't vote today:

ZippedFanto: I really liked Fantos contributions though I don't really agree with his conclusions. This feels exactly like town Fanto to me.

S-Dubs: While dangerous to be kept alive, I don't really get scum vibes from either of the two.

Dr. Stu: I explained that in my previous post. Won't vote today, but will pick up again tomorrow if necessary.

NatForce: I feel there were some solid contributions and scum hunting.

The other pairs I'll have to go over again to determine if I want to vote for them.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the vote leaders, it's me/monkey followed by Bae/Malus.

Regardless of who ends up voted out today, it's going to be town either sleepwalking into a lucky catch (aka get scum) or into a "ow, we're down two town members ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " which is probably more likely.

It's typical D1ness. All votes and justifications are flimsy. They only become useful after we have a flip with which we can glean info from and look into those that voted/didn't vote for whoever flipped, scum or town.

That said, we do have a shit ton of people not voting and I think people actually need to start putting some fucking votes down!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Fep doesn't inspire much confidence, I just looked through their posts. Some fluff posts and random votes for Kitsu then Sorian then Kitsu again then:

I'm so unmoved by what I just finished reading I'm not sure what to say, but god damn if I'm going to read through that shit again. I wouldn't bat for anyone right now, don't really care who gets lynched. I would tend to agree with monkey's early posts that it might as well be Sorian. Better now than deal with later when he's red checked claiming town arsonist and town falls over themselves not to vote him

Which is shade thrown towards Sorian but also saying he doesn't care who gets voted out.

Some more nothing posts and then the one I responded to.

Feels much more disengage than I'm used to from Feps so certainly something to keep an eye on.

Stan said he's at work and will post more thoughts when he gets home so I won't comment on him atm.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Stuart444 & Dr. Monkey (4 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535 #1,289
Geno - #729
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,113
Fran - #275
Sorian - #356
Fantomas - #440 #1,037

Pirate Bae & malus (3 votes)
Natiko - #1,026
TheChuggernaut - #1,251
Dr. Monkey - #1,281

absolutbro & Ty4on (2 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,289
Terraforce - #944

TheChuggernaut & SkyOdin (2 votes)
Apollo - #1,027
CoolestSpot - #802

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156 #737
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365
Stuart444 - #533 #1,118

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (1 votes)
Geno - #145 #729
Terraforce - #149 #944
empressdonna - #290
Natiko - #742 #1,026

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Kalor - #1,296

Sorian & B-Dubs (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142 #742
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535
Stuart444 - #1,118

Natiko & Terraforce (1 votes)
Fantomas - #1,168

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (1 votes)
Verelios - #349
Dr. Monkey - #776 #1,206
Fantomas - #1,037 #1,168

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140 #802

rac & Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397

Not voting: FluxWaveZ, Xbro, B-Dubs, Fandorin, Pirate Bae, absolutbro, Stantastic, Ty4on, Kyanrute, Brazil, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 133 Stuart444: 120 Sorian: 102 Natiko: 72 Geno: 71 Dr. Monkey: 63 Terraforce: 57 CoolestSpot: 52 Fantomas: 52 Pirate Bae: 43 TheChuggernaut: 38 Verelios: 38 Fran: 37 Ty4on: 21 FluxWaveZ: 20 Kalor: 20 Kyanrute: 19 B-Dubs: 18 Z-Beat: 18 Reki: 17 Funky Dude Sparks: 17 rac: 16 empressdonna: 15 Stantastic: 15 flatearthpandas: 14 Brazil: 14 SkyOdin: 14 Fandorin: 9 absolutbro: 8 Vincent Alexander: 8 Zippedpinhead: 8 Xbro: 6 malus: 6 Apollo: 3

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Fep doesn't inspire much confidence, I just looked through their posts. Some fluff posts and random votes for Kitsu then Sorian then Kitsu again then:

Which is shade thrown towards Sorian but also saying he doesn't care who gets voted out.

Some more nothing posts and then the one I responded to.

Feels much more disengage than I'm used to from Feps so certainly something to keep an eye on.

Stan said he's at work and will post more thoughts when he gets home so I won't comment on him atm.
no please,

comment away

i dare you

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, I can't. You haven't given us much to work with at all. Slightly more than Feps with some of your posts but without looking, I wouldn't have been able to recall one single post of yours.
oh i get it, you just insinuated that you did have something to say to make yourself look better, gotcha.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
oh i get it, you just insinuated that you did have something to say to make yourself look better, gotcha.

Nope.

I just didn't want to comment on you at all until I saw more from you.

Fep is the more concerning one since I'd expect a lot more from him than we've gotten so far. And since your partners, I'd like to hear more from you as well.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Kyanrute what do you think about Brazil? He's not been too active as pointed out above (at least compared to what I'd expect from him regardless of alignment)

Also what do you think about Fep/Stan?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Nope.

I just didn't want to comment on you at all until I saw more from you.

Fep is the more concerning one since I'd expect a lot more from him than we've gotten so far. And since your partners, I'd like to hear more from you as well.
very strange way to phrase that initially but okay.
It means that imo your alignment becomes more clear the longer the game goes on. Dunno, maybe from D4 onward, four is a big number; if your content is lacking, you are a meanie. If not, you are a valuable member of the town community.
yeah nah i got it now, i just didnt realise what D[number] meant,
fair call.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And finally a vote, because there's 0 reason for anyone not to have one at this point.
There's plenty of reasons. It's D1, there are 34 players in total, and things are uncertain right now with no real direction. Things will become an inevitable mess by EoD anyways. I also don't like to place votes frivolously.

But sure, if you insist.

Vote: Kalor

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Kyanrute what do you think about Brazil? He's not been too active as pointed out above (at least compared to what I'd expect from him regardless of alignment)

Also what do you think about Fep/Stan?

Silence of the Brazilians is a noted phenomenon in Kyaaa-land as well. Though #feels said that he is town. I still think I agree with the #feels, Brazil's start was ZZZ and a minor little oddity, but the mid-ingame-day of his was, while the content was not as numerous as it could've been, sufficient enough for me to agree with the #feels. I'll look at Flux quickly in a bit to see if he is being weird.

For Stan I'd use the patented Stan-alignometer-3000, but that works, as previously described, from D4 or so onward only. Alas, I am thus going to fall to #feels and very softly town Stan. Feps had a single defensive comment that was already brought up by someone, I did not like that comment in particular and that is about all what I remember from him. I'll read Feps too.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Also, what do you mean? Fantomas is among the top posters.

Oh, I completely missed that I voted for the wrong person. I meant to vote for Fandorin. That what 8am posting gets me.

Vote: Fandorin

As to your post about voting, the lack of a real direction right now is the exact reason that people should be voting. Even if the reasoning is weak, it's better to poke everything and see what moves.

Oct 25, 2017
Silence of the Brazilians is a noted phenomenon in Kyaaa-land as well. Though #feels said that he is town. I still think I agree with the #feels, Brazil's start was ZZZ and a minor little oddity, but the mid-ingame-day of his was, while the content was not as numerous as it could've been, sufficient enough for me to agree with the #feels. I'll look at Flux quickly in a bit to see if he is being weird.

For Stan I'd use the patented Stan-alignometer-3000, but that works, as previously described, from D4 or so onward only. Alas, I am thus going to fall to #feels and very softly town Stan. Feps had a single defensive comment that was already brought up by someone, I did not like that comment in particular and that is about all what I remember from him. I'll read Feps too.

Okay so is #feels Donna...?

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil's day here reminds me of his day one in HoH without the part where got into an argument with me, but he did slightly scum read me today so I'll give him a pass there. He turned out to be town in that game. If I wasn't in that game I think I would agree that he seems a bit off, but as of now I don't have much of an issue with him.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
There's plenty of reasons. It's D1, there are 34 players in total, and things are uncertain right now with no real direction. Things will become an inevitable mess by EoD anyways. I also don't like to place votes frivolously.

But sure, if you insist.

Vote: Kalor

Also out of curiosity, why me?

Oct 25, 2017
No. They are the #feels. Others call them "gut reads", "meta reads", or just say that they "feel that x is of y alignment".

My feels are obviously better than those of not-Kyaaa, so my feels get a hashtag of their own to signify their importance.

#feels > feels

Okay, I got you. I have no idea why I assumed you were talking about a person instead of the concept of feels. My mistake.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was neat, not often i feel motivated to do some behavior analyses this early in the game.
So i just went through all of Stuarts posts and i have some findings.

Obvious the big issue with Stu has been how his attitude has rubbed many the wrong way so ill start there.

Stuart started the game very upbeat and jokey, this maintained for a few pages before pretty suddenly turning into the more dismissive attitude he has carried since (the turn happened round pg12).
Things is this change in attitude doesn't appear to have been motivated by anything in the game, next to no suspicion or attention had been thrown his way at this point, best i can say its something external to the game.

This was followed by some pushback to his dismissive attitude as he and monkey got a couple votes, this seemed to catalyze Stus attitude and he started to get pretty snippy about it, which in turn garnered extra pushback, round and around a few times and we have our current situation.

Tldr i really dont see Stus current attitude as scummy as i dont believe it was motivated by this game, only exacerbated by it.

Now beyond that i do feel its pretty notable hat despite consistently being in the highest post counts i didnt see a single solid stance on anything outside himself this whole game, the vast majority of his posts are basically pointless, and any interaction with anyone has just been prodding them on very generic questions, never anything insightful or sharp enough that i can classify beyond busywork.

The flip to this is there were many instance on stu building halfway to an actual point or observation only to leave it with a coyly insinuating "Hmmm", which usually sets off alarm bells for me,
but after trying it on Sorians breadcrumb comment and clearly not actually having any real argument to back it up i feel confident that he does this when he really just hasn't thought his point through and is working on an actual vague feeling.

Bam.

I dont wanna lynch Stu today.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I think I attributed a non-Feps post to Feps, since I can't find the post I was referencing before. Overall, he has said very little. This was the most noteworthy bit:

I'm so unmoved by what I just finished reading I'm not sure what to say, but god damn if I'm going to read through that shit again. I wouldn't bat for anyone right now, don't really care who gets lynched. I would tend to agree with monkey's early posts that it might as well be Sorian. Better now than deal with later when he's red checked claiming town arsonist and town falls over themselves not to vote him

Which I think is so out of place that meanies would realize it when writing it. It is too carefree.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I was planning on doing another one on Monkey but im not sure if i have it in me tonight, plus its feeling a lot less nessesary now that i think i have a good grasp on Stu atm.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not locked in on a vote yet. With one of the current vote leaders being Stuart and dr monkey, I am trying to determine what I feel about them.

I feel like Stuart is playing a normal town game. Monkey is playing more of a in your face game this day phase. Which usually is town, except it feels different for Dr Monkey. Maybe it's because I have not played as many games with her?

Next closest is pirate bae and Malus, I gotta reread what their positions are and why they are being pursued.

So I'm not locked in yet, but I will be pprior to day end

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I don't like people not putting the money where their mouth is.
"Stu is scummy but I won't vote because he and monkey are strong as town"
This is bad logic, if you feel they are scummy then vote them.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With my earlier comment on the "No Lynch" voting, I am not sure how you got the impression that I was trying to be inoffensive or wishy-washy on the subject. I have a very simple opinion on the subject: if you are going to vote No Lynch, then you damn well better supply a solid argument as to why when you make the vote. If not, then don't bother making that vote or wasting our time bringing the possibility up. I naturally have a very strong dislike for unexplained votes, and that goes double for ones that appear to go against the interests of town.

Maybe I should word my issue as: it should go without saying that you better have a good reason for any serious vote. And so your post on that subject felt really extraneous to me, and your aside at the end felt as if it were to placate those who disagreed with you. This isn't a huge deal for me, but it's interesting considering the trend in Chugg's posts.

Addressing both of these. I don't know if soft defending is the right word. I'm kind of hard defending Stuart here. I also straight up like a lot of Monkey's post today. There's a bit more to my defense then just thinking he'll be useful later. I've said that I don't think today is super out of the ordinary for town Stuart. The B-Dubs read was me being mistaken. I'm not sticking by that one. As far as the no hard stance thing that I think Fantomas mentioned also. I'm a little bit hesitant to go in on a read I'm not super sure of after HoH had me doing that a lot and people just kept flipping town. I'm trying to take my time a bit and think this through. And no one is really jumping out to me as scummy at this very moment.

Yeah, soft defending probably wasn't that accurate. But I don't think that really changeswhat I'm trying to get at. You consistently defended other players, without making much in the way of a case of your own. Nobody jumping out to you as scummy is plausible, but so is the alternative. I do think you're doing a bit better now though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I got you. I have no idea why I assumed you were talking about a person instead of the concept of feels. My mistake.
There was also an earlier post where he referred to #feels as a reason for some folks. I assume this was a callback to that.
I'm not locked in on a vote yet. With one of the current vote leaders being Stuart and dr monkey, I am trying to determine what I feel about them.

I feel like Stuart is playing a normal town game. Monkey is playing more of a in your face game this day phase. Which usually is town, except it feels different for Dr Monkey. Maybe it's because I have not played as many games with her?

Next closest is pirate bae and Malus, I gotta reread what their positions are and why they are being pursued.

So I'm not locked in yet, but I will be pprior to day end
Are you only looking at the current vote leaders?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people are still voting for Sorian based on past actions rather than anything in this game. I don't really see a case for voting for them here.
Gonna try to ask you the same thing I asked Bae: looking at this game, what has Sorian done that is townie? What specific action gives you a townie feeling on him, what's pro-town, etc? Or is he just not scummy to you.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try to ask you the same thing I asked Bae: looking at this game, what has Sorian done that is townie? What specific action gives you a townie feeling on him, what's pro-town, etc? Or is he just not scummy to you.

This was weird reading on catch up just now and it's still weird here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

I can't point at a specific action or post. Just a gut feeling more than anything.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This was weird reading on catch up just now and it's still weird here.
My friend, my nemesis, let's be real: you are rarely scummy in early game, even when you are scum. So when someone like Fran yells at me for wanting to vote you because you can be so helpful, I want to see it. Mostly what I'm seeing is people don't want to vote you "because."

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Kalor, after her complete drop-off after 120~ posts, has your partner been active in your boat?

Yes. Discussion has been a bit spread out at times due to timezones but that was going to happen. I wouldn't call it a complete dropoff, she's still been posting in the main thread today. Just maybe a slight adjustment after the initial rush of starting a new game.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Vote: Pirate Bae

Yarr Bae is mimicking her previous scum game. In addition, she and her partner malus haven't, I feel, done that much / went out there and worked on things on their own. She spent most of the early-to-mid-ingame-day avoiding the conversation with branding it as meaningless fluff. Finally, she puts notable emphasis on the pair mechanic, even commenting that she is using it to restrict her actions. As a policy, harmony between the partners is good, but in the grand context it feels like she is retroactively justifying the lack of content from her and her partner.

I am not certain who I'd entertain as the alternative at this point.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Stu coming back to trying reasoning instead of ANGERY gained some points but then Doc keeps on with the Sorian fixation / playing defense instead of offense. Ehh. Not fully feeling this, because the reasoning why I'd want them dead is twisting itself. But sure, they don't feel good. I'd categorize them as a fallback candidate instead of an alternative though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Discussion has been a bit spread out at times due to timezones but that was going to happen. I wouldn't call it a complete dropoff, she's still been posting in the main thread today. Just maybe a slight adjustment after the initial rush of starting a new game.
She has 134 posts. Only 14 after that first chunk of the phase when she racked up so many so quickly.

So not only has this dropoff been a scum thing before, but almost none of her content has to do with the way the game is actually developing in the first phase.