• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
There's this, too. Scum now have an exact target for them to kill this night phase. What does it mean if that duo survives? It's gonna lead into that frustrating mindgame.
I can understand Reki, who is new, voicing this inside thought. I don't really understand why you would, though. Unless you're winding up for a reason to vote them anyway, what's the point?

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I will admit that this latest development has left me uncertain where I should place my vote. Previously I was fairly apathetic between Pirate Bae/malus and Ty4on/absolute. However, I am inclined to give someone who soft claims to have some sort of PR at least one more day to prove themselves.

However, that defaults my vote to Ty4on/absolutebro. I am still somewhat apathetic about that choice. I still lean town on kitsunelaine/kalor, so I won't move my vote there.

Well, it isn't a bad option to vote Ty4on/absolutebro. I at least have a mediocrum of confidence in some of the people voting for that duo. I'm just trying to talk through my though process and am ending up rambling though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
God, I almost want to switch my vote for you just for this
giphy.gif

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
It's giving benefit of the doubt when it can just be simply scum doing anything they can to stay alive when they're currently on the chopping block.

They weren't on the chopping block. The vote was tied at the time.

Soft claiming a PR when there was still an hour left and when they lynch is settled is suspicious (and similar with what happened in Mafiera).

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
When someone says "you really don't want to lynch me" they are likely insinuating they are an important PR. Bae is a smart player so it's good enough to assume she is aware of the implication.
It is the same shtick, you're going to get the same claim too from the looks of things. Apparently you thought this game was going to dig out old Love Boat 2 wounds but instead the wounds will be of the MafiEra variety.
This is the most Sorian series of posts yet. Just what.

On the record, I feel like AB has been pretty good today and wouldn't vote there although his lover isn't really making me confident in them. Ty I don't know, you're a blackhole of weird today.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

absolutbro & Ty4on (9 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,289
Brazil - #1,566
Terraforce - #944
Stantastic - #1,407
Xbro - #1,410
Fantomas - #1,451
Fandorin - #1,452
Natiko - #1,633
TheChuggernaut - #1,649

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (5 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156 #737
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365 #1,648
Stuart444 - #533 #1,118
FluxWaveZ - #1,318
Dr. Monkey - #1,418
malus - #1,430
CoolestSpot - #1,445
Pirate Bae - #1,448

Pirate Bae & malus (3 votes)
Natiko - #1,026 #1,633
TheChuggernaut - #1,251 #1,649
Dr. Monkey - #1,281 #1,418
Kyanrute - #1,345 #1,654
Fran - #1,453
empressdonna - #1,456
rac - #1,461
Vincent Alexander - #1,481 #1,643

Dr. Monkey & Stuart444 (2 votes)
Fran - #275 #1,453
Sorian - #356 #1,477
Fantomas - #440 #1,037
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535 #1,289
Geno - #729
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,113

Brazil & FluxWaveZ (2 votes)
absolutbro - #1,458
Sorian - #1,477

Fran & Fandorin (1 votes)
SkyOdin - #1,547
Kalor - #1,321 #1,474

B-Dubs & Sorian (1 votes)
Fandorin - #1,385 #1,452
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142 #742
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535
Stuart444 - #1,118

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (1 votes)
Verelios - #349
Dr. Monkey - #776 #1,206
Fantomas - #1,037 #1,168

Apollo & Verelios (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #1,423

TheChuggernaut & SkyOdin (1 votes)
Apollo - #1,027
CoolestSpot - #802 #1,445

rac & Vincent Alexander (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397
Kalor - #1,474

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140 #802

Natiko & Terraforce (0 votes)
Fantomas - #1,168 #1,369

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (0 votes)
Geno - #145 #729
Terraforce - #149 #944
empressdonna - #290 #1,355
Natiko - #742 #1,026

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Kalor - #1,296 #1,321

Not voting: B-Dubs, flatearthpandas, Ty4on, Kyanrute, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 137 Sorian: 133 Stuart444: 128 Dr. Monkey: 96 Natiko: 88 Geno: 83 Fantomas: 62 Terraforce: 61 CoolestSpot: 59 Pirate Bae: 57 Fran: 54 TheChuggernaut: 48 Verelios: 46 Kalor: 42 Kyanrute: 35 FluxWaveZ: 31 Z-Beat: 31 Fandorin: 27 Brazil: 27 absolutbro: 26 Stantastic: 25 SkyOdin: 23 Reki: 22 Ty4on: 22 empressdonna: 20 B-Dubs: 20 rac: 19 Funky Dude Sparks: 17 flatearthpandas: 16 Vincent Alexander: 15 Xbro: 11 malus: 10 Zippedpinhead: 9 Apollo: 7

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Soft claiming a PR when there was still an hour left and when they lynch is settled is suspicious (and similar with what happened in Mafiera).

I too like when the claim comes 5 minutes before day end. What are you on about Fran?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand Reki, who is new, voicing this inside thought. I don't really understand why you would, though. Unless you're winding up for a reason to vote them anyway, what's the point?
I think because I'm winding up to this, but I'm unsure if it's right: I think Pirate Bae should actually straight up tell us what her team's role is. The soft claim to have people no longer focus on her duo, but also give leeway to whatever power she might have depending on what happens before the next day phase, and also able to justify why she might not be killed this night phase doesn't sit right with me at all. Scum know she apparently has a PR now.

Well, she's still among the vote leaders, and we're fairly close to the deadline. She also hasn't outright made a claim, I don't think the timing is that crazy.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ty and AB aren't scum, just fyi. You all didn't accidently trip into the correct lynch and scum isn't bussing in this climate.

Oct 25, 2017
I think because I'm winding up to this, but I'm unsure if it's right: I think Pirate Bae should actually straight up tell us what her team's role is. The soft claim to have people no longer focus on her duo, but also give leeway to whatever power she might have depending on what happens before the next day phase, and also able to justify why she might not be killed this night phase doesn't sit right with me at all. Scum know she apparently has a PR now.

I kind of don't agree? Scum has no idea if her role is actually a big deal or not so they're forced to decide if they should take the risk and leave her alive in the hopes that town takes care of it or just kill her.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
She pretty much did, especially with earlier clues that click now. She said a hell of a lot more than I think she should have, honestly.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

Well, she's still among the vote leaders, and we're fairly close to the deadline. She also hasn't outright made a claim, I don't think the timing is that crazy.
Full claim tomorrow if I make it that far.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
She pretty much did, especially with earlier clues that click now. She said a hell of a lot more than I think she should have, honestly.
Hm. Well, I guess I'll go back and read with this context, then. I wasn't going to vote for her duo and I still won't, but now I'm more alarmed.

But yes,
I kind of don't agree? Scum has no idea if her role is actually a big deal or not so they're forced to decide if they should take the risk and leave her alive in the hopes that town takes care of it or just kill her.

Still, it's like Sorian says: there's no real urgency to determining if it's a lie or not at this moment. The danger is that people always tend to forget, and current events always become less important as we move onto the next phase. I wouldn't wish for that to happen here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Still, it's like Sorian says: there's no real urgency to determining if it's a lie or not at this moment. The danger is that people always tend to forget, and current events always become less important as we move onto the next phase. I wouldn't wish for that to happen here.
Are you high? Literally no one is going to forget a PR claim.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Hm. Well, I guess I'll go back and read with this context, then. I wasn't going to vote for her duo and I still won't, but now I'm more alarmed.

But yes,

I heavily doubt we're going to forget a role claim promise D1. We're sharks when it comes to that, other information be damned.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Personally, I prefer that people claim early enough for us to talk about it like this, rather than fifteen minutes before day end when we have no time to think.

Oct 26, 2017
Quoted for the phrasing at the end because I'm a five year old.
I'm going to have to get myself a recorder and work on my phrasing...

kmz97Zf.gif

I think PRs are so important to wipe out that any smart scum would go for it one way or other, whether they think it is a weak claim or not.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Chugger is a bit tame and Sky had like a single post that was odd but the rest was fine. rac / Vincent is a bigger dice roll than abso and Ty are.

Coolest. That is a fancy vote. Where did he disappear again. Just got pushback and wanted to bring up peeps who were silent. He never did.

Alternatively kill Flux for being Flux and Brazil not having a regular schedule.

VOTE: CoolestSpot

i am sure this train will win

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I have Great Discomfort with this whole line from Flux. I know he often does his own thing but this is a bit extreme.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
And yes, I am responding to chat from like five minutes ago. Typing is slow on mobile with a laggy interface.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, a PR soft claim. That's par for the course for D1 I guess.

Unsure if this is the best lynch for information going forward, but I don't see many alternatives right now.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lynch them because Brazil is kind of sketch but that sounds like normal Flux tbh.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still fine with my vote on Ty, though I do think some better cases have been made more recently against Kits/Kalor. I would also be open to a new wagon opening up, I see Kyan has just voted for Coolest/Z-Beat which is something I could actually get behind here. Flux is being kind of weird too, but I'm unsure of my read on him here and I haven't really thought too much of Brazil other than him not being around as much, but he was the same way in HoH and says that it's due to real life circumstances, so his activity is NAI to me.

Also, I am sorry for my partner's absence, he has been unexpectedly busy at work and was unable to give the game much time this phase, but promises to be able to play more on D2. He checked in earlier in our boat chat and agreed with me on where I said my vote was going to go, though I think he is kind of leaning on me hard here for D1.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are you high? Literally no one is going to forget a PR claim.
I heavily doubt we're going to forget a role claim promise D1. We're sharks when it comes to that, other information be damned.
Not forget, but not focus on it moving forward. It's happened all the time in previous games I've been in, and I'll always take a vague PR claim more seriously than maybe I should.
I have Great Discomfort with this whole line from Flux. I know he often does his own thing but this is a bit extreme.
I think you're overstating what I'm saying. It's basically the same with any PR claim I've responded to in any past game I've been in. I reacted exactly the same way in MafiEra, but here I don't think there's any reason to call for blood. I'm fine with just waiting it out, but what I'm saying is that I'm just not going to buy it, either.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Leaving work. Will be away for the rest of the day.

I still think they are lying but I don't have the time to look for the breadcrumbs.

vote: Ty4on

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're overstating what I'm saying. It's basically the same with any PR claim I've responded to in any past game I've been in. I reacted exactly the same way in MafiEra, but here I don't think there's any reason to call for blood. I'm fine with just waiting it out, but what I'm saying is that I'm just not going to buy it, either.
I didn't call for blood. I said it seemed extreme for you. Y'all need to stop putting words in my mouth.

And it's truly not a vague claim at all.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I actually get what FluxWave was going for, since it is easy to get sidetracked by new shiny stuff and let the status quo of certain players stand. I think that is a debate for tomorrow though.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't call for blood. I said it seemed extreme for you. Y'all need to stop putting words in my mouth.

And it's truly not a vague claim at all.
No, I'm talking about myself. I'm the one who called for blood based on vague PR claims in the past (in MafiEra). You're saying this is extreme for me, but say my reaction to Faddy's PR claim in MafiEra was far more extreme, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

And sure, again, I'm not as keen to these apparent overt hints that you guys have seen, so I guess I will be once I look for them.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: Kalor

Would rather take the possible miss than the sure fire miss. If you are town sitting on AB/Ty then I have bad news for you.