• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Next game we play I'm going to call you scum withing the first few hours of day one then dip out entirely until day 4 aside from tunneling you. You better townread the hell out of me then, because that's exactly what your partner is doing here. See how nonsensical that shit sounds?? If you don't see it then you're lying to yourself to protect your partner.
i mean are you arguing that town doesnt do that?
wed still probably have sorian arguing with monkey right now if sorian didnt die
id still be on malus bae

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you thought that then vote for us Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 instead of concern trolling my ass Day 4 about reads you didn't give a fuck about until you needed some reassurance, because I sure as hell woulda voted you Day 1 if I thought it was scummy. Miss me with this after the fact.
I just said I didn't notice until the ISO. I also just said we should go back over the low effort posters today since I and others had the failing of focusing on the high volume posters, which I did go over just recently as I openly telegraphed. Don't act like this is so sudden when I lead up to this even before I decided to target Apollo specifically.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I literally goddamn mentioned I'd be done in around half an hour at which point I'd be able to give y'all whatever you wanted from me. I know I've played like shit this game but like I'm sitting here trying to be transparent about when I'm going to be able to properly sit down and contribute properly and for you. I don't mind if you think my read is shit, Terra. I don't mind that you're targeting me for my poor play. I mind that you're sitting here not only completely disregarding the fact that I had an IRL obligation to deal with (during which time I was still doing my best to be as engaged as I can be on mobile) and trying to spin that against me.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
i mean are you arguing that town doesnt do that?
wed still probably have sorian arguing with monkey right now if sorian didnt die
id still be on malus bae
Yes I am arguing that. If you post three posts day one and two of them are tunneling a single poster and you're town, then you really need to seriously re evaluate your playstyle immediately. Otherwise you're just hurting the rest of us. Your sorian example is in no way analogous because both of them actually scumhunted and targeted other players as well, even if brief at times. And they both justified their decision and their reasoning evolved over time rather than being 1 for 1 the EXACT opinion they had of each other mere hours into the game.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't me ducking out with a green check so I don't have to contribute. I'm still going to sit here and and articulate myself the best I can. But this is me doing whatever I can to reduce the anxiety I'm feeling this moment to the best of my ability, and I appreciate Vere for letting me do this

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas Dr. Monkey sorry it took this long. I didn't present it this way, but my thoughts N2 and the start of D3 were mostly like this;

Lean town
CoolestSpot
Kyonna
AbsolutFat
Pirate Malus
Verollo: since I don't want to mislead; my last post said "light town-lean" but my read list "town-read", I misremembered there. Apologies.

Raxander
Natforce

TheSkyChugger: to be fair I didn't commit to a read at that time.
FlatearthStan
Dr. Stuart

BrawaveZ: mostly due to FluxWaveZ' style.

Funky Dude Geno: for the defense of Zippedpinhead, and as a consequence of my Fantomas read.
Fantomas: for what I read as a poorly backed vote (not that I haven't been guilty myself) and an overreaction. With the caveat of a Sorian town flip.
Lean mafia

What's the problem here? My mafia reads were a disaster. Both BrawaveZ and more recently Funky Dude Geno flipped town. The last one in particular proved that a strong defense of a supposed slip is NAI. Thank you, that was obvious from the start! But at the time it seemed like such a convincing argument to me...

Well, I was super wrong. And since that's the case, I needed to find another angle to theorize about the mafia team.

Regarding Verelios; in the short exchanges with Fantomas, I was open in saying that (gosh I hate to quote myself);

If that was the case, then I'd be looking at Verelios first. Mostly because my town-lean on him was based on some pretty good effort, but that's ultimately NAI.

I've been willing to re-read them since the start. Especially in light of Apollo's contributions.

Then there's the "divorced feeling" explanation. As Verelios said, he wasn't feeling good about TheSkyChugger due to them looking like they weren't really engaged with the EoD at which S-Dubs were lunched. I thought, how weird, since that could be said of other couples too, including us. The answer wasn't really satisfactory.

Now, as you all know, Verelios EoD was... weird. Basically avoiding voting for what looked like a confirmed mafia slip. At some point floating the idea of a bomb (not even sure if he was serious or just joking). That obviously deducts points.

Now, maybe I expressed myself in the wrong way, but Verollo isn't a strong mafia read. That's why it has like three or four spaces before the "Lean mafia" tag. That's why, as said to Fantomas, I want to look at how do they play today.

So, your list here is troubling me a bit because I can't really get a sense for how you are viewing the game. You seem to be giving more credence to grand scum plan theories today than you are to more logical or occam's razor like approaches which I am seeing from people I am leaning more Town on. This is what troubles me.

I am. Because after that flip I have nothing solid. But as crazy as it could sound, right now following my partner is the only thing I can bet on. And making some deals with some of you, since there seems to be quite a few mafia-reads on us but just one vote.

How do you get to placing Vere as Scum with me and Monkey slightly above?

I made some points against you yesterday, and agreed with SkyOdin's post. I'm way more unsure of that today though.

In regards to Monkey, I'm following my partner and wondering how is she alive in D4. If I was mafia I would have pushed for her night-kill waaaay earlier. She's such a good town leader - with both her and Stu turning the odds against them more than once this game - that she'd be right after any powerful known PR in the list. That way the mafia team would have an easier time controlling discussion in late-game.

Kinda perplexed by these reads. What makes Rac/VA nullish in your mind for instance?

This is how I explained it D3;

Both FlatearthStan and Raxander are blind spots for me. The first already explained (we'll be looking at them with my partner), the second because everyone seems to meta-read rac's playstyle as something normal, and since this is the first time seeing him that's a bit harder for me to accept.

Now, does that hold weight after the Pirate malus flip? Maybe not, and you're right.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I literally goddamn mentioned I'd be done in around half an hour at which point I'd be able to give y'all whatever you wanted from me. I know I've played like shit this game but like I'm sitting here trying to be transparent about when I'm going to be able to properly sit down and contribute properly and for you. I don't mind if you think my read is shit, Terra. I don't mind that you're targeting me for my poor play. I mind that you're sitting here not only completely disregarding the fact that I had an IRL obligation to deal with (during which time I was still doing my best to be as engaged as I can be on mobile) and trying to spin that against me.
You kept giving these vague "I can't respond in detail" posts, not "I have a legitimate obligation in real life." How was I supposed to assume that? Why couldn't you just wait until after that obligation before making posts that completely dismissed what I posted? It was that dismissal that was getting to me, and you didn't seem to imply you would get to it later since you were already responding to me.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You kept giving these vague "I can't respond in detail" posts, not "I have a legitimate obligation in real life." How was I supposed to assume that? Why couldn't you just wait until after that obligation before making posts that completely dismissed what I posted? It was that dismissal that was getting to me, and you didn't seem to imply you would get to it later since you were already responding to me.

l thought it was implicit on its own, and I thought it became more implicit as Vere and I called you out on it

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
l thought it was implicit on its own, and I thought it became more implicit as Vere and I called you out on it
Well I'm sorry if that's the case. I thought my perspective was pretty clear with me constantly asking why you were dismissing my questions. Like I said before, if you had an obligation, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just wait until you could respond properly rather than regurgitating the exact same responses. That doesn't really do anything to help and just comes across as a complete dismissal.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So for the list of PRs that we have right now on the board:

Verollo - Bearlebility Reveal
Kyonna - Bear Thieves (Gossip)
Lone_Spot - 1-Shot Double Vote
SkyChugg - Messengers

Then the dead non-Vanilla Town were:
Fran/Fando - 1-Shot Day Vig
Brazil/Flux - Doctor

Just want to make sure we have all that down here.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm sorry if that's the case. I thought my perspective was pretty clear with me constantly asking why you were dismissing my questions. Like I said before, if you had an obligation, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just wait until you could respond properly rather than regurgitating the exact same responses. That doesn't really do anything to help and just comes across as a complete dismissal.

I'm sorry. One of my weaknesses in mafia, and especially this game, is that I'm extremely hesitant to put myself out there without spending a ton of time on individual posts. This often has the undesirable effect of making it so that my thoughts on a number of subjects aren't easily understood because I don't often post about things I don't feel confident about. This personality flaw has manifested itself in an especially poor manner this game.

With this day phase, I wanted to make a concentrated effort to post more so that people could have a better idea of where I stand on things. Even if I wasn't crafting perfectly articulated posts, I wanted to be an actual presence compared to how I have been. This led to me responding to the people I did in the way that I did this evening. I didn't have time to go into much detail, but I wanted people to know, even in only broad terms, where I stood.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
TOWN
Verollo
Kyonna
Lone_Spot
Dr. Stuart
Natforce
Raxander

SkyChugg
FlatearthStans

AbsolutFat
Rexbro
SCUM

This is without entertaining either Monkey/Stu or Nat/Terra as Scum yet because I just really don't think they are, it would be masterful bussing from either of them and some really amazing Blarg-tier Scum plan shit if it's Monkey.

I think that's where I am now for today with that reveal, assuming that's an Innocent Child thing as it seems to be.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So for the list of PRs that we have right now on the board:

Verollo - Bearlebility Reveal
Kyonna - Bear Thieves (Gossip)
Lone_Spot - 1-Shot Double Vote
SkyChugg - Messengers

Then the dead non-Vanilla Town were:
Fran/Fando - 1-Shot Day Vig
Brazil/Flux - Doctor

Just want to make sure we have all that down here.
In light of this we probably need a mass claim.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Huh? What?
giphy.gif

What is this?
giphy.gif

We town BABY, screw ya'll, the only confirmed town alive
083118_padres_dancing_dude.gif

Are you though?
source.gif

Fantomas Dr. Monkey sorry it took this long. I didn't present it this way, but my thoughts N2 and the start of D3 were mostly like this;

Lean town
CoolestSpot
Kyonna
AbsolutFat
Pirate Malus
Verollo: since I don't want to mislead; my last post said "light town-lean" but my read list "town-read", I misremembered there. Apologies.

Raxander
Natforce

TheSkyChugger: to be fair I didn't commit to a read at that time.
FlatearthStan
Dr. Stuart

BrawaveZ: mostly due to FluxWaveZ' style.

Funky Dude Geno: for the defense of Zippedpinhead, and as a consequence of my Fantomas read.
Fantomas: for what I read as a poorly backed vote (not that I haven't been guilty myself) and an overreaction. With the caveat of a Sorian town flip.
Lean mafia

What's the problem here? My mafia reads were a disaster. Both BrawaveZ and more recently Funky Dude Geno flipped town. The last one in particular proved that a strong defense of a supposed slip is NAI. Thank you, that was obvious from the start! But at the time it seemed like such a convincing argument to me...

Well, I was super wrong. And since that's the case, I needed to find another angle to theorize about the mafia team.

Regarding Verelios; in the short exchanges with Fantomas, I was open in saying that (gosh I hate to quote myself);

I've been willing to re-read them since the start. Especially in light of Apollo's contributions.

Then there's the "divorced feeling" explanation. As Verelios said, he wasn't feeling good about TheSkyChugger due to them looking like they weren't really engaged with the EoD at which S-Dubs were lunched. I thought, how weird, since that could be said of other couples too, including us. The answer wasn't really satisfactory.

Now, as you all know, Verelios EoD was... weird. Basically avoiding voting for what looked like a confirmed mafia slip. At some point floating the idea of a bomb (not even sure if he was serious or just joking). That obviously deducts points.

Now, maybe I expressed myself in the wrong way, but Verollo isn't a strong mafia read. That's why it has like three or four spaces before the "Lean mafia" tag. That's why, as said to Fantomas, I want to look at how do they play today.

I am. Because after that flip I have nothing solid. But as crazy as it could sound, right now following my partner is the only thing I can bet on. And making some deals with some of you, since there seems to be quite a few mafia-reads on us but just one vote.

I made some points against you yesterday, and agreed with SkyOdin's post. I'm way more unsure of that today though.

In regards to Monkey, I'm following my partner and wondering how is she alive in D4. If I was mafia I would have pushed for her night-kill waaaay earlier. She's such a good town leader - with both her and Stu turning the odds against them more than once this game - that she'd be right after any powerful known PR in the list. That way the mafia team would have an easier time controlling discussion in late-game.

This is how I explained it D3;

Now, does that hold weight after the Pirate malus flip? Maybe not, and you're right.
I bet you wish this this post took you three more minutes.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Unvote

Need to reconsider the game state assuming that command is what it appears to be. Verello's votes being clean makes the push for kitslor seem far less likely to be scum filled unless Fantohead actually is scum, but I'm still not there even though my boat buddy is convinced. Have company over rn though so it may have to wait until tomorrow on my end.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I hate you all, my write-ups take so much time that they're obsolete the moment I post them

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with mass claiming.

Vere if you're telling the truth (which all signs seem to indicate) you have room to gloat, but please try to keep your partner in check more moving forward. It shouldn't be hard to see why the train arose in the first place.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Stu will mind if I claim for us. We talked about it before since it didn't matter. We're vanilla.

Reki, I see your post and I will get to it but probably not til morning.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Reki Xbro do you have a claim? Because this is really the flip I want to see the most today now obviously, so if you've got anything, I think now's the time.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Vere if you're telling the truth (which all signs seem to indicate) you have room to gloat, but please try to keep your partner in check more moving forward. It shouldn't be hard to see why the train arose in the first place.
Sorry if this came across as assholish as that wasn't the intent. You're seemingly confirmed and Apollo said she would put in the work if we give her a chance so I'm willing to stay open minded.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
That Apollo push wasn't nice. It's ok to vote her for her contributions so far, not so much to push push push someone that said she couldn't commit to writing an adequate explanation right now.

By the way is Era slow for anyone else? Even got a 502.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Hell I hope y'all do get confirmed and this ain't bullshit. Narrows the PoE pool further.

I wonder when we will hear from flatearthpandas and Stantastic.

giphy.gif

I don't have to keep anything in check, the hell are you talking about? Man, that's some shit.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Stu will mind if I claim for us. We talked about it before since it didn't matter. We're vanilla.

Reki, I see your post and I will get to it but probably not til morning.
Ha. Ha. Ha.

My potential scum list for today still stands, and I'm sincere in believing that between Monkey and Fanto, one or both of them is scum. I'd eat my chair on that.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think it would be best for myself to also wait before giving a claim, since I will not be giving a Vanilla claim. I will go before Rac though since he wants to have the last one I guess.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas I've asked Xbro if he is ok with claiming, but it seems like he isn't around.

Please vote us if you're interested in the flip though. Even ignoring all the other points raised thus far, my mafia reads alone deserve it. Am I a bit salty right now.