• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In. Fincher & Miller made it so. Trailer music felt like a dubstep remix of the ol' hardcore gabba days. Solid editing in that trailer. Love these varied anthology style packages. Looks to have plenty of substance in there too.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Why is everyone calling this Animatrix or anime? While there might be some Japanese studios involved (I don't think we know if there are any?) this project seems to be a good mix of all sorts of animation, so there's no indication that there's any particular interest in going anime style or having Japanese creators involved in the anthology. I hope to see representation from lesser known European artists who I might not be familiar with honestly. The best thing about these anthologies by big name directors is exposure for talented smaller folks.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That entire trailer...

wPZVWgD.jpg

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
PS.. Alberto mielgo has a short in this. He's incredible, he had a big part, imo the biggest influence, in Spider-Man into the spiderverse's look.

He was the art director on Tron uprising , beetles rockband opening and an overall badass.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Liking all the Heavy Metal references in here, we definitely need a resurgence of that style in animation. This looks delightfully insane, cool to see Fincher attached as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Why is everyone calling this Animatrix or anime? While there might be some Japanese studios involved (I don't think we know if there are any?) this project seems to be a good mix of all sorts of animation, so there's no indication that there's any particular interest in going anime style or having Japanese creators involved in the anthology. I hope to see representation from lesser known European artists who I might not be familiar with honestly. The best thing about these anthologies by big name directors is exposure for talented smaller folks.
No one is calling this anime though. It's more so people referring to the different art styles and animation used alongside the editing/music reminding them of Animatrix and MTV Liquid which had heavy anime influences.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
It will good to have a guide as to which episode to check out. Listened to some reviews that are pretty negative but they only had access to a selection of episodes (gratuitous objectification of women and feeling like a product of teenage angst being major ones)

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will good to have a guide as to which episode to check out. Listened to some reviews that are pretty negative but they only had access to a selection of episodes (gratuitous objectification of women and feeling like a product of teenage angst being major ones)
Yeah, I'm curious for this thing but I'd rather first see a guide for which of the episodes are good along with maybe warnings for how gory these get first.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yo the CG on this Xbox Pokémon great.

Episode 2 was tonal turn but the humor is eh

Last edited: