• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I like the one with the american werewolf being a US soldier in afghanistan fighting againsg the taliban.

Also as much as people might dislike this thing for being too violent or showing too much nudity i like it. Im tired of animation being held back because of children. As much as i like avatar, or the dragon prince it gets really jarring when there is no blood or barely any scratch in fights. Or how death is handled off screen

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
So far this is awesome!

The Witness is art directed by the guy who was the art director on Spiderman before he was fired. His style is all over spider verse.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
So far this is awesome!

The Witness is art directed by the guy who was the art director on Spiderman before he was fired. His style is all over spider verse.
Yeah, I figured it look familiar. Not sure if the style works well with nudity, though, since every bit and piece looked like it didn't mesh with the base models lol.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit I forgot this was coming out today. Gotta make sure I stock up on snacks and cannabis before going home.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first 5 or 6 episodes with my wife and we both really liked it. The yogourt one was pretty funny. The visuals of The Witness are really incredible.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
The Witness visuals are amazing. I thought Spiderverse would be the best thing I've seen this year

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Checked out the first minute of episode 3 "the witness," and that looked amazing. I'm gonna check out the show, especially since the episodes are very short anyway.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really good to see Netflix giving creators a platform to make some cool & weird stuff. We need more anthologies like this! Personal favourites are probably The Witness (that was one HELL of a short!) and Alternate Histories (gotta say, loved seeing a bunch of jews beating Hitler up). Beyond the Aquila Rift looked pretty cool, too, but then it turned out it's a
Saya no Uta remake
, which felt rather anticlimactic. Otherwise it's a bunch of pretty entertaining and funny, if largely inconsequential films.

Shibi

Oct 25, 2017
I love animation anthologies. Robot Carnival is a personal favorite, Genius Party was good too. I always recommend Memories as well (not quite the same as the others, but well worth checking out). Very interested in seeing this.

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the Hitler one. I wish these were consistently good, but there's definitely a few gems amongst the lot and they're short enough that the bad ones won't bother you for long.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Early Homo species versus dinosaurs? That would be cool

Looks like that is likely "Ice Age" based on a story by Michael Swanwick (who wrote with William Gibson the excellent cyberpunk short story "Dogfight", which appears in the collection "Burning Chrome"). My guess would be it being based on the short story "Scherzo with Tyrannosaur" which was expanded into a novel titled "Bones of the Earth", which heavily involves time travel and paradox.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I really like these. The only disappointment for me is how few of them are 2D animated.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
some of these look absolutely amazing.
not many of them are very interesting or creative, though, but it's definitely worth a watch.

Bora Horza

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I loved the art style used for the alien invasion/farm episode. How many console generations until we get graphics like in Beyond the Aquila Rift, haha.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished Sex Education (tee hee), so I need a new Netflix thing to watch.

Looks like this might be next.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Steampunk episode, which was very cool, especially because you don't know it's gonna be a Steampunk episode at the beginning.

The episodes until now weren't all the most original stories ever created, but they all had something going for them. I'm well entertained.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
4 Episodes in, man I love this!

Episode 1 was off to a great start.
Episode 2 was funny as hell.
Episode 3 had a really cool art style.
Episode 4 gave me Wildstar feels. :(

But god, I need more. This is awesome, I love this.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Making my way through these. It's fairly hit or miss, but the episodes are short so the misses are short lived. Lucky 13 is probably my favorite thus far.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Netlifx misspelled "boobs, cocks and body parts" i think, at some point i was wondering if it wasn't contractual to have frontal nudity in every short.

That said it's really fun to watch entirely, and amazing to see how varied it is visually. Some of those shorts have an insane budget it's scary, and we're not used to see super realistic cgi animated movies, outside of videogame intros.

Most of it is dumb and seems written by students or something, but it gets better toward the end. Zima Blue has a real nice idea.
The last one is something else in term of tech and art direction, it's insane. A masterpiece

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Wow... Beyond the Aquila Rift has some impressive CGI. Loved the story. Watched a bit of FF Spirits Within a month ago and by comparison, it's mindblowing how far we've come in photo real CGI. Decent story too!

Aside from the Yogurt thing, this is great so far.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Done with the first 7 episodes, and just had mind fucking blown by the last one. FUCKK, that looked so good, and the story was awesome. The CGI was spectacular in so many ways. Can't wait to see what's more in store. So far the favourite episodes are 1, 2, 3 and 7.