• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great. I've always liked animated anthologies and 7 episodes in this is really enjoyable. Great looking animation, a variety of different styles and diverse stories.

Plus it has adaptations of Alastair Reynolds' short stories, which I definitely wasn't expecting to see in something like this.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like a number of people are taking a break after episode 7 to rave about the show? Is episode 7 the one that looks particularly good?

Biiru

Oct 29, 2017
The Witness, just wow. It was damn epic, a perfect blend of multiple animation styles. I need more!

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
I've binged them all. Pretty good, all in all. Some episodes didn't have anything that special, but those that did made up for the rest. As they're all pretty short (under 15 minutes), I'd say to anyone interested, just watch them all. You'll get something completely different pretty quickly. Also, in my opinion, most episodes either have very compelling visuals or an engaging story (the best have both), so you're definitely getting something even from the less original stories.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like a number of people are taking a break after episode 7 to rave about the show? Is episode 7 the one that looks particularly good?
Episode 7's good. It's the most interesting story so far for me and the CG is really good.

I stopped there for unrelated reasons (it's getting really late here), but it felt like a good spot for a break.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I couldn't place the actor of the little robot in episode 2, but I recognized the voice.It was Bighead from Silicon Valley. I wasn't enjoying this at first but it grew on me. Going to recommend it to friends and family in the hopes it gets another season to improve.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Saw the trailer on Netflix today..that is a fine gabber tune right there. Might have check this out.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Only watched the first two so far but I liked both of them!

Sonnie's Edge felt like an alternate Dishonored story or something. Even the character models looked just like Dishonored. Pretty cool stuff.

Three Robots was jolly. Would love to see more of this one as a movie or series. The robots were hilarious.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo!!!! I need a full season in the Episode 1 Universe!!! Holy shit was that good!

I just got done with Suits and liked that episode a lot but that first episode blew my mind.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lucky 13 is pretty good too, I guess it helps that I've been reading a bunch of future war movies with dropships and all.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Only watched the first three, this is fantastic stuff. And outstanding animations, oh my.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they might be showing up in random order for different people so best to call out titles. I saw some people saying Sonnie's Edge was first but for me it was Aquila Rift.

Oh I didn't know that.

Sonnie's Edge was the mind blowing episode I was referring to.

I've watched 9 of the episodes and so far

Sonnie's Edge
Suits
Beyond the Aquila Rift

Are my favorites with me wanting a full blown seasons in the Sonnie's Edge universe. All the episodes I've seen are good I just fell in love with the Sonnie's Edge one and that universe.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The narrator gave me a good laugh, but the art style is kinda off-putting.

I've only watched 9 of the episodes but when I got to the yogurt episodes I've already seen so many different animated versions of tits and cocks in this series that when the scene shifted to the White House with the topless female protesting I busted out laughing.

I don't know, I think the art style of the yogurt episode helps sells how over the top and rediculous that episode is/was. It's not a favorite of mine, I just enjoy it for what it is.

Apr 8, 2018
Just finished watching all the shorts. Some pretty great stuff. Hope this series gets renewed for another season.

I'm guessing the chances are low, but it'd be great if some of these shorts got picked up for a full series. I'd love to see more of the "Three Robots" exploring that post-apocalyptic city/wasteland and "Alternate Histories" could make a pretty funny (interactive?) series.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
There's three really great ones and the rest are edgy trash with interesting animation. (If very uncanny valley) Nudity/gore isn't a substitute for actual good writing. Funnily enough, the best one (Zima Blue) is the cleanest of them.

Last edited:

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I love how messy and fun this is. Hit or miss is more like direct hit or complete wiff. Just sloppy as hell with a lot of heart. It's great fun. Millennial Animatrix is great.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Worth to watch. This is why I ain't complaining about my Netflix subscription.

Must see stuff here.

Oct 30, 2017
Man my CGI Radar is broken. Cant tell which of the shorts are using CGI and which ones are real actors except for the one with the refrigerator. Can anyone else tell?

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I always hoped BLUR studios would finally get their vision out to the world. Hopefully next in the future we will get a full length feature film by them.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Man the animation in the third short (The Witness) was absolutely insane. I'm assuming some of it was live action because the texture quality was just so mind-bogglingly photo-realistic otherwise.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen
Sonnie's Edge
Three Robots
Suits
The Witness
Sucker of Souls

Best one so far is Sonnies Edge. Will watch more tomorrow but the animation in each one of these have been fantastic.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The Witness either had amazing CGI or did an incredible blend of live-action and animation.

Either way this show is drool-worthy in 4K HDR.

Oct 27, 2017
Just bumped into this series. It is certainly different but overall I am enjoying to so far. I am about half way through and my fave episode has to be the three robots taking a tour of a post-apocalypse world. The whole cat interaction bit had me laughing.

Even the bad episodes appear to be "watchable". Will finish it tomorrow but so far I like it, certainly nice to have something different and oddball like this.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
Something about the witness and it wasnt the story or nudity or subject matter that drew me in. I thought it was rotoscoped but maybe it isnt, maybe the animation was just that good. Was so impressed. I want to see a full length feature film with that style.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I cant believe how far cg has gotten. Half the shorts looked like it was from 100 million movie productions from few years ago.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Something about the witness and it wasnt the story or nudity or subject matter that drew me in. I thought it was rotoscoped but maybe it isnt, maybe the animation was just that good. Was so impressed. I want to see a full length feature film with that style.
We did, kind of: Into The Spiderverse
So far this is awesome!

The Witness is art directed by the guy who was the art director on Spiderman before he was fired. His style is all over spider verse.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Loved the first two so far. Three Robots is the kind of dark humor I like, it needs to be its own thing. "Stop being a whiny pussy and fucking bounce it".

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
(everyone should watch this if for no other reason than to support the creation of adult animation, even if it has a lot of "Rated M for Mature" edginess to let people know this is for Adults)

Sonnie's Edge: Slick monster v monster arena battle with great visuals and a quasi-original story. Watch. (contains topless female nudity and blood/gore/decapitations)

Three Robots: Kind of an amusing comedy ft. 3 robots exploring a post apocalyptic city. Nothing special.

The Witness: Visually stunning (in the vein of Spider-Verse) story about a mostly naked woman trying to escape a man who she believes killed someone. Watch. (contains prolonged full frontal female nudity and slight blood/gore)

Will watch more tomorrow~

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Good Hunting is by far the best I've seen so far. I liked Suits too. Shout out to Ohio for the Yogurt.