• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
pTU9wLv.jpg

What is Love Live?
Love Live! is a Japanese multimedia franchise created by ASCII Media Work's Dengeki G's magazine, animation studio Sunrise, and the music label Lantis.
The series launched in 2010 as Love Live! School idol project and focused on a group of 9 girls working towards saving their school from closure by forming the school idol group, μ's (Muse). The franchise produced music, radio dramas, manga, games, and more. Performed by the characters' voice actresses, concerts and other events were also held. In 2015 a new project, Love Love! Sunshine!! launched and focused on a new group of school idols, Aqours (Aqua). In 2016, the μ's Final LoveLive! ~µ'sic Forever♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪~ performance was held in Tokyo Dome, marking the end of μ's' activity as a group. From there, Aqours became the main focus of the franchise.

Characters
latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Music
As part of the multimedia aspect of the franchise, Lantis released music sung by μ's until their group activities ended and continues to release music by Aqours. Each group has 3 subunits of 3 members each with a different musical focus than the main group.
μ's subunits:
Printemps: Honoka Kousaka, Kotori Minami, and Hanayo Koizumi
Lily White: Umi Sonoda, Nozomi Tojo, and Rin Hoshizora
BiBi: Eli Ayase, Nico Yazawa, and Maki Nishikino
Aqours subunits:
CYaRon! (Shah-ron): Chika Takami, You Watanabe, and Ruby Kurosawa
Azalea: Kanan Matsuura, Dia Kurosawa, and Hanamaru Kunikida
Guilty Kiss: Riko Sakurauchi, Yoshiko Tsushima, and Mari Ohara

Anime
Love Live! School idol project
•Produced by Sunrise
•Directed by Takahiko Kyōgoku
Led by Honoka Kousaka, 9 high school girls form the school idol group μ's to save their school from being closed and compete in the Love Live competition. It received 2 seasons for a total of 26 episodes along with an OVA. A full length movie was later released in 2015, continuing the story of the anime series and brought the story of μ's to a close. The anime is primarily a slice of life comedy and drama.

Love Live! Sunshine!!
•Produced by Sunrise
•Directed by Kazuo Sakai
Set in the rural cities of Uchiura and Numazu, Love Live! Sunshine!! follows Chika Takami and Aqours, a group of 9 girls who are inspired by μ's to save their school from being closed down and merged with another. The anime first aired in 2016 for 13 episode, and a second season is currently airing weekly on Saturday. Like the original series, this is also a slice of life comedy and drama.

Games
Love Live! School idol festival
•Developer: KLab
•Platform: iOS, Android, Arcade
Love Live! School idol festival is a free to play rhythm game that features both μ's And Aqours, along with some original characters from the both anime and the game itself. The gameplay involves completing lives to earn love gems (or loveca) for a chance to gain cards of various characters in the series. Story chapters unlock as you complete goals and level up by playing lives. An English version of School idol festival is available and follows a delayed release schedule of the Japanese version's content. In 2016 an arcade version was released in Japan either the subtitle After School Activity. A new game, Love Live! School idol festival ALL STARS was announced for release in 2018.

Love Live! School idol paradise
•Developer: Dingo Inc.
•Platform: PlayStation Vita
School Idol Paradise is a series of rhythm games released in three volumes that each focus on one subunit of μ's. These games are not good.
55308E5E3769C40018
Fan Culture
https://mobile.twitter.com/cowboybibimbop/status/923264400743481344

We have a Love Live! LINE group available as well. PM me for an invite and I'll send it when I can.

Last edited:

Dark

Oct 25, 2017
μ's girl: Eli Ayase
Aqours girl: Dia Kurosawa
Subunit: Soldier Game
Song: Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate

OP
OP
SideMatt

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's
μ's girl: Honoka
Aqours girl: Dia!! Kurosawa!!!
Subunit: Guilty Kiss
Song: Too many. Sunny Day Song, Yozora wa Nandemo Shitteru no, GNGK, Angelic Angel, Mijuku DREAMER, and Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare are a few.

Drop

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, happy to see a love live community here :)

μ's girl: Maki
Aqours girl: Kanan
Subunit: BiBi
Song: Angelic Angel

m0t0k1

Oct 26, 2017
Since we are doing this here we go.

μ's girl: Kotori
Aqours girl: non really
Subunit: A-Rise closely followed by probably bibi
Song: Wonderful Rush and Snow Halation. Guess i like my classics.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
μ's girl: Maki Nishikino
Aqours girl: Kanan Matsuura (Umi light)
Subunit: .Bibi (Because any other answer is a lie)

Oct 27, 2017
Hey y'all

μ's girl: Nozomi Tojo
Aqours girl: Mari Ohara
Song: Guilty Eyes Fever

Saint Snow > everyone

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone!

μ's girl: Kotori Minami
Aqours girl: Riko Sakurauchi
Song: Tokimeki Bunruigaku / Snow Halation

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Any thoughts on Love Live Sunshine season 2? I feel that they really amped up on the character gags so far. IE: A lot more English speaking Mari (although the English is much improved).

Hexxen-panda

Oct 25, 2017
cf1398bb2b.gif

S2 already delivering!

μ's girl: Honoka Kousaka
Aqours girl: Dia Kurosawa
Subunit: Printemps
Song: Mijuku Dreamer/ Angelic Angel

Drop

Oct 25, 2017
I think season 2 is a huge improvement over season 1 so far, I don't know about the gags but the characters have all been showing a lot more personality, I'm liking all of them, even the ones that I found pretty boring in s1(Hanamaru, Ruby, Riko).
We're starting to see interesting group dynamics, there's less Chika so everyone can shine, and we seem to be done with the whole "trying to be µ's" thing so Aqours can finally just be its own thing, basically we're getting everything I wanted out of it.

Oh, and the third years keep reigning :P

OP
OP
SideMatt

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're using the catchphrase gimmicks a little bit too often, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Love Live's humorous tone and unconditional optimism really hit a feel good sweet spot for me.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I thought from the first episode of season 2 we were going to get a drama heavy start. But it's all still very upbeat, I like the easygoing nature of this series.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
Does anyone else here collect nesoberis?

A good friend of mine gave me this Umi as a present for my birthday this year, and it may have awoken a desire for more.

I think they're using the catchphrase gimmicks a little bit too often, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Love Live's humorous tone and unconditional optimism really hit a feel good sweet spot for me.

Yeah, I feel the writers have been abusing the memes and in-jokes just a bit too much to pander to the fanbase. Despite saying that, I don't actually mind that much since it keeps things nice and light-hearted.

Dark

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else here collect nesoberis?

A good friend of mine gave me this Umi as a present for my birthday this year, and it may have awoken a desire for more.

Yeah, I feel the writers have been abusing the memes and in-jokes just a bit too much to pander to the fanbase. Despite saying that, I don't actually mind that much since it keeps things nice and light-hearted.
I have the mini Snow Miku Eli collaboration one (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00074131) and the PJ one (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00091927). I also have the Azalea Dia one pre-ordered (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00190125).

I would really love a super sized Eli nesoberi but I don't think that's going to happen at this point. Though if they do a Dia one, I'd probably order it. If you're not aware, they started taking orders for a super sized Chika one the other day that looks like this:
thm_201710251125039039.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I generally try to stay away from buying merch after dropping hundreds of dollars on random anime stuff back in high school, but the super sized nesoberi is pretty tempting.

Where can you order the super sized ones?

Oct 25, 2017
The Snow Halation Umi figurine I got from a crane game in Akiba last January, when I was't into idols or even LL, is still the only anime merch I own.

But fate was kind to me and Umi became my favourite character after watching LL.

OP
OP
SideMatt

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Community spotlight results are in and we aaaaaare *drumroll please*
58th in line