• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds of a time I waited until the last night a paper was due and still couldn't think of a subject and then I slept on it and woke up early to write it, but still couldn't think of an idea and the just really crapped out the most nothing idea at the last second because I had to have something or else I'd get a zero.

This tweet sums up the best parts.

Here's the page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lovesync/lovesync-kickstart-your-love-life/description

You're in love, but you don't always know when your partner is in the mood for romance... and sometimes you get shot down. So, you stop trying as often.
Even if occasional rejection doesn't bother you, you may be worried of leaving your partner feeling guilty that their libido isn't always matched up to yours.
Other times, you'd be game, but you let the moment pass because you're not quite motivated enough to be the one who makes the first move.
With LoveSync there's no rejection, no guilt and no missed opportunities. Take the Luck out of Getting Lucky and make your move with confidence!

It's been up for less than half a day and is at $2,764 of it's $7,500.

So maybe people are giving ironically or ... fuck me, this will actually make sex easier for couples. "Anonymously tap the button."

Last edited:

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine the type of soulless sex people who would buy this shit must have?

EDIT

"anonymously tapping your button" lmfao. Who else could have clicked the fuck button?

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, this gif.

6cb9d96641e57a6536e8031ffc9a1786_original.gif

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of It's Always Sunny, where Dennis makes sure he gets consent from his partner, via text, before he has sex with them. That way, he has evidence that they texted him agreeing to the sex.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
It reminds me of one of those beepers when you're waiting for a table at a busy restaurant.... except for sex.

I'd like to know what happens if one of the buttons just stops working after a couple has started to rely on this product. Do they just never have sex again assuming the other person isn't into it anymore?

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who listens to a lot of Esther Perel podcasts, the scenario whereby 'one partner gives up asking for intimacy due to experiencing frequent rejection' is actually quite common.

As a relationship tool to assist these kinds of couples, it actually sounds like a pretty neat product that could help people.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Patent pending "LoveSync technology"... lmao.

Two buttons are linked wirelessly. If both buttons are pressed within a short time period, they will light up.

Wow! These guys must be living in 3019 to have come up with such advanced technology!

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
ANONYMOUSLY tap the button? How anonymous can it be? It's wired, so it's like... you can't even market this to polyamorous people who might, depending on their arrangements, actually potentially have uses for this.

I think it's probably more beneficial in the long run just to, like... go to couples' therapy. If you need this button to solve a problem, the problem is actually bad enough the button won't help.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
This is true but the solution isn't "just keep asking and hope things change"

No. People miss the point. And it goes both ways. It's a timing thing. Especially in long term relationships. I don't need this but the idea isn't bad. It's about trying to sync up in a distracted busy life.

I'm sure there is people out there this will help. As goofy as it sounds. It's sort of also brilliant

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
No. People miss the point. And it goes both ways. It's a timing thing. Especially in long term relationships. I don't need this but the idea isn't bad. It's about trying to sync up in a distracted busy life.

I'm sure there is people out there this will help. As goofy as it sounds. It's sort of also brilliant
I guess? I've been married over ten years and I feel like the reality is more like if something is a priority you find time for it, and if you truly *want* it you find time for it, not just when your partner pushes a button and then the impetus is on you to accept or reject, I don't see how it would help with feelings of rejection.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm suprised there isn't an app for this.
I was about to say... instead of a $44 set of devices (which apparently will retail close to $100) which you would have to practice your ninja skills to pull out the button and tap it while your SO is next to you, an app, which you could just load up and tap while you are surfing on your phone before bed would make a lot more sense.
no extra cost.
can be done while you are surfing on your phone so not obvious.
and doesn't need to be plugged in, and can even be done from anywhere in the house.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How exactly do you "annonymously tap your button"? There's only two of them. She's going to know it was you.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
You know I don't give a damn what you playin right now
This is me pressing booty call Alexa right now
Lemme Freak

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh we have this already, it's called texting your SO a 🍆 or 🍑 out of nowhere

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I found the perfect Vday gift for BronsonLee . He can inform his right hand that he is ready for loving.

Last edited:

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
This is actually not a terrible idea. Anything that helps people communicate and have more intimacy with their partner is a net good in my book.

As someone who listens to a lot of Esther Perel podcasts, the scenario whereby 'one partner gives up asking for intimacy due to experiencing frequent rejection' is actually quite common.

As a relationship tool to assist these kinds of couples, it actually sounds like a pretty neat product that could help people.

Yeah, my thoughts.

And yeah, an app makes more sense.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
A button is nice and all, but it should've been a device you have to each insert a key into and turn it on, like on a submarine.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually not a terrible idea. Anything that helps people communicate and have more intimacy with their partner is a net good in my book.

Yeah, my thoughts.

And yeah, an app makes more sense.
If communication in your relationship is so bad that you need this, chances are it'll at best buy them a few extra weeks.

This isn't a solution to a problem, it's just another way to avoid the real issues.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If communication in your relationship is so bad that you need this, chances are it'll at best buy them a few extra weeks.

This isn't a solution to a problem, it's just another way to avoid the real issues.
I don't think it's a question of need. All relationships are different, and I think making assumptions about other people's relationship is rude and judgey, quite frankly.

This is silly, sure. I would never use it. But if it helps people, great.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the video pitch.
Made by a married couple, 15 years. Apparently she's a marriage counselor.

I guess they mean well, but when they start breaking it down to science, that's where I check out.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Gonna be honest - most of these consent apps/devices aren't actually for people that care about consent, but more for creepy people that want to have data showing consent was given at one point.